Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 23:35 Dades

You played it once for a couple hours...how does that translate to you knowing how things change if play it through again?

Is that what they teach you kids in school these days about theories? We take scientific facts around here, you need to play through the game three times, showing us every possible outcome and document them all. Please attach a bibliography and reference chart too, thanks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 15:07 Krovven

I played a little better than two hours worth of it today before work, and based on that I'd say there's no real replay value unless it opens up considerably really soon.

You played it once for a couple hours...how does that translate to you knowing how things change if play it through again?

I referred to the 14 minute video that proves that events change depending how you play the game. So you want to argue, go do it somewhere else.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 11:32 Creston

I got two DLCs in my Amazon copy. Can't redeem them, of course, because the Playstation Store is still down, but oh well.

Really enjoying it so far. The detective work is actually quite fun (if a little formulaic), though I wish it allowed for a little more intuition on MY part rather than me having to find the clue that tells me "This is what happened."

Yes, I knew that already. But you wouldn't let me act on my suspicions.

The driving is just plain off. These are 1940s cars, yet they handle like the fucking Ariel Atom. It's ridiculous the way the damn things zip all over the road at the slightest touch of the stick. I'd have enjoyed a little more drag and lag in the controls there. I rack up several thousands bucks worth of fines during a mission.

Also, why has no Rockstar game ever figured out that TRAFFIC THAT GOES STRAIGHT HAS RIGHT OF WAY OVER TRAFFIC THAT TURNS, FUCKING DAMMIT!

Ahem.

The interviews wobble between great and annoying to me. Most of my frustration seems to stem from the fact that Doubt usually never really does what I think it should do. Someone is obviously lying to me, but I don't have a clear cut piece of evidence that would catch them in that lie. So how come Doubt isn't then the right option to select?

Case in point : (Secret text to avoid spoilers) Frank Morgan tells me he has no idea where Adrian is, which is a blatant lie. Even my dumb-as-shit partner knows it's a lie. But I have no EVIDENCE that Frank does know where Adrian is, so I can't accuse him. So I choose "doubt." twice in the conversations. Yeah, apparently that was wrong, because apparently doubt in this game is sort of a "I have no clue what I'm doing, so feel free to ignore my line of questioning, as I'm only a police officer, after all."

My biggest beef so far is the Intuition points. You can only have 5 of them stored up. So then I earned another one, and yeah, that's just fucking gone, which pissed me off, because they DO really help, especially in the crime scenes.

But all in all, I'm really having a great time with it.

Creston

18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 09:09 nin

Sepharo wrote on May 18, 2011, 01:17:
I bought mine at Walmart and inside the box were 2 DLC mission codes. Did everyone's come with that?

Lamestops was a single code, and a small clear envelope that contained what appears to be some film (or slides, haven't opened it), like what you'd see from a projector...I'm assuming they're used to help find the badges around town that's apart of the DLC.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 01:17 Sepharo

I bought mine at Walmart and inside the box were 2 DLC mission codes. Did everyone's come with that?  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 00:25 Halo

Some times people like a game enough to play it multiple times.  

15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 22:58 ASJD

PHJF wrote on May 17, 2011, 19:05:
It's a narrative-driven conversation game with a static plot. How exactly does that translate into replayable? I loved SCUMM as much as the next guy but I don't go through Hit the Road anymore.

It's not static, it's more like Maniac Mansion. There are limited conclusions but many roundabout ways to get to there.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 22:11 nin

I'll wait a year or so. If still not out or announced, I'll borrow it from a friend or use a free rent coupon.

If you wait that long, there's also a chance of a GOTY edition with all the DLC bundled. And they've said they left two desks work of content on the floor, and they're debating if they're going to go back and finish it or not (and based on the reviews so far and how it's been received, I'm betting they will).

edit: I got the lamestop DLC, and that was like a 800 meg download, so I'm sure, combined with all the other vendor exclusive stuff (several different places each had their own exclusive case), they could easily add another disc on content.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 21:46 Bumpy

Fion wrote on May 17, 2011, 12:55:
PC version please!

I'll wait a year or so. If still not out or announced, I'll borrow it from a friend or use a free rent coupon. Trying to not support consoles as much as possible when they don't support PC.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 19:05 PHJF

It's a narrative-driven conversation game with a static plot. How exactly does that translate into replayable? I loved SCUMM as much as the next guy but I don't go through Hit the Road anymore.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 18:44 PropheT

Krovven wrote on May 17, 2011, 17:56:
The game actually appears to be quite replayable.

I played a little better than two hours worth of it today before work, and based on that I'd say there's no real replay value unless it opens up considerably really soon.

It's a beautiful game, it's interesting, and I love what they're trying to do with it... just not entirely sure they really succeeded. Interviews are a big part of investigating and they're just frustrating rather than challenging from what I've seen.

I'm a little stumped why there's nothing that allows you to ask another question to try and narrow down an answer instead of just pick a topic, watch the response, then decide if they were lying or not as if the characters in game were human enough to actually do that (they aren't, despite what the marketing says).

10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 17:56 Krovven

PHJF wrote on May 17, 2011, 15:59:
...but for something with absolutely no replay value whatsoever I'm not dropping $60, no sir.

uhhm, watch the 14 minute gameplay video on Kotaku, link is in last night Consolidation section.

The game actually appears to be quite replayable.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 15:59 PHJF

I'll pick up Noire when it hits $40 I guess. Like Heavy Rain it may very well be perfect at what it does... but for something with absolutely no replay value whatsoever I'm not dropping $60, no sir. Didn't do it for Heavy Rain, won't do it now.

Plus I'm getting ready to spring for Witcher 2, depending on the next few days' word-o-mouth.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 14:22 Halo

I swear to some ones god if I have to read one more person bitch that it's not GTA 1947... How long did these people have to read about the focus of this game? How long have we known it's not R* making the game but Team Bondi?  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 14:06 WyldKat

UPS guy just came and I'm still waking up, it is a pity though there wasn't a PC LA Noire release.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 13:59 nin

nin, I just have to tell you this is the best game ever...

I already knew that...

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 12:55 Fion

PC version please!  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 12:51 Dirwulf

My Xbox RROD'd about 3 weeks ago. Its coming back from Texas today. Gamefly will be delivering the game to me this afternoon, that I got through the extended 14 day free trial. Its all coming together so nicely.

I found a 14 minute playthrough yesterday and started to watch it. I turned it off after about 30 seconds. I'm avoiding reading reviews(I already know its going to be awesome). I want to play the game with fresh, unspoiled eyes, so everything is "WOW" to me. Just a few more hours...

This comment was edited on May 17, 2011, 12:56.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 12:27 The Half Elf

nin, I just have to tell you this is the best game ever... you know that game you thought was best game ever? Well it's not the best game ever, cause this is the best game EVER, no really I mean it, it's the best thing since the best thing ever, and it's sad you cannot enjoy the best game ever, no really, very sad.

*pokes nin a few more times with a salt covered spork*

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 11:43 Creston

nin wrote on May 17, 2011, 11:38:
Rockstar Games Announces L.A. Noire Now Available for PlayStation3 and Xbox 360.

Yesssssss! My years of waiting have paid off!

Now where is that UPS guy???????

He's taking the long route to your house, nin. He's doing some sightseeing on the way as well.

Creston

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo