Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No

Casey Hudson tweets about the inclusion of potential gay love interests in Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming RPG sequel: "Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game" (thanks Joystiq via GayGamer). On a semi-related note, a recent post on Eurogamer has word that a "gay robot" sidekick (Claptrap?) was dropped from plans for Duke Nukem Forever, though this character could still appear in a future title. The idea was "to explore how Duke would relate to a peer that might have a different sexual orientation," says Randy Pitchford. The Gearbox boss offers a spoiler while attempting to avoid spoilers: "I don't want to spoil it because we might go there. Ultimately the robot was in a situation where for an order for victory against the aliens to be accomplished, the robot's inner workings – a nuclear generator – had to be sacrificed" (thanks Kotaku via GayGamer).

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

105. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 19, 2011, 14:39 Overon

Punisher wrote on May 18, 2011, 22:49:
BTW, I have to admire the courage of all of you who have come out in this thread...
You can't even imagine the idea that heterosexuals would defend homosexuals and their rights, that is why you think people who defend them are "coming out." Unbelievable.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2011, 23:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 19, 2011, 10:22 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on May 17, 2011, 00:32:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:16:
BUT BUT BUT!!! WHAT ABOUT THE TRANNYS?!@?!?!?!

Pre-Op, or Post-Op?

giggity.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

103. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 22:49 JediPunisher

Draugr wrote on May 18, 2011, 17:08:
But the majority here clearly disagrees with you, despite the majority of users living in anonymity.

That's why we're called the silent majority.
BTW, I have to admire the courage of all of you who have come out in this thread...

102. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 22:28 Overon

Bhruic wrote on May 18, 2011, 19:46:
I really don't understand the drama over this. I have yet to read an article stating that Bioware is going to be forcing anyone to have a homosexual relationship. If such a relationship bothers you, offends you, sickens you, or whatever, just don't choose to have one. Problem solved.

For the rest of us, it gives us more options in a game genre that is all about personal choices. So it seems like a win-win.

Unless you are just looking for something to bitch about.
Or you are an ignorant bigot and evidence and reason cannot reach you.

101. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 19:46 Bhruic

I really don't understand the drama over this. I have yet to read an article stating that Bioware is going to be forcing anyone to have a homosexual relationship. If such a relationship bothers you, offends you, sickens you, or whatever, just don't choose to have one. Problem solved.

For the rest of us, it gives us more options in a game genre that is all about personal choices. So it seems like a win-win.

Unless you are just looking for something to bitch about.

100. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 17:13 Beamer

Also, if you see homosexuality as a perversion similar to bestiality or S&M, you are a homophobe. There's no getting around it.

And if you see S&M as comparable to bestiality you're just out of your gourd. If your wife ties you to the bedpost from time to time it's the same as putting peanut butter on your hot dog bun?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

99. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 17:08 Draugr

Punisher wrote on May 18, 2011, 14:15:
In today’s politically correct society most heterosexuals are afraid to offer their honest opinion without being branded a homophobe.
The truth is, most straight men, even those who have gay friends or family, are physically sickened by the thought of gay sex. We see it as a perversion similar to bestiality or S&M. Personally, I have no problem with it unless it is in my face, whether that be on TV, videogames, or in those raunchy gay pride parades (many of whom would be arrested if they were straight). BTW, I used to live near San Francisco, and you’d be surprised how many closet conservatives there are there.

Based off your assumption, we can just write off any heterosexuals opinion in favor of gay rights since the you've decided the only reason they say as much is fear and intimidation. It must be so comforting to know that the majority secretly agrees with you. Any protesting to the contrary must be the gays intimidating them! It couldn't be because they think civil rights issues should be addressed, absolutely not!

The internet proves a great testing ground. If you were correct then most heterosexuals on this forum and on the internet, for that matter, would be agreeing with you, as it's essentially anonymous and they would feel no intimidation from speaking their true opinion, as they cannot be identified beyond the forum (as a general rule.) But the majority here clearly disagrees with you, despite the majority of users living in anonymity.

I'm not saying people don't exist who say the opposite of how they feel about something just because they fear they will be socially ostracized, but to count them among the majority I would consider a mistake. I think the internet helps prove this with its anonymity.

98. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 16:44 Overon

In today’s politically correct society most heterosexuals are afraid to offer their honest opinion without being branded a homophobe.
The truth is, most straight men, even those who have gay friends or family, are physically sickened by the thought of gay sex. We see it as a perversion similar to bestiality or S&M. Personally, I have no problem with it unless it is in my face, whether that be on TV, videogames, or in those raunchy gay pride parades (many of whom would be arrested if they were straight). BTW, I used to live near San Francisco, and you’d be surprised how many closet conservatives there are there.

You don't understand. Just because you find something disgusting or the majority of people do, does not mean that it should be outlawed or hindered or whatever. Just because I find your opinion disgusting and ignorant does not mean that you should be barred from expressing it. You see how that's a two way street?

This comment was edited on May 18, 2011, 16:51.

97. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 16:36 Overon

Windsinger wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:23:
Sorry but "marriage" is between a man and a woman. Not two perverts. Guess next we will be seeing pedophiles parade for rights.

At any rate, not supporting Bioware anymore with my hard earned cash if they are going to cater to the lowest common denominator of society (though I admit there were reasons to ditch Bioware previously that have nothing to do with "gays").
Sex between two consenting adults is exactly like sex between an adult and child. Obviously. Great false equivocation you've got there.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2011, 16:50.

96. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 15:54 yuastnav

Luke wrote on May 18, 2011, 07:44:
yuastnav wrote on May 17, 2011, 18:19:
Luke wrote on May 17, 2011, 11:07:
yuastnav wrote on May 17, 2011, 06:49:
Luke, for the love of God please stop typing like a four-year-old.

[edit for clarification]
Grammar and ideology wise.

and here we have a follower . What do the other say , ahh i will follow them ...

What, do you expect me to form an opinion all on my own?
Come on, we both know how hard that is, that's why we're not doing it!!1!

you clearly can't simple as that

See? That makes the two of us. I knew you would understand.

[...]

So what? I'm asexual and additionally to that I am sickened by all sex, be it sex between two men, two women or a man and a women or what not. In today's oversexualised world I get at least the first one constantly shoved in my face. Even just the act of kissing is so disgusting to me because I find the exchange of saliva not very hygienic.
And you know what? That's fine! People can do whatever they want, people have the right to shove it in my face (not literally) and that's okay! That's normal, it's a part of most people's daily life.
And so are homosexual relationships. If Bioware decides to do something like that: more power to them! It's about time, actually.

Most people also forget that nature won't bend to man's will. And what's so bad about diversity anyway?

95. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 14:44 Beamer

The truth is, most straight men, even those who have gay friends or family, are physically sickened by the thought of gay sex.

I'm also physically sickened by the thought of eating lobster. They're giant sea cockroaches, for godssake. And then there's that whole business of the green stuff inside, or the females with their eggs. The whole thing is gross.

But I won't tell people they're not allowed to do it because I find it gross, I won't tell them that they're wrong, I won't try to pass laws regarding it and I won't not play a video game because you can eat lobster if you so choose.

I'm very intolerant of intolerance, and all the "eww, gay people" posting in this thread have seemed, well, not terribly bright.

-------------

94. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 14:15 JediPunisher

93. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 13:38 Beamer

You are the lowest common denominator of society.

Yes, sex between two consenting adults is very equatable to sex between an adult and a child... moron.

-------------

92. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 13:23 Windsinger

Sorry but "marriage" is between a man and a woman. Not two perverts. Guess next we will be seeing pedophiles parade for rights.

At any rate, not supporting Bioware anymore with my hard earned cash if they are going to cater to the lowest common denominator of society (though I admit there were reasons to ditch Bioware previously that have nothing to do with "gays").

91. removed May 18, 2011, 10:14 Beamer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 18, 2011, 14:22.

-------------

90. removed May 18, 2011, 10:04 [VG]Reagle

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 18, 2011, 14:21.

I am much better now.

89. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 07:44 Luke

yuastnav wrote on May 17, 2011, 18:19:

[edit for clarification]

and here we have a follower . What do the other say , ahh i will follow them ...

you clearly can't simple as that

88. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 07:41 Luke

Beamer wrote on May 17, 2011, 18:14:
you talk tho know nada i see

Rational thought isn't your forte too

djf sdfyu9 sk 34 ,na 89 skd,f li2.

jk2 kn irk nskn a ,n k 9u9 l. ioui, ds2 sdf cver; fucking retarded. jskf ka, sdoioiw sdjhi lbmw s oioq. xcou poqd moron zpiui.

tells me more about you than me : what is fucking retarded , i don't understand your fucking retarded....word can you be fucking retarded ..helping me out , follower

87. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 18:19 yuastnav

[edit for clarification]

86. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 18:14 Beamer

you talk tho know nada i see

Rational thought isn't your forte too

djf sdfyu9 sk 34 ,na 89 skd,f li2.

jk2 kn irk nskn a ,n k 9u9 l. ioui, ds2 sdf cver; fucking retarded. jskf ka, sdoioiw sdjhi lbmw s oioq. xcou poqd moron zpiui.

-------------

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo