Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No

Casey Hudson tweets about the inclusion of potential gay love interests in Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming RPG sequel: "Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game" (thanks Joystiq via GayGamer). On a semi-related note, a recent post on Eurogamer has word that a "gay robot" sidekick (Claptrap?) was dropped from plans for Duke Nukem Forever, though this character could still appear in a future title. The idea was "to explore how Duke would relate to a peer that might have a different sexual orientation," says Randy Pitchford. The Gearbox boss offers a spoiler while attempting to avoid spoilers: "I don't want to spoil it because we might go there. Ultimately the robot was in a situation where for an order for victory against the aliens to be accomplished, the robot's inner workings – a nuclear generator – had to be sacrificed" (thanks Kotaku via GayGamer).

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

85. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 17:44 Luke

GayBlade wrote on May 17, 2011, 12:07:
Luke wrote on May 17, 2011, 11:08:
GayBlade wrote on May 17, 2011, 08:40:
well some don't follow the river some don't , you do i see

Are you drunk, sir? Or have you been reading some e. e. cumming poetry?

you sir are a sad case

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 17:40 Luke

Overon wrote on May 17, 2011, 17:27:
were i come from gay people have fought for there right to get married , now they can , but nono , : Its not good enough , now they demand to get married in a church , and so they just keep going on
Oh please. Who wants to be married at a church who teaches that gay people are going to hell to be tortured forever? Yeah gay people really want to be married somewhere they are despised. Think about it for 5 seconds. Do you want to go somewhere you are despised? Didn't think so. Why would you think that gay people do? Rational thought isn't your forte.

you talk tho know nada i see

Rational thought isn't your forte too Clown

83. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 17:34 Overon

Punisher wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:43:
Will anyone outside San Francisco buy Mass Effect 3 because of gay characters? Really? Ok, maybe a few wingnuts.

However, will the hype over gay characters turn off many heterosexuals? Possibly... probably not worth the risk.

While I'm not a homophobe, I almost skipped the wonderful GTA4 Gay Tony expansion because of the name.

You kind of sound like one though.

82. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 17:27 Overon

were i come from gay people have fought for there right to get married , now they can , but nono , : Its not good enough , now they demand to get married in a church , and so they just keep going on
Oh please. Who wants to be married at a church who teaches that gay people are going to hell to be tortured forever? Yeah gay people really want to be married somewhere they are despised. Think about it for 5 seconds. Do you want to go somewhere you are despised? Didn't think so. Why would you think that gay people do? Rational thought isn't your forte.

81. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 15:35 Yaogun

So maybe FemShep can romance Tali, thus combining the awesomeness of Jennifer Hale's voice acting and the Tali character? Sounds good to me.

Overall I'm happy to see more diversity in games. I appreciate seeing more women, non-white people, gay people, etc. (I say this as a straight, white, cis-gendered male, pretty much bar-bar-bar on the privilege slot machine.). I'd like it if my daughter could play games and actually see capable, smart, not-just-there-for-sex-appeal women. I expect the same is true for non-white or non-straight people as well.

I applaud Bioware for being far more inclusive than the norm. Especially since they're RPGs so you have some choice about how the game plays out.

80. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 14:14 space captain

not that theres anything wrong with that  
Go forth, and kill!

79. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 13:41 JediPunisher

space captain wrote on May 17, 2011, 07:56:
no offense, but you are a dumbass
While I’d prefer being called badass, dumbass isn’t so bad… at least I don’t have a sore ass.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2011, 13:51.

78. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 12:50 Prez

Overon wrote on May 16, 2011, 20:11:
But it's perfectly okay to have a heterosexual relationship in the game right? And of course it's even better if two hot girls go at it? Am I right?

Damn straight!!!!

space captain wrote on May 17, 2011, 07:56:

Who in their right mind could possibly be offended by being called a 'dumbass'?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

77. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 12:07 GayBlade

Luke wrote on May 17, 2011, 11:08:

Are you drunk, sir? Or have you been reading some e. e. cumming poetry?

76. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 11:12 Luke

nin wrote on May 17, 2011, 11:10:
Puke, more, commas, please, thank, you:

75. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 11:11 Luke

Beamer wrote on May 17, 2011, 07:16:
Luke, come on, we all know the entire goal of every single gay man is to seduce you.

Right now The Half Elf is a little bit beyond The Half Mast just thinking about how great it would be to turn you. It's a giant conspiracy centered around you specifically. In fact, they're watching you right now!!!!!

ehm ok , well let does who like to be backlovers be backlovers , np
just don't pull all that gay shet over those who aren't , the gay people are nothing more than attention lovers

74. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 11:10 nin

Puke, more, commas, please, thank, you:

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

73. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 11:08 Luke

Luke, me thinks you protest too much. Careful lest we start thinking you are a closet case.

72. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 11:07 Luke

yuastnav wrote on May 17, 2011, 06:49:
Luke, for the love of God please stop typing like a four-year-old.

[edit for clarification]
Grammar and ideology wise.

and here we have a follower . What do the other say , ahh i will follow them ...

71. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 08:40 GayBlade

Luke, me thinks you protest too much. Careful lest we start thinking you are a closet case.  

70. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 07:56 space captain

Punisher wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:43:
While I'm not a homophobe, I almost skipped the wonderful GTA4 Gay Tony expansion because of the name.

Go forth, and kill!

69. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 07:16 Beamer

Luke, come on, we all know the entire goal of every single gay man is to seduce you.

Right now The Half Elf is a little bit beyond The Half Mast just thinking about how great it would be to turn you. It's a giant conspiracy centered around you specifically. In fact, they're watching you right now!!!!!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

68. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 06:49 yuastnav

Luke, for the love of God please stop typing like a four-year-old.

[edit for clarification]
Grammar and ideology wise.

67. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 05:32 Luke

The Half Elf wrote on May 16, 2011, 20:20:
Luke wrote on May 16, 2011, 19:11:
Guess it is not enough for the gay people to be gay , everything should be gay in there eyes....gay western movies , gay chara in pc games gay here gay there ,

Luke are you really that ignorant?

As a gay gamer never once have I EVER asked for anything 'gay' to be added to anything.

And for the record, I really didn't like Brokeback Mountain either.

I become that ignorant when the gay people just wan't to be all over the places ,

and maybe you did not ask for it , but i am pretty sure some Organization is sitting out there and saying :

oh there is nothing gay here lets make a rumble about it, oh and there are nothing gay here too ,

were i come from gay people have fought for there right to get married , now they can , but nono , : Its not good enough , now they demand to get married in a church , and so they just keep going on ,

66. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 05:18 Luke

Their, there, they're. Learn the difference. If you don't know grammar, how do you expect the people you are bashing to understand you?

ohhhh my teacher is here guess you are not good at your job......gramma queen , this is internet naba what do you want ? maybe some . lol L8oo, rofl, ggg and so on :baby

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo