Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Volition's New IP

During a conversation with Volition's David Abzug, VideoGamer.com learned from the lead designer on Red Faction: Armageddon that the developer is working on a new game based on a new intellectual property in addition to their upcoming collaboration with director Guillermo del Toro on inSANE. "There are, but I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about them," he said when asked about new IPs. A follow-up answer about the first-person shooter genre suggests the new game will not be an FPS: "I would like to return to it with another IP, yeah." He elaborates, suggesting this will be a third-person game: "First-person and third-person are just two different ways of making it. There are things that first-person does better, there are things that third-person does better. Third-person gives you more situational awareness, first-person makes you feel more involved in the action. Third-person lets you see your character more, first-person gives you a more claustrophobic view - it's better for a military shooter." Thanks VG247.

View
7. Re: Volition's New IP May 27, 2011, 12:13 Parallax Abstraction

Red Faction Guerrilla (while a mess on PC I admit) was one of the most fun shooters in years for me. It actually (GASP!) tried to do something new! The Saint's Row series is a blast too. The previous Red Faction games...yeah they weren't so hot.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 27, 10:48 Re: Volition's New IP nin
  2. May 27, 11:09  Re: Volition's New IP Cutter
  3. May 27, 11:34   Re: Volition's New IP Beamer
  6. May 27, 11:59   Re: Volition's New IP Hyatus
  4. May 27, 11:42  Re: Volition's New IP Wildone
  5. May 27, 11:42 Re: Volition's New IP mag
>> 7. May 27, 12:13 Re: Volition's New IP Parallax Abstraction
  8. May 27, 12:34  Re: Volition's New IP Beamer