Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues

The New Vegas DLC Issues section on the Bethesda Softworks Forums has many reports of problems with the new Honest Hearts DLC for Fallout New Vegas, Obsidian's action/RPG sequel. Some users are experiencing crashes, and others are still struggling with issues stemming from previously reported bugs in the E-DE, My Love side quest from the original game. An update to the Bethesda Blog from Nick, one of the blog's maintainers, explains they are working on addressing these issues: "Frank — we are aware of the issue and are working on a fix for the next patch. That said, if you already have a save game where the bug is occurring, the fix will not apply and you’ll need to revert to an earlier save prior to ED-E leaving in order to play through Honest Hearts." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 21, 2011, 09:32 Beamer

3 topics in a row I entirely agree with Jerykk.

I never finished NV. After a while I just got kind of tired of it. I think that was, in part, because I felt I had been close to the end after slaughtering a few major characters including the entire Legion town, and in larger part because I spent about two frustrarting hours trying to get the girl with the iron fist to acknowledge any of the places I took her but she was bugged and I couldn't start her quest (I was really trying to carefully balance the NPCs I used where and when and found that very unsatisfying, combine that with the bug [the only bug I found] and the fun just quickly drained.)

That was more a function of my compulsion than anything, as well as the frustrating 1 NPC at a time limit. Overall I found it to be an incredibly fun game with almost an overwhelming myriad of choices. Sure, many weren't overly meaningful, but they were there. Fallout 3 really had only a handful of choices other than what to do when (which was the sole choice of Oblivion.)

The conversations you could have with Caeser alone were better than most of Fallout 3, which isn't a knock against Fallout 3 as I had an insanely fun time with that game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 21, 2011, 01:39 Jerykk

Fallout 3 had better dungeons. New Vegas is better in pretty much every other regard. The quests are much, much more open-ended and the writing is much more mature. Almost every location has a real sense of place within the game world and a real sense of history. Conversely, in FO3, most of the locations had nothing to do with each other and revolved around silly gimmicks (kids in a cave, town built around a nuclear bomb, fancy hotel that somehow avoided being taken over by raiders even though it's the only building in the area, polite cannibal town, etc). The locations in FNV may initially seem more mundane than FO3's but you come to appreciate them more as you explore and learn more of the lore. Simply put, the world and characters of FNV are far more believable than those of FO3.  

12. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 21:45 Mashiki Amiketo

Bucky wrote on May 20, 2011, 20:14:
Out of curiosity, which one do you all think is the better game?
Both have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. I enjoyed both, trying to compare them? It's like trying to compare red delicious and mutsu. Both are apples, both are tasty and delicious. And you can never go wrong with either of them.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 21:18 Acleacius

Iirc they already had the design document for Vegas, as it was both left out of Fallout 2 and the original Top Down Fallout 3 (Jefferson). This helped them with the short development time compared the the 4 or so years and budget Bethesda's Fallout 3 got.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 20:14 Bucky

I played through Fallout 3 once a while ago, and don't remember much of it. I've just cracked open Fallout: New Vegas in the last couple of days.

Out of curiosity, which one do you all think is the better game?

9. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 19:19 Vulkan

The problem with depicting Vegas as having been struck by a nuclear holocaust is that it already looks like it went through a nuclear holocaust.  

8. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 18:18 eRe4s3r

And here i was thinking to be the only one who found the "new vegas" location an extremely daft choice. There just isn't a whole lot to do in the desert, except sand, rocks, caves and whatever remains vegas has.

Fallout 3 could just have easily moved to Canada, or maybe even China or Europe.

7. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 17:45 Darks

Flatline wrote on May 20, 2011, 17:03:
Capitan wrote on May 20, 2011, 16:54:
Tbh I think Fallout 3 is far more funnier and more imaginative than Fallout New Vegas is. The maps are better made, with their habitat and hollow things where things were hidden. Bethesda Softworks clearly managed better than Obsidian Entertainment did with that. And regards all bugs - Fallout New Vegas has just been a big problem for me. Game crash without any reason, even when I uppdated it with patches

*cough*subway maps*cough*

I would have to agree, I loved that aspect of the original Fall out 3. All the underground exploring was fun as hell. There is very little of that in Vegas. I would have preferred they make A Fallout LA or Even Better New York. At least we would get a lot more underground subways and such. Plus there is a lack of Military bases to find and explore. Vegas left me feeling flat.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

6. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 17:03 Flatline

Capitan wrote on May 20, 2011, 16:54:
Tbh I think Fallout 3 is far more funnier and more imaginative than Fallout New Vegas is. The maps are better made, with their habitat and hollow things where things were hidden. Bethesda Softworks clearly managed better than Obsidian Entertainment did with that. And regards all bugs - Fallout New Vegas has just been a big problem for me. Game crash without any reason, even when I uppdated it with patches

*cough*subway maps*cough*

5. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 16:54 Capitan

4. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 15:24 J

Techie714 © wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:10:
I so love this game but it really frustrates me all the bugs it has. I've been pretty lucky with only a few crashes here & there. But the game really is simply amazing buggy!

FTFY

3. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 14:10 Techie714 ©

I so love this game but it really frustrates me all the bugs it has. I've been pretty lucky with only a few crashes here & there. But the game really is simply amazing!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 13:26 StingingVelvet

So what is the real issue? No one is giving details. What stage of the ED-E quest is bugging Honest Hearts? One of my characters completed the quest and I believe the other never even started it.  

1. Re: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts Issues May 20, 2011, 13:25 Parallax Abstraction

Bethesda bugs are Bethesda.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo