Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer

A new trailer from Operation Flashpoint: Red River offers a biography of Corporal Jose Soto, a scout/sniper in Codemasters' upcoming military shooter sequel. The clip introduces the corporal's back story, explains the art of being a sniper, and shows off his sharpshooting skills. Here's the embedded version.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 20:07 gilly775

SpectralMeat wrote on May 17, 2011, 10:53:
gilly775 wrote on May 17, 2011, 08:30:
a scout/sniper in Codemasters' upcoming military shooter sequel

Upcoming? It's already out!!!!

No it is not out until June in North America.

Well, if it's not out, then why are there a bunch of reviews already? Is it out in Europe?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 10:55 SpectralMeat

Coop with friends is where this game really shines.

Yep and that was mentioned in pretty much all the reviews. If you play coop the game is awesome, the SP is god awful though.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 10:53 SpectralMeat

gilly775 wrote on May 17, 2011, 08:30:

No it is not out until June in North America.

9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 10:51 gilly775

Darks wrote on May 17, 2011, 10:28:
Techie714 © wrote on May 16, 2011, 22:22:
Awesome narrative, shity game.......

Sorry Techie, but anything coming from you about this game in general we have to take with a grain of salt and doubt you on. Youíre too much of an ARMA fan to listen too. And the game isnít that bad at all, screw the AI commanding around. The AI you use do suck ass, but playing the game Coop with friends is where this game really shines.

Agreed. I like both Arma and OPFP games. ArmA is overall better, but I have had a blast playing with my cousin (who is serving in Afghanistan now) through some coop in Dragon Rising. Can't wait when he gets back to do some coop in Red River.

8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 10:28 Darks

Techie714 © wrote on May 16, 2011, 22:22:

Sorry Techie, but anything coming from you about this game in general we have to take with a grain of salt and doubt you on. Youíre too much of an ARMA fan to listen too. And the game isnít that bad at all, screw the AI commanding around. The AI you use do suck ass, but playing the game Coop with friends is where this game really shines.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. hmmmm May 17, 2011, 08:52 Shataan

it`d be nice if devs used marketing for a decent game. Everything I have seen for RR so far blows. Take the above vid. Ya call that a sniper scope? The guy might as well be using iron sights. Sniper scopes allow for a greater image magnification than what is shown in the vid. Ya might as well grab an M16 and get close enough to insert the rounds manually.

The mocap in some areas is nice, but crap in others. Specificly how the A.I. moves when you move forward. Codey needs some good A.I. coders for sure.

I was looking forward to this 1, but my Gods it does look even worse than DR. Now it is a long wait for BF 3.

6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 08:30 gilly775

5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 08:08 SpectralMeat

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:25:
Yeah, is this game really that bad?

From what I can see it looks pretty good. This is coming from someone who loved the original OP:F

(PS. yes I know ARMA is the spiritual successor)

Some friends who play this already from EU said this is worst than the first game was. I also liked Dragon Rising. Wasn't the best game I've ever played but it wasn't too bad.

This one here I am not too sure about.

4. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 17, 2011, 00:10 bfg9000

Just what online gaming needs more of, snipers  

3. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 16, 2011, 23:47 maddog

Yes, it's really that bad. Pick up the Ghost Recon complete edition pack from Steam and get TONS more fun tactical gameplay.

Fire up GRAW2 and download any of the downloadable maps and get your coop fix with some buddies.

It's easier to command troops in the 2008 GRAW2 than it is in this game. How does a tactical game in 2011 not have LEAN ??

MD

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:25:

From what I can see it looks pretty good. This is coming from someone who loved the original OP:F

2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 16, 2011, 23:25 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer May 16, 2011, 22:22 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo