Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: etc. May 31, 2011, 17:19 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on May 31, 2011, 10:22:
zerobytes wrote on May 30, 2011, 20:16:
Dirwulf wrote on May 30, 2011, 14:31:
That is insane...

Actually, it's good to get the download insurance. Most packet collisions happen within 2 miles of your home.

Highfive

**RIMSHOT** Drummer

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: etc. May 31, 2011, 10:22  Blue 

zerobytes wrote on May 30, 2011, 20:16:
That is insane...

Actually, it's good to get the download insurance. Most packet collisions happen within 2 miles of your home.

Highfive

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

10. Re: That's the end of IT. May 31, 2011, 08:38 Ant

Hyatus wrote on May 30, 2011, 14:35:
Seriously? One of the funniest shows on tv is about to end. This sucks. How hard can it be to do 6 episodes a year? I'd understand if the total sum of episodes != one us tv season. Shooting has to take up, what, a month at best? Jerks.
Or maybe they're running out of ideas and decide to end it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: etc. May 31, 2011, 00:57 Teddy

I wonder how (or if) this applies to games you've already purchased through impulse.

That said, I just went through the process to purchase a game through the system and it made no mention of any of this. It's starting to look like a hoax to me.

edit: Incidentally, holy CRAP Frozen Synapse is cool. If you're a fan of oldschool turn based tacticals like X-COM and the like, check it out. Don't go by screenshots, watch a video. Hadn't heard of it before, just happened to be the game I chose for the purchase test.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2011, 02:08.

8. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 20:48 Dirwulf

The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2011, 18:59:
While it sucks, Gamestop is NOT the first retailer to do this. Direct 2 Drive/IGN use to have this as well before they quit doing it due to backlash.

I've been using Direct2Drive for well over 5 years, and I've always been able to download my games from them whenever I want. I never had a limit.

7. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 20:16 Killswitch

That is insane...

6. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 18:59 The Half Elf

While it sucks, Gamestop is NOT the first retailer to do this. Direct 2 Drive/IGN use to have this as well before they quit doing it due to backlash.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 18:43 Jerykk

Yet another reason to never support GameStop.  

4. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 15:57 Wolfen

Darn. I was hoping I wouldn't have to hear Cliff anymore (or read his writings). I guess I only get that dream for a month or two.  

3. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 15:04 killer_roach

Am I interpreting this correctly? If you buy a game digitally from Gamerstop, you can only download it one time ever unless you buy insurance?

That is insane...

Correct, it is insane. Pretty much why I only even consider buying Steamworks and EA games from GameStop digitally... that way I can put sync them to an external application and redownload as often as I want, whether GameStop likes it or not.

2. That's the end of IT. May 30, 2011, 14:35 Hyatus

Seriously? One of the funniest shows on tv is about to end. This sucks. How hard can it be to do 6 episodes a year? I'd understand if the total sum of episodes != one us tv season. Shooting has to take up, what, a month at best? Jerks.  

1. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 14:31 Dirwulf

Am I interpreting this correctly? If you buy a game digitally from Gamerstop, you can only download it one time ever unless you buy insurance?

That is insane...

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo