Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm waiting on the honey-do men this morning, as MrsBlue found the handymen to look at the gutter problems we've been having. There's a tree growing into one corner of the gutters, and even worse, one of the downspouts has separated, and is gushing water. It's fairly shocking that we haven't had a basement flood with the gutters in that shape and all the rain we've been having lately, so we're lucky this hasn't been a huge problem already.

Rainy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: PSN Protector.
Waterslide Inferno.
Death Worm. Thanks Daniel.
Links: Toilet Paper: How America Convinced the World to Wipe.
Science: Mammals' brains got bigger to handle sense of smell.
Fake Science - Stages of Sleep.
Media: Mortal Kombat Pervert.
Pendulum Wave Done With Black Light.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2011, 11:10 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 21, 2011, 03:41:
It has been in 3 stories in the last 3 days. I heard it non stop in multiplayer during Portal 2. It is also the mod version of some games now. It is now the preorder name of new games. It is stupid. It needs to stop.

Actually, shortly after I typed that, I saw a Miller Lite commercial on Hulu with some blondes saying it every other word. It was clearly intended to be annoying and it definitely was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2011, 03:41 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on May 20, 2011, 21:42:
Pigeon wrote on May 20, 2011, 19:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2011, 18:11:
WTF is going on with the word "epic"? It is everywhere. Is it some sort of internet thing that I missed? Holy cripes is it annoying! Did the idiots on Glee say the word or something? I guess I would be super upset if the world wasn't going to end in an hour or so....

Its been a popular internet word for years now, I'd say it's used tongue in cheek, but I think the days of it being something clever are long gone. Its just a tired beaten horse, which is probably why I've heard the media and entertainment industry using it now. Nothing they like more than taking something that's become completely banal, and then driving it into the ground some more.

It's just a word... Why do people say amazing, awesome, great, or excellent.

"I'm sick of everyone saying awesome! Does that really inspire awe, are you awed by that?!"

My personal overused phrase is "pretty fucking ridiculous". Use it for both good and bad things.

It has been in 3 stories in the last 3 days. I heard it non stop in multiplayer during Portal 2. It is also the mod version of some games now. It is now the preorder name of new games. It is stupid. It needs to stop.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Rapture May 21, 2011, 01:10 Kxmode

Blue wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:34:
Quboid wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:33:
I feel that the billboards just show how profitable this can be.

They're missing out on my cash. I'd gladly buy a lousy t-shirt that says "I came for the rapture but all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Rap Sure? The concert-in-the-park series by unknown acts?

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 22:24 Hoop

mag wrote on May 20, 2011, 22:05:
Also, Hoop doesn't know how to use the three seashells.

The three seashells?
I'm guessing poop, scoop & gag?

Um .. Behind you...

17. Re: re -Toilet Paper May 20, 2011, 22:17 Hoop

"Sepharo"May 20, 2011, 21:36
Corncobs were pretty standard for ass wiping. I know that my grandparents used them growing up, and the phone book until it runs out of pages.

Really?
Was it a patriotic thing back then for Mac Arthur?

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Missouri_Meerschaum

Um .. Behind you...

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 22:05 mag

The Macho Man died for our sins. Also, Hoop doesn't know how to use the three seashells.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 21:42 Sepharo

Pigeon wrote on May 20, 2011, 19:00:
WTF is going on with the word "epic"? It is everywhere. Is it some sort of internet thing that I missed? Holy cripes is it annoying! Did the idiots on Glee say the word or something? I guess I would be super upset if the world wasn't going to end in an hour or so....

Its been a popular internet word for years now, I'd say it's used tongue in cheek, but I think the days of it being something clever are long gone. Its just a tired beaten horse, which is probably why I've heard the media and entertainment industry using it now. Nothing they like more than taking something that's become completely banal, and then driving it into the ground some more.

It's just a word... Why do people say amazing, awesome, great, or excellent.

"I'm sick of everyone saying awesome! Does that really inspire awe, are you awed by that?!"

My personal overused phrase is "pretty fucking ridiculous". Use it for both good and bad things.

14. Re: re -Toilet Paper May 20, 2011, 21:36 Sepharo

Hoop wrote on May 20, 2011, 18:50:
"Since the dawn of time, people have found nifty ways to clean up after the bathroom act. The most common solution was simply to grab what was at hand: coconuts, shells, snow, moss, hay, leaves, grass, corncobs, sheep’s wool"
Corncobs!
Who the fark is thinking ... clean my arse? clean my arse?.....Corncob!
Shells for that matter or coconut.
I think this article says more about the author than the subject.

Corncobs were pretty standard for ass wiping. I know that my grandparents used them growing up, and the phone book until it runs out of pages.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 19:00 Pigeon

12. re -Toilet Paper May 20, 2011, 18:50 Hoop

"Since the dawn of time, people have found nifty ways to clean up after the bathroom act. The most common solution was simply to grab what was at hand: coconuts, shells, snow, moss, hay, leaves, grass, corncobs, sheep’s wool"
Corncobs!
Who the fark is thinking ... clean my arse? clean my arse?.....Corncob!
Shells for that matter or coconut.
I think this article says more about the author than the subject.

Um .. Behind you...

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 18:11 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 18:10 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:34:

They're missing out on my cash. I'd gladly buy a lousy t-shirt that says "I came for the rapture but all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

I would buy multiple Bluesnews t-shirts.......

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 16:22 Cutter

Woops double post.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2011, 16:34.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2011, 16:18 Cutter

Holy shit maybe the rapture really is at hand!!!

Randy Savage is dead!!!.

Bleh! I was never that much into wrestling but I always loved the Macho Man! Stupid rapture may as well come tomorrow in that case, there's naught worth living for anymore.

Edit: My buddy sez..." &#8206;"Macho Man didn't die, he killed himself to go talk some sense into God about this whole Judgment Day thing. And by "talk some sense" I mean "drop some elbows."

PPS: If Judgement Day is waved off tomorrow it will be because of Randy. So he will be our new Chuck Norris!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 16:13 Cutter

Quboid wrote on May 20, 2011, 13:39:
So, it's the start of the rapture tomorrow. How are people holding up?

Well, I wasn't expecting a sort of Spanish Inquisition.

Heh, I almost though of renting a trumpet and running around blowing it long and lound all over town to freak people out thinking Gabriel was sounding the rapture. Haha!

6. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 14:34  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 14:33 Quboid

- Quboid

4. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 14:29 nin

I'm feeling pretty good. Gonna get my drink on tonight and play some more LA Noire.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 14:22 kanniballl

Well there's enough rain for it, that's for sure. I think I saw an Ark float by.

What surprised me though was, I actually saw a Billboard about this yesterday when I had to drive to a nearby city.

A billboard. About the end of days on 21-May.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Rapture May 20, 2011, 13:39 Quboid

- Quboid

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo