Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patch Plans

The World of Warcraft Public Test Realm Guide offers patch notes from the upcoming version 4.2 patch for World of Warcraft, which is now live on the PTR for Blizzard's MMORPG. They offer extensive detail on new content being added, and a link to BlizzCast 16, which also discusses version 4.2. Thanks PC Gamer.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 26, 2011, 23:07 Wallshadows

If you are that unhappy with WoW that you're going to complain about every decision they make then yes, it's time to pull the plug. You've been saying this for awhile now.

This would be the first time I have thought hard about pulling my subscription but certainly not the first time which I have been vocal about the changes which Blizzard is going with the game as well as their business model since Cataclysm released.

Unfortunately, the actions which they have been performing lately have been criticized by much of the community because the answers we are given simply enforce the fact that they are out of touch with the players. To be honest, it's hard to not question the decisions they have been making lately and provides the customers with ammunition and criticize them for being lazy or uninterested in the title at this point.

I really do want to believe that they will smarten up and focus on class balance as well as consistent content updates but with each new patch notes or blue post, they continue to shoot themselves in the foot and I will continue to call them out on this whether I am their customer or not.

The community at large is starting to call them out on it too (see the last Ask the Devs - Firelands thread).

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 26, 2011, 10:16 Optional nickname

tweaks and patches and whatever it takes to maintain the cash grab from addicted WoW players, well isn't that special. /Church lady  

5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 26, 2011, 07:20 Dades

I think my subscription is just about ready to be pulled.

If you are that unhappy with WoW that you're going to complain about every decision they make then yes, it's time to pull the plug. You've been saying this for awhile now.

4. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 26, 2011, 01:39 eunichron

Wallshadows wrote on May 25, 2011, 21:38:
We view this more of a class problem than an encounter problem.

If that is true then I have finally lost faith in this game. Melee is a design philosophy, not a "class." If they can't, or refuse, to design encounters that don't incorporate melee without an inherent disadvantage, then they have failed, not only in encounter design, but design philosophy as well. What I mean is, you can't just make an encounter not-melee friendly, and call it a class problem. Melee is melee, that will never change, that is the only constant. The only option is to change what is possible, and that is the encounter designs. If they can't wrap their heads around that, they might as well remove melee from the game, and watch it crumble.

3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 25, 2011, 21:55 Wallshadows

But who will take out the trash?

I can totally see this being an achievement if you have no melee when you kill Ragnaros.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 25, 2011, 21:41 Sepharo

Wallshadows wrote on May 25, 2011, 21:38:

But who will take out the trash?

1. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans May 25, 2011, 21:38 Wallshadows

So Abyssal Maw went from a raid and two unique dungeons, to two dungeons, and now only Throne of the Tides so they could push out the Firelands quicker. What's worse is that they appear to be happy with the way Neptulon's story 'finished' and Firelands originally had less than seven bosses.

The latest 'Ask The Devs' answers has really given me little to no hope in the future of this game. While they can pick and choose the questions which are brought up, they still dance around the issues and leave you scratching your head. The question which asked whether melee is still a liability in Firelands was the coup de grâce which provided an almost wtf reply:

We view this more of a class problem than an encounter problem.

So we now have two tiers where Melee are being punished in a raid environment and blame the class itself rather than to properly design encounters. Oh wait...

We’re making sure that melee have some fights where they can shine in Firelands. To use just one example, the Sons of Flame on Ragnaros tend to be better handled by melee than ranged.

So Melee are the garbage men of WoW since they're so good at taking out the trash.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo