Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released

The Games For Windows Marketplace now offers the promised release of the Minerva's Den DLC for the Windows edition of BioShock 2, the waterlogged first-person shooter sequel (thanks Vor). Here's word on the $9.99 USD add-on:

Minerva's Den offers a brand-new, self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Seek out the tools you'll need to unlock new goals and spaces in the order you choose. Face Rapture's full range of opposition as you increase in power---a new challenge is always right around the corner. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 11:12 Stolk

You are correct. I could have phrased that differently.

"Mafia 2 is a mediocre game that I had a miserable time playing until quitting out of boredom and dislike around chapter 7."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 09:16 Verno

I wouldn't say it's miserable but it's completely devoid of presence or interest. It's almost inexcusable that it took so long to develop when they presented so little content for the player to interact with. The story itself was alright and they managed to escape a few cliches but surrendered too easily to others. Mafia 2 is just kind of "meh".  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

13. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 00:48 Stolk

Acleacius wrote on May 31, 2011, 22:25:
Never played this or Mafia 2 becasue of all the bad, bad mojo.

It might be worth considering now they are both more stabilized. If they could be approached as budget titles might not be so traumatizing and painful.

Mafia 2 was a miserable game. I'd highly advise against it. Unless you like stupid easy shootouts and fairly well crafted movies all tied together by long driving sequences, then it may be just your thing.

Bioshock 2 was a decent game for me. I never knew of any bad mojo. Not great, but pretty damn decent.

12. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 22:30 nin

Mafia 2 was a blast. I'd highly recommend it on the PC, as it looked a hell of a lot better than on consoles.

There's a "director's cut" available now, and I'm willing to bet Steam gets it eventually. So if you can, hold out for that, or the next xmas sale.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 22:25 Acleacius

It might be worth considering now they are both more stabilized. If they could be approached as budget titles might not be so traumatizing and painful.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 16:17 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on May 31, 2011, 14:44:
It's like blu-ray movie that you can't let your friend borrow. What a deal! Wait...no, I've got a better analogy. It's just like a Blu-ray that your player EATS your disc and never gives back. Hey, give me my disk back? FUCK YOU, you already watched this movie, you don't ever get it back you filthy pirate! You just want to let someone else use this disc you monster! You got a fantastic deal for $24.99, now you want the disc back?!

They tried this. It was called DIVX.

9. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:44 Tumbler

Correction, the games where you are forced to buy them for MP are coincidentally worth more :Evil:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Example? You mean like Starcraft 2 where the SP side that is all your care about has to be purchased with the MP side so you're paying for stuff you don't want because it's the only option?

That is probably what you mean, and yes those games are overpriced as well. In every sense. Even if you could only buy the SP side of Starcraft 2 for $24.99 that is too high in my opinion. It's like blu-ray movie that you can't let your friend borrow. What a deal! Wait...no, I've got a better analogy. It's just like a Blu-ray that your player EATS your disc and never gives back. Hey, give me my disk back? FUCK YOU, you already watched this movie, you don't ever get it back you filthy pirate! You just want to let someone else use this disc you monster! You got a fantastic deal for $24.99, now you want the disc back?!

This comment was edited on May 31, 2011, 14:52.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:30 Verno

Tumbler wrote on May 31, 2011, 14:21:
To be fair $10 is more than most game are worth. Evil

Correction, the games where you are forced to buy them for MP are coincidentally worth more Evil

$10 for a 4 hour addon that has a much higher quality experience than the regular SP in Bioshock 2 sounds fine to me.

7. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:21 Tumbler

To be fair that's more than you pay for most games Wiseguy

To be fair $10 is more than most game are worth. Evil

6. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:17 Stolk

Great jokes aside, I read good things so I'll be checking it out. Although I don't know if this or L.A. Noire DLC comes first tonight.  

5. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:14 Verno

LOL, $10, that is more than I paid for the whole game

To be fair that's more than you pay for most games Wiseguy

4. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:14 Ruffiana

Scud wrote on May 31, 2011, 14:05:
Wow, now if only they had released this back when I was playing Bioshock 2. Rather than now, when I've moved on and couldn't give a damn.

Which was what...4 1/2 days after buying it?

3. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:10 Tumbler

LOL, $10, that is more than I paid for the whole game. Hahahahah. You'd stand a much better chance of getting $10 from consumers if you offered this DLC with the full game for $10. Bioshock 2 + DLC = $10. DLC only for $10?! HAHAHAHAAHAH.  

2. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:08 nin

GFMFW!

edit: Nice age gate there, you can put in up to 999...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:05 Scud

Wow, now if only they had released this back when I was playing Bioshock 2. Rather than now, when I've moved on and couldn't give a damn.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo