Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Milestones

Wargaming.net announces that more than two million players have registered for World of Tanks on the Russian server for the MMO armored combat game. They also say the North American and European server is nearing the one million player milestone since the game's official launch earlier this month. "At the very beginning of development for World of Tanks, we were assuming that the maximum number would be around 600,000 players worldwide. Now, we have 2 million registrations in Russia alone, not to mention the Western audience and its immense growth," said Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi. "With the tremendous number we’ve reached in Russia as well as the dynamics of community growth in Europe and North America, we are looking forward to the many more milestones to come."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: World of Tanks May 25, 2011, 06:46 Grounded

Stupid game. Axis and Allies can fight on the same side...retarded  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer May 24, 2011, 20:47 TheLeech

If any of you want to team up, my WoT name is the same as it is here, TheLeech.  

6. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 20:40 Talisorn

Mad Jackson wrote on May 24, 2011, 13:40:
I'm still having a lot of fun with it. They just went through a rough patch with lag/packet loss (some router issue on the Eastern seaboard or something) that seems to be fixed now.

The mad lag is still affecting some us Aussie players, having hone from 350ms to 650ms pings ... from reasonably playable to unplayable. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon, 'cause I've been enjoying it up until now.

5. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:33 Snozzle

One of the things the I really like about this game is that you don't need the biggest and best tank to have fun. In fact, one of the most fun tanks (to me) is the M2 which is the first tank you can unlock on the American side. It's fast, nimble, and packs a punch for a tank in it's class. In the Beta, I was still playing it a lot even when I had Tigers and other "advanced" tanks.

There's a ton of tanks to unlock, and part of the fun is playing each one and figuring out if it's a gem that you want to keep or a dog that you can't wait to dump as soon as you research something better.

4. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 17:37 Bard

Been loving this game.

3. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 16:45 Jdrez

I finally tried this out on Saturday. Ten seconds after the first round I went into started, all my team mate's tanks disappeared and the game froze up completely.

I did not give it a second try.

2. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 13:40 Mad Jackson

I'm still having a lot of fun with it. They just went through a rough patch with lag/packet loss (some router issue on the Eastern seaboard or something) that seems to be fixed now.

Can't hurt to try, as like in LoL, it's free!

-MJ

1. Re: World of Tanks Milestones May 24, 2011, 12:42 JohnBirshire

I downloaded it on release date, but have been playing League of Legends religiously so haven't checked it out yet. Going to make it a point to try it tonight.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo