Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer

This trailer offers the promised reveal for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the next installment in this series of military first-person shooters. Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling offers a clarification of what we're seeing via Twitter: "Call of Duty doesn't have cut scenes, every second of that was taken from playable moments in the game." The embedded version follows.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 25, 2011, 19:30 xXBatmanXx

Johnny beat me to it - responding to a typical console fanboi about HARDWARE. ugh. Thanks Johnny - my BP was going up....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 25, 2011, 18:30 Tango

Trailer looks nice, but can they make a game where I get to control my character for more than 2 minutes at a time? I'm looking at you, Black Ops.  

28. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 25, 2011, 07:39 Beamer

In any case, I'm not sure how anyone could think the trailer is CGI. The models are low-poly and textures low-res, just like the previous games. There are some nice particle and lighting effects but CGI-quality? Hardly.

And the animations are pretty nice. As they should be for being scripted by a company with a giant budget and a pretty high level of experience in this kind of thing.

But yeah, like I mentioned, nothing in this trailer looks out of place with the other two games visually. That's not a compliment, although not necessarily a knock. Just a good indicator it's not CGI.

I'll wait and see what it looks like on my TV before I judge. The 360 doesn't have much more room to stretch, but Gears of War 3 does look significantly better than 1 and 2, but at this point "better" tends to be things you have to know to look for to really notice.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

27. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 25, 2011, 05:14 Jerykk

XBox360 specs are better than the average PC gamer's setup. I don't see what the issue is.

There's a pretty significant distinction between a PC gamer and someone who just owns a PC. While your claim is likely true of the latter, it certainly isn't true of the former.

In any case, I'm not sure how anyone could think the trailer is CGI. The models are low-poly and textures low-res, just like the previous games. There are some nice particle and lighting effects but CGI-quality? Hardly.

26. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 25, 2011, 02:18 Genesys

Mcboinkens wrote on May 24, 2011, 14:34:
Jonny5 wrote on May 24, 2011, 12:55:
Anyone smart enough to see the two different things being showed here, 70% of it is CGI, ..

Yeah uh, false. I'm gonna go with false.

And people said that Portal 2 had no good memes :)

25. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 20:29 Jonny5

Jonny5 wrote on May 24, 2011, 20:19:
Mcboinkens wrote on May 24, 2011, 19:06:
Jonny5 wrote on May 24, 2011, 17:30:
Anyone smart enough to see the two different things being showed here, 70% of it is CGI, ..

You are dealing With Xbox 360 hardware here...smarten up big guy!

XBox360 specs are better than the average PC gamer's setup. I don't see what the issue is.

You do realize the Xbox 360 uses a trimmed down ATI Radeon X1900/X1950.. I hope to GOD you are gaming on something better then a X1950 thing runs at 500 Mhz? REALLY? Pathetic
Direct X 10 cards make up more then 70% of Steams market

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Give me some more Bullshit from some fool that thinks the next COD is gonna look ANYTHING like that trailer while PLAYING it, not watching the cut scenes or QTEs

24. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 20:19 Jonny5

Mcboinkens wrote on May 24, 2011, 19:06:

You do realize the Xbox 360 uses a trimmed down ATI Radeon X1900/X1950.. I hope to GOD you are gaming on something better then a X1950 thing runs at 500 Mhz? REALLY? Pathetic

23. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:26 bigspender

actually i just realised that this will keep all of the annoying assholes busy, so they won't ruin and troll my battlefield servers. thanks

so many dickheads in badcompany 2 lately...and they all smack of blackops.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

22. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:16 bigspender

LOL BF3 rip off much?

same areas of the world
falling buildings (although scripted)
even the bloody music is the same in the trailer!

tbh the single player looks OK, wouldn't touch MP when i can do more and it looks way better in BF3

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

21. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:06 Mcboinkens

20. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 18:52 [VG]Reagle

Scripted = freaking good. COD has multiplayer done right. The perk system is wonderful and adds new life to multiplayer. The MMO addition to the multiplayer is very cool. The hit detection is right the hell on. People LOVE Cod becuase of the multiplayer. BF is also very good but your going to need some serious hardware to run it GUARANTEED.

The REAL REASON why most of you don't like COD is becuase when you log onto a server you get YOUR NEWB ASSES HANDED TO YOU by people like me. I bet the COD haters have a K/D ratio of about 0.1.

I am much better now.

19. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 18:08 Beamer

It's scripted to hell, agreed, but anyone saying it's CGI is likely confused.

We'll find out at E3.

-------------

18. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 17:55 Jackplug

"Call of Duty doesn't have cut scenes, every second of that was taken from playable moments in the game.

It may of been taken from playable moments in the game but all of it was still scripted, just like Black Ops and this new MW3 will most probaly built on the old engine.

All i will say is, let the battle commence.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 17:35 Beamer

"Call of Duty doesn't have cut scenes, every second of that was taken from playable moments in the game."

So, unless you think they're pulling a Sony here, and I doubt it because this game should be playable at E3 and in a few short weeks some people will actually be playing moments from this trailer.

None of it looks particularly unlike anything in MW1 and MW2, so I'm not certain what your contention is.

-------------

16. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 17:30 Jonny5

15. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 17:27 Jonny5

Beamer wrote on May 24, 2011, 13:40:
Anyone smart enough to see the two different things being showed here, 70% of it is CGI,

None of it is CGI. It's all in-engine. Some/most of it is heavily scripted, but again, that's what CoD is: a heavily scripted cinematic experience.

I'll still take it over BF3 (in truth I'll likely take neither.) I'll never understand the obsession with the crap DICE puts out there. CoD may be overrated with mainstream fans but BF is overrated with hardcore fans. Their weapons feel wrong and their movement feels wrong. Sure, you get a nice sandbox for multiplayer but the toys they give you to play in that sandbox is broken.

absolutely wrong...REAL time game play will not look like most of that trailer...watch again see that crappy lit (both at :21 and :41 THAT is what you will see while playing...not the rest of that stuff...those are only Kick ass cutscenes made by engine or CGI....matters not. Subway sequence..THAT is real time engine gameplay... be NOT CGI or using game engine...your GAME play will not look much better then CODs last title...

14. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 15:36 McSterls

OMG! I think I pissed myself. Bring it on!  

13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 15:21 Creston

It's a very cool trailer, but I can guarantee that the REALLY nice looking scenes will look nowhere near as nice when the game's actually here. There's no way the crappy hardware in today's consoles could play that at even single digit frame rates.

still, it looked very nice. Too bad it'll be another 4 hour campaign...

Creston

12. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 15:09 RollinThundr

Mcboinkens wrote on May 24, 2011, 14:40:
Wildone wrote on May 24, 2011, 14:02:
COD has turned into some gimmicky game for shcumks who can't play without freeky 'perks' that give you superhuman powers and senses yea if thats not 'broken' I dont know what is.

Play it once and your done, you can keep playing BF games for years after and never get bored. Thats it. Done. Finito.

Those "freeky 'perks'" are almos the exact same thing as creating a class in BF, except instead of naming it medic, sniper, and assault, they let you mix and create your own playstyle.

Play it once and you're* done? According to what? The single player? At least it has single player, something that up until now, BF has ignored. The multiplayer? I think the millions that still play it would like to say otherwise.

I loved BF1942, and BF: Vietnam. But after seeing what they did with Bad Company I'm losing any hope I have in BF3 actually being that great. The guns and hitboxes feel off, the vehicles are underwhelming for the most part, the melee system is still broken. I know a lot of people still play BFBC:2 but I don't see how. The wookie snipers that camp the treeline all day are much worse than any other type of camping I've experienced. It takes minutes to get back into the action when you die, unless you have a squad member chilling up in the front lines. My friends and I grew tired off the game after about a month, but to each his own I guess.

I'm with ya, I don't understand whats so great about battlefield that isn't any different than what COD does. BF's hit boxes feel way off, the aiming/movement is clunky and always has been when it comes to DICE titles. Momentum representation is one thing, BF way over does it to the point where it just feels unresponsive imo.

To be honest though, I'm tired of COD as well. Been there, done that, find a new IP to milk into the ground Activision.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 14:40 Mcboinkens

Wildone wrote on May 24, 2011, 14:02:
COD has turned into some gimmicky game for shcumks who can't play without freeky 'perks' that give you superhuman powers and senses yea if thats not 'broken' I dont know what is.

Play it once and your done, you can keep playing BF games for years after and never get bored. Thats it. Done. Finito.

Those "freeky 'perks'" are almos the exact same thing as creating a class in BF, except instead of naming it medic, sniper, and assault, they let you mix and create your own playstyle.

Play it once and you're* done? According to what? The single player? At least it has single player, something that up until now, BF has ignored. The multiplayer? I think the millions that still play it would like to say otherwise.

I loved BF1942, and BF: Vietnam. But after seeing what they did with Bad Company I'm losing any hope I have in BF3 actually being that great. The guns and hitboxes feel off, the vehicles are underwhelming for the most part, the melee system is still broken. I know a lot of people still play BFBC:2 but I don't see how. The wookie snipers that camp the treeline all day are much worse than any other type of camping I've experienced. It takes minutes to get back into the action when you die, unless you have a squad member chilling up in the front lines. My friends and I grew tired off the game after about a month, but to each his own I guess.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo