Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1

The Official Portal 2 Website points the way to the Portal 2 Music Page where they offer free downloads of volume one of Songs to Test By, the soundtrack to Portal 2, Valve's puzzle/platformer sequel. They say the 157 MB download is the "first of three downloadable aural stimulus packages." Word is: "Whether you're a mega-science corporation with decades of test experience, or a young start-up liberating your first test subject from non-testing with a chloroform-soaked rag, Aperture guarantees results. Wake up your test subject, open the chamber door, and press play--let Aperture's patent-pending rhythmic compliance enhancers do the rest."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Re:OT May 26, 2011, 02:42 Genesys

Jerykk wrote on May 26, 2011, 00:54:
Does this include the turret opera? That piece was awesome.

Nope - hopefully the Volume II download will have it. I'd also like to see a longer version of Background 5 (the 1-minute sound loop that plays in the game menu along with the video of Wheatley and the Spaaaace! core orbiting him after you finish the single-player mission).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Re:OT May 26, 2011, 00:54 Jerykk

Does this include the turret opera? That piece was awesome.

Edit: No, no it doesn't. But this is only the first volume so hopefully the next one will include it.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2011, 02:42.

10. Re: Re:OT May 25, 2011, 23:27 Techie714

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 25, 2011, 20:26:
Techie714 wrote on May 25, 2011, 17:37:
OT: Does anyone know where I could get the Fallout:NV soundtrack DAMN that soundtrack was AWESOME!
You can pull all of the music straight out of the bsa using the toolset, or one of the various extractors. You may need to edit a couple of bytes in the bsa to allow the extractor to work however, but that's pretty trivial if you know how to use a hex editor and can follow step-by-step instructions.

Thank you, yea I'm good with a Hex editor.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Re:OT May 25, 2011, 20:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Techie714 wrote on May 25, 2011, 17:37:
OT: Does anyone know where I could get the Fallout:NV soundtrack DAMN that soundtrack was AWESOME!
You can pull all of the music straight out of the bsa using the toolset, or one of the various extractors. You may need to edit a couple of bytes in the bsa to allow the extractor to work however, but that's pretty trivial if you know how to use a hex editor and can follow step-by-step instructions.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 18:34 MajorD

raVen wrote on May 25, 2011, 18:30:
one man's techno-grunge elevator jingle is another man's treasure.

Grin.....some/most of it is just a bit too funky.

7. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 18:32 PHJF

There was some OK stuff in there, particularly in the old test chambers portion of the game. Not stuff that's going to rock your socks off, but stuff that fit very well within the context of the game... which is what music should do.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 18:30 raVen

one man's techno-grunge elevator jingle is another man's treasure.  

5. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 17:50 MajorD

Thank you 'very' much Valve!!!

Thank you for taking care of your fans/community, in addition to not charging us for DLC like most other greedy bastard publishers do. Yeah Crytek you fall into that category now too, thanks to your friends at EA!

4. Re:OT May 25, 2011, 17:37 Techie714

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 17:30 eRe4s3r

Portal 2 had a soundtrack? All i heard was something resembling techno-grunge elevator jingles...  

2. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 17:09 nin

It's fantastic that Valve is giving this away for free. A lot of companies would charge for it

True. I actually bought the Orange Box cd Valve used to sell...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 17:00 Tainted

It's fantastic that Valve is giving this away for free. A lot of companies would charge for it  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo