Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Online Announced

Ubisoft announces Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online, an upcoming free-to-play third-person multiplayer shooter based on the tactical shooter series. The game is in development at Ubisoft Singapore, and while it doesn't carry a release date at this time, closed beta testing is set to begin this summer, and those interested in the beta can sign up on the game's official website. Word is: "With Ghost Recon Online, Ubisoft is delivering the most social, connected and customizable Ghost Recon experience yet. The game offers players the ability to choose between three different classes of Ghost, customize their weapons, deploy cutting-edge military technology, and share intel with their team. Ghost Recon Online also features a rich lobby platform for hosting social and persistent progression features. Ubisoft also will back the game with a full set of services, including regular events and game content updates, customized content based on community feedback, and live support." Here's a batch of screenshots and here's the game's debut trailer, which is also embedded below.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 25, 2011, 07:02 Nick W

Ugh "free to play shooter" also known as pay to win.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 25, 2011, 05:38 SectorEffector

Dmitri_M wrote on May 24, 2011, 19:29:
Somehow when I saw this pop-up as a release and it only had "PC" next to the title I figured they'd were basically just going to package up the original GR (of course I somehow forgot about GWAR) and dump it online lazily. Which would have been mildly ok.

Instead, they've gone to the trouble to actually produce a GR branded Crysis knockoff console shooter that looks utterly shit for PC. Way to go. The problem with producing rubbish and making it "free" is it's still rubbish. No one is going to bother with it. They'll smugly sit around saying "see GR is dead on PC, they won't even play a free title" without acknowledging the reality..

Their recent killing off of R6 Ravenshield mods (a game released..hmm, 9 years ago?) really demonstrates how they're willing to milk these series for every last cent.

word.

Raven Shield and Ghost Recon were greats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

12. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 21:46 Bumpy

Really? This is what gamers out there want?

They planning on mixing FarmVille with WoW and add guns or something?

11. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 20:47 Jedi Master

You mean GRAW. If it was GWAR, Ubi would be a lot cooler.  

10. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 19:29 Dmitri_M

Somehow when I saw this pop-up as a release and it only had "PC" next to the title I figured they'd were basically just going to package up the original GR (of course I somehow forgot about GWAR) and dump it online lazily. Which would have been mildly ok.

Instead, they've gone to the trouble to actually produce a GR branded Crysis knockoff console shooter that looks utterly shit for PC. Way to go. The problem with producing rubbish and making it "free" is it's still rubbish. No one is going to bother with it. They'll smugly sit around saying "see GR is dead on PC, they won't even play a free title" without acknowledging the reality..

Their recent killing off of R6 Ravenshield mods (a game released..hmm, 9 years ago?) really demonstrates how they're willing to milk these series for every last cent.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 19:38.

9. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 18:39 CJ_Parker

Since it is free to play I'll just say that it looks really fucking retarded. If they would be bold enough to demand money for this shit then I wouldn't be so gentle. Themz gotz lucky. Lucky I tellz ya!

8. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 18:31 Sir Graves

Third-person shooter? Yuck. No thanks.  

7. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 14:28 hahnsolo

They should bring back Clanladder with the launch .. like the good old days  

6. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 14:23 LittleMe

Invisibility? Arg...  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 14:18 SpectralMeat

Fantaz wrote on May 24, 2011, 14:10:
Ahh... so this is Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Fixed it for you

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 14:10 Fantaz

Ahh... so this is the reason why Ghost Recon Future Soldier was delayed yet again?  

3. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 13:52 Rhett

What is this I don't even?  

2. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 13:32 Graham

Mmmm, social and connected. Someone produce the Chalice, we must collect the tears that this produces.  

1. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 13:01 Blackhawk

Tactical shooter?  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo