Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Valve E3 Announcements

Valve sent out a note today explaining that there is no need for media outlets to pursue E3 appointments this year, as they are not showing any titles at this year's show. This could be some sort of feint, but it seems like they have nothing to announce or show at this time.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 13:28 Tanto Edge

Bah..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 10:17 Prez

I refuse to believe that Valve has given up on the Half-Life franchise, even though that's the way it seems more and more as time goes by. It's like they don't even want to acknowledge that the property ever existed. Am I impatient? Hell yeah! I LOVE Half-Life. Be it HL2 EP 3 Vol. 1, or Half-Life 3, all I want is an indication that someone somewhere at Valve recognizes that not everyone wants to play social games with GladOs or get 78 new hats for their Pyro.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 07:56 Riker

UConnBBall wrote on May 19, 2011, 01:50:
If they reveal HL3 before Episode 3 the internets will melt and burn. I can see it now Episode 3 = HL3 a quote by Gabe.

No, the babies might cry more, but there's no rational reason anyone else will have a problem with it. Valve has said they're done with episodes, and there's no way they've been working for years one. Anyone who thinks Valve is done with the Half-Life story is a lunatic.

15. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 07:31 Dades

Dev wrote on May 18, 2011, 23:17:
aka, not working on Ep3 since its not interesting to valve.

Yeah all of the people responsible for Halflife games are just sitting around making TF2 hats Rolleyes You seem to want this to be true and don't bother denying it, you cling to every vague press quote with the glee of a malicious child.

14. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 06:19 The Half Elf

This is the announcement notifying you that there will be no E3 Announcements.

Move along, move along.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 03:50 entr0py

I bet we'll see something out of them this year, Valve is just smart enough not to show games before they're ready for prime time. At this point they're the leading PC developer, with the possible exception of Blizzard, so they really don't need E3 for publicity.  

12. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 03:25 finga

UConnBBall wrote on May 19, 2011, 01:50:
If they reveal HL3 before Episode 3 the internets will melt and burn. I can see it now Episode 3 = HL3 a quote by Gabe.
Nobody will care what they call it. "New Half Life" is all people want, and they won't give a damn what it's called.

11. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 03:24 finga

Riker wrote on May 19, 2011, 01:18:
I'm betting squarely on a feint. My spidey-sense has been telling me for a long time that Half-Life 3's reveal isn't very far away.
If it is, it won't be at E3.

10. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 03:13 hoolaparara

mag wrote on May 19, 2011, 00:05:
Didn't they just say that they had abandoned the episodic model, like last week?

But you guys are crazy if you don't think they're working HL3, at least somewhere in the background. They sat on HL2 for a looong time before they announced it. Just settle down and relax. It'll happen. Too much money to be made for it to not.

Besides, Half-Life's boring.

Yeah but I'm not sure working on a beard store for gordo is quite what people are thinking of.

9. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 02:28 Drayth

What was that news article late last year that said Valve would have like 3(?) major announcements in the next year? Don't tell me Steam on PS3 and you can make youtube videos with Steam, or whatever they have going were 2 of those announcements?!  

8. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 01:50 UConnBBall

7. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 01:18 Riker

I'm betting squarely on a feint. My spidey-sense has been telling me for a long time that Half-Life 3's reveal isn't very far away.

P.S. Looks like the whiners are out in full force... give it a rest, babies.

6. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 00:17 El Pit

What? No new hats for TF3? New mutations for L4D(2)? What's going on @ Valve?

No, really, they're definitely working on the next L4D. They actually release L4D games about as fast as H-L episodes. Which is kind of funny.

I am afraid Valve of the old times is gone for good.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

5. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 00:12 Zardoz5

I can see it already, a L4D 3 teaser or trailer at Sony's E3 show since they are so buddy-buddy with Sony now. "Coming Fall 2011..." They should make a Gabe-based special.  

4. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 00:05 mag

Didn't they just say that they had abandoned the episodic model, like last week?

But you guys are crazy if you don't think they're working HL3, at least somewhere in the background. They sat on HL2 for a looong time before they announced it. Just settle down and relax. It'll happen. Too much money to be made for it to not.

Besides, Half-Life's boring.

3. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 00:02 Grifter

I have been saying this for more than a year and I will say it again

HL2 eps 3 = vaporware

2. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 18, 2011, 23:26 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on May 18, 2011, 23:17:

Yea, which sucks. I would really like to see more HL....

I am sure they are to busy counting stacks of money.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 18, 2011, 23:17 Dev

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo