Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming

Trion Worlds announces plans to offer free character transfers in RIFT when the version 1.3 update goes live in their MMORPG this summer. They say players will be able to switch to select servers in their territory once each week, taking all items, achievements, and titles with them, and that guild leaders will be able to move their guild's level and experience as well. This service will operate for free for the foreseeable future, and here's a bit more:

“MMOs are all about playing with your friends no matter which server they’re on, and that’s why we’re offering this as a free service to our subscribers,” said Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer. “RIFT is both a game and a service, and adding free server transfers is just one more way we can make this the best possible MMO experience available.”

Whether you want to play with friends, check out a new server, or avoid queue times on highly populated servers, you’ll be free to move about Telara. As a part of this grand experiment, there will initially be no limits on the number of times you can transfer your characters or guild.

View
13. Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming May 23, 2011, 19:07 Cutter

Drezden wrote on May 23, 2011, 15:40:
Cutter wrote on May 23, 2011, 14:38:
but I'll be trying Rift in a month or so.

I'm freaking shocked. As much as you badmouthed this game and ran it into the ground as the next F2P disaster? What changed.

Simple boredom really. Believe after my free month is up I won't be sticking around. I still stand by original assessment of the gameplay itself and how poorly they handled their beta and the like, but there just isn't a whole lot of other stuff to play atm - at least that I'm interested in, or won't be untill it hits the bargain bin. However, it's a good way to kill a month untill I can find something else. I think there's only about 3 games I'm interested in that'll be out over the summer. All the titles I want are basically slotted for Xmas, sigh.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 23, 13:10 Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Fion
  2. May 23, 13:32  Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Alamar
  3. May 23, 13:45 Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming eunichron
  4. May 23, 13:52  Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Killswitch
  5. May 23, 14:02  Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming SimplyMonk
  6. May 23, 14:07 Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Esoteric
  8. May 23, 14:38  Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Cutter
  10. May 23, 15:40   Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Trevellian
>> 13. May 23, 19:07    Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Cutter
  14. May 23, 20:05     Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming Grounded