Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought

The Official CnC Twitter Feed solicits suggestions for future games in the Command & Conquer series of real-time strategy games. Word is: "Tell us your idea on how to improve future cnc games. Maybe it will be your idea, which changes everything!" They point the way to A Community Developer Area in the C&C Forums as where to offer your thoughts. Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 19, 2011, 20:23 Ant

No DRM, no C&C4 rules, etc. Stick with old style!

How about C&C:Renegade 2?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 19, 2011, 10:18 Krakum

This...

Generals & Zero Hour were the highlights to me - I didn't toy with the single player much, but the multiplayer is still some of the best fun (minus the optimization) I've had in the series.

29. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 19, 2011, 04:30 InBlack

My suggestion? Let it die. The cow is dead. Its been milked to death. FFS just show some mercy and let it die....  

I have a nifty blue line!

28. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 23:58 pcrequired

Tiberium Sun Wars with Michael Biehn, death from above.

or How about Dark Reign 3?

27. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 23:39 swaaye

Rhett wrote on May 18, 2011, 17:22:
Give it back to Westwood/Petroglyph.

I added my two cents...
Westwood no longer exists and few of the C&C people work at Petro. But hey Frank Klepacki is there and maybe that's all that matters?

26. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 20:28 Prez

My only suggestion is never destroy another C&C game with asinine always-online DRM disguised as a "feature".  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 19:06 wolve

Tranceport wrote on May 18, 2011, 14:05:
Generals 2......

Hell yeah, I'm all for that!

24. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 18:18 Flatline

JohnBirshire wrote on May 18, 2011, 17:11:
you don't mean to say like chess, where both sides, black and white, have the exact same pieces, and tend to do the same things? oh gawd!

Wait...what? Seriously? Are you literally justifying a strategy game in which every player in a tournament uses the exact same build order and builds the exact same units? There is no sense in even trying to argue with an incompetent moron, so you win. Using your logic we'd be watching Starcraft players all use the same exact race, build order, and mass the same two units. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, just like watching competitive Command and Conquer 3.

Need I say the words "zerg rush"?

23. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 17:36 Ginny

C&C/Redalert HD remake.

Make cash at a 10$ price point steam/psn/xbla

everybody loves the series again, take cash, build renegade/generals hybrid fps/rts, milk the sequel.

22. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 17:25 Creston

MattyC wrote on May 18, 2011, 16:22:

Blasphemy! Kane lives!

And this is exactly why C&C has seen its final hour. Look, Kane was an amazing antagonist, and he was fun for the first few games. But it's been beaten to death by now. The world's already been overrun by Tiberium, and by shitty Aliens, and Kane's died four times already, and it's just getting boring.

Creston

21. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 17:22 Rhett

Give it back to Westwood/Petroglyph.

I added my two cents...

20. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 17:11 JohnBirshire

you don't mean to say like chess, where both sides, black and white, have the exact same pieces, and tend to do the same things? oh gawd!

Wait...what? Seriously? Are you literally justifying a strategy game in which every player in a tournament uses the exact same build order and builds the exact same units? There is no sense in even trying to argue with an incompetent moron, so you win. Using your logic we'd be watching Starcraft players all use the same exact race, build order, and mass the same two units. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, just like watching competitive Command and Conquer 3.

19. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 16:47 Optional nickname

JohnBirshire wrote on May 18, 2011, 16:23:
I remember watching a Command and Conquer tournament, actually sponsored by the developer I believe, in which every.single.player was doing the exact.same.thing. Strategy game? Pffttt, please.

18. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:31 Jerykk

Tranceport wrote on May 18, 2011, 14:05:
Generals 2......

+1

17. I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 16:23 JohnBirshire

I remember watching a Command and Conquer tournament, actually sponsored by the developer I believe, in which every.single.player was doing the exact.same.thing. Strategy game? Pffttt, please.  

16. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:22 MattyC

Creston wrote on May 18, 2011, 16:15:
1) Stop milking it
2) Make a new universe
3) Do away with shitty FMV

Am I hired? I'll work for 80 grand a year. I can start Monday.

Creston

Blasphemy! Kane lives!

As for suggestions, make sure that you actually build bases this time around. CRAZY idea for a C&C game, I know.

15. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:15 Creston

1) Stop milking it
2) Make a new universe
3) Do away with shitty FMV

Am I hired? I'll work for 80 grand a year. I can start Monday.

Creston

14. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:10 Shineyguy

Kajetan wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:21:
Disband the crap gameplay ideas found in C&C4. Just make a simple C&C RTS. The traditional formula. Thats all the fans want. And btw. ... finish Tiberium or make another shooter like Renegade.

Yeah, and dont make yearly sequels. Make one C&C game a few years. That may be not enough for your greedy investors, but it will be healthy in the long term for the franchise.

Now, where is my money?

This, verbatim.

I loved the C&C games of old. Once they started getting into the "new formula" it put me off on the games.

Allow me to build a stonking big base, crank out tons of units, and roll over my opponents... And yes, those cheesy cutscenes were what made the games as well, we need those back!

13. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:09 kanniballl

Darks wrote on May 18, 2011, 16:06:
They really need to license the Flow Tech engine license from Gas Powered Games and make really large maps where you can feel like you’re in larger than life battles.

My only problem with that game was that sometimes I would just zoom way way out and macro-manage everything. And would only have to zoom in if it looked like I was getting creamed on one of the fronts.

Meanwhile you have the beautiful engine, but all you're seeing is red dots on a map.

But I agree, being stuck in a zoomed-in view has killed RTS for me. I'm not playing Diablo, I'm playing an RTS. Let me zoom out more.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

12. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:06 Darks

They really need to license the Flow Tech engine license from Gas Powered Games and make really large maps where you can feel like you’re in larger than life battles. That small ass crap they use for maps now is so old school that it’s a big turn off to play their games. They really need to think outside the box and go for a much larger world like Sup Com. And defiantly get rid of that constant online DRM.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo