Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 18:27 The Half Elf

zirik wrote on May 26, 2011, 11:11:
geek pride day? didnt know GLTBs have geeks.

Yes and we don't work for Best Buy either.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 17:34 xXBatmanXx

Portal 2 on sale at Amazon for $29.99.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 13:11 xXBatmanXx

ColecoVision 1983 TV ad for George Plimpton's "Video Falconry" game.

http://wn.com/ColecoVision

I am going to get a tshirt made up:

ColecoVision
THE ONLY SYSTEM YOU WILL EVER NEED

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 12:54 xXBatmanXx

Holy crap nin that is insane. I have only been in 1. It was over a few blocks but moved the cars out of the driveway. Was a young kid - so over all these years maybe that isn't what happened, but who knows. I just remember being really scared.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 12:33 Verno

That article about movie screen dimness(the dying of the light) is interesting, my GF and I were chatting about why we don't go to the theater as often a few weeks ago. As we get older friends and family want to go less and less so the social factor isn't there as much and she has had increasing problems in past two years with getting headaches. She's had her vision checked and still doesn't need glasses, we've tried different viewing distances and so on. Now I think I finally know what the problem is, I didn't realize that theaters were leaving the 3D lens on for 2D films.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 11:43 kanniballl

I only saw part of a Tornado funnel once at a distance.

I took my brother camping one time, since I was a Boy Scout for a while and was seeing if he'd be interested. The thing was a disaster: bears, heat, hiking in the heat when he wasn't prepared for, etc.

The icing on the cake: Tornado.

The park rangers came to us and warned us, shortly later the wind picked up enough to wreck tents and everything while we waited in the cars/suvs.

And in the distance I could see part of the tornado moving parallel to us. It was far enough away to not be immediately dangerous, though it's a good thing it didn't change direction.

Needless to say, my brother's first-camping-experience didn't pan out well.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 11:12 nin

It's odd I have lived in tornado alley all my life (enough decades to fill one hand) and have yet to see a tornado. Everyone else in my family has, some more than once, but not me. Probably means I am doomed to die watching one from the inside.

I've only been in one that I almost died in. It was pretty wild - we ended up in the stairwell on the first floor of a two story building. Part of the roof got ripped off, there was water running down the side of the wall and the ceiling tiles were flapping up and down like crazy. Something weird also happened with the air pressure, and windows got popped on cars in every direction.

There was about a 5 minute time span where I literally thought I was about to die.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 11:11 zirik

geek pride day? didnt know GLTBs have geeks.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2011, 10:51 RoboNerd

Re: Where to Live in the USA to Avoid Natural Disasters

Article fails to consider volcanic risk which makes the whole Cascade region a ticking time bomb, oh and let's not forget wild fire risk in areas like California.

It's odd I have lived in tornado alley all my life (enough decades to fill one hand) and have yet to see a tornado. Everyone else in my family has, some more than once, but not me. Probably means I am doomed to die watching one from the inside.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo