Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2011, 04:38 SectorEffector

Love that you can make them stop by shooting in the air.

That's an awesome feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 23:55 Dirwulf

LA Noire was fun, but I always missed at least one question during a case, if not more. Some of those peoples faces are impossible to read. I did find it frustrating in the beginning until I just said screw it, I'll take what I get.

Tackling perps is hard. I liked stopping them by shooting in the air.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the film reels. I did not see one the entire game, and never let my partner drive, I drove to every location. Got the 194.7 miles achievement on the last case. I wonder if that's a tip of the hat to the Mighty Met KMET 94.7.

Cars always getting in your way was a problem, so I just drove everywhere with the siren on. Kind of annoying, but it got the job done.

I've driven most of those street in real life so it was fun to see familiar places.

The game is a little anti-climatic. Cole even comments when he goes to Vice he thought Homicide was the top. So did I. Arson was pretty boring and by then you pretty much knew what was going on.

I think the game is great, but I also think its way over rated. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. Lots of repetition. Not very replayable, and I'm not so hot on paying money for more cases.

Major Spoiler: And now that Cole is dead, it seems fairly obvious to me whats going to happen in the sequel with Kelso taking over, especially since the Chief and Roy were never busted.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 00:04.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 19:33 Sepharo

SectorEffector wrote on May 23, 2011, 19:23:
I have been busy with Witcher 2, anyone know if it's true that you can't pull out your firearm at any time? Or Just shoot some rounds into the sky to clear a crowd?

No shooting except during the shooting parts.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 19:23 SectorEffector

I have been busy with Witcher 2, anyone know if it's true that you can't pull out your firearm at any time? Or Just shoot some rounds into the sky to clear a crowd?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 17:26 Krovven

Most annoying thing about LA Noire is the white icons on the black and white street map.

There are question marks on the street map that show you where the hidden vehicles are located.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 17:10 nin

Creston, Creston, Creston...

Once you graduate from the Niko Bellic School of Driving, annoyances like traffic are just a bump in the road, but figuratively and literally.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 17:02 Creston

Yeah, other than the locations you get through ranks, I haven't found any of the hidden cars yet. I've got 24 out of 30 landmarks, and zero movie reels.

The game doesn't really offer much incentive to explore, imo. The missions are very focused in where you go, and if you're just driving around, you HAVE to pay attention to where you're going, because every intersection operates along the same bit of code:

onPlayerApproachesIntersection
check
} siren
Yes - LetPlayerThrough.
No - SpawnCarToGetInPlayerWay.

If
}PlayerDodgesCar
Next Intersection
SpawnFiveCarsToGetInPlayersWayWhileIgnoringAllLawsOfTraffic

Creston

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 16:05 nin

Yeah, you can. If you go to to CASES in the main menu, you can "Patrol the Streets of LA" and do all that stuff.

Ah, excellent, thank you. I'm having problems finding stuff around town and decided to just concentrate on cases and street crimes for now.

Btw, what's a movie reel? I have still yet to find a single one of these things. Is it just a TC8 spool lying around somewhere, or is it an actual projector that plays a small film of some kind?

That's an excellent question, as I've not found one yet.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 15:49 Creston

nin wrote on May 23, 2011, 11:38:
I hit disc 2 over the weekend, and think I'm about halfway through, story wise.

Since you've finished the main game, I'll ask: You can still drive around and do street crimes and find cars/badges/movie reels, correct? I can't imagine them not doing this, but I'd hate to get to the end and find out that's not the case.

Thanks!

Yeah, you can. If you go to to CASES in the main menu, you can "Patrol the Streets of LA" and do all that stuff. I decided to just start over and play as the world's most mistrusting cop, since that was more funny. (I accuse everyone of lying about EVERYTHING. It's really funny. Too bad the game doesn't make the people you question get progressively more irritated by you. Hehe)

But you can do this, yes.

Edit : Btw, what's a movie reel? I have still yet to find a single one of these things. Is it just a TC8 spool lying around somewhere, or is it an actual projector that plays a small film of some kind?

Creston

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 15:20 nin

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2011, 14:52:
I still think this game is begging for some sort of cops and robbers free roam multiplayer

I suspect it had to do with the long development time (started in 2004?), and wanting to finally get it done.

I'd be very surprised if the sequel didn't have it.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 15:14 Tumbler

I still think this game is begging for some sort of cops and robbers free roam multiplayer

I'm really hoping Rockstar is planning something like this for DLC. Seems like it'd be the perfect add on for this game if you could build in the criminal side of this game so that a person could be the bad guy. (new character, not jumping into the shoes of someone already in the SP game)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 14:52 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 11:38 nin

I hit disc 2 over the weekend, and think I'm about halfway through, story wise.

Since you've finished the main game, I'll ask: You can still drive around and do street crimes and find cars/badges/movie reels, correct? I can't imagine them not doing this, but I'd hate to get to the end and find out that's not the case.

Thanks!

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 11:34 Creston

It's weird how different outfits keep calling the LA Noire patch either 1.00 or 1.01. My game is now at 1.01.

The patch has introduced freezing issues for me, fortunately not frequently enough to make it unplayable, but it's also fixed a case that ended like halfway where it should, with Cole making accusations that he didn't even know against a suspect and condemning the guy for it.

Finished it last night. It runs out of steam a little at the end (spoiler :I really didn't like that the "fix" for the Suburban Development Fund scam is to just go in and shoot everybody. What happened to building a case and taking the assholes to court?) but it was still a really, REALLY awesome game. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Rockstar is still delivering the goods.

Now it'd be nice if Sony got their shit together and got the PS Store back online, so I can download my extra cases, dammit.

/Will definitely buy DLC with more cases.

Creston

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo