Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No

Casey Hudson tweets about the inclusion of potential gay love interests in Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming RPG sequel: "Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game" (thanks Joystiq via GayGamer). On a semi-related note, a recent post on Eurogamer has word that a "gay robot" sidekick (Claptrap?) was dropped from plans for Duke Nukem Forever, though this character could still appear in a future title. The idea was "to explore how Duke would relate to a peer that might have a different sexual orientation," says Randy Pitchford. The Gearbox boss offers a spoiler while attempting to avoid spoilers: "I don't want to spoil it because we might go there. Ultimately the robot was in a situation where for an order for victory against the aliens to be accomplished, the robot's inner workings a nuclear generator had to be sacrificed" (thanks Kotaku via GayGamer).

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

45. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 19:11 Luke

Guess it is not enough for the gay people to be gay , everything should be gay in there eyes....gay western movies , gay chara in pc games gay here gay there ,  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 18:53 entr0py

Come to think of it, I don't believe there has ever been a truly gay or lesbian character in a Bioware game. They are all straight or bi. At least, that's true of all of the companions.  

43. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 18:38 Beelzebud

I think Obsidian did it perfectly in Fallout New Vegas. There are gay characters, but they felt no need to announce it, and the characters weren't one dimensional "I'm gay let's have sex" kind of characters.  

42. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 18:35 The Half Elf

I have a question...

Like Dragon Age, isn't Mass Effect a RPG game as well? If people want to play the roll of a straight or homosexual character in a game that allows both choices, then shouldn't it be just that, a choice?

Just because the option is there doesn't mean you have to CHOOSE it.
BTW wasn't there an achievement for sleeping with the elf in Dragon Age? Wonder how many people got it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

41. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:28 Hyatus

WaltC wrote on May 16, 2011, 17:00:
I play games for the fun factor--if want lessons in politically correct sexual etiquette circa ~2011 I will certainly look elsewhere. Stay out of my games! Thanks.

Having gay characters doesn't make it politically correct, it makes it realistic. There are gay folks in the world. There are gay folks who play video games.

I hope I'm being trolled.

40. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:18 Draugr

WaltC wrote on May 16, 2011, 17:00:
The highly narcissistic "gay" social agenda has completely ruined so many other forms of entertainment--I pray it not be allowed to ruin gaming as well. I favor putting them all back into the closet inside games and lead-lining the doors. The truth is guy, or gal, I don't care if you dig men or you dig women--just stay out of my game! If I want some of that agenda there are plenty of places on the Internet I can go to have my head dunked in that sort of propagandist drivel. I play games for the fun factor--if want lessons in politically correct sexual etiquette circa ~2011 I will certainly look elsewhere. Stay out of my games! Thanks.

If you replaced the references to homosexuality in this post with African-American references, you'd sound just like my grandpa! Though, without the changes you sound just as ridiculous!

39. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:15 Jackplug

plenty of girl on girl action woot!!!!  

38. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:01 Draugr

Rockn-Roll wrote on May 16, 2011, 16:42:
I'm a ignorant bigot, or a troll.

You should notify the American Psychiatric association about what you've discovered, as they think you're full of shit. I'm sure your exhaustive research trumps all the work they've done and investigated on the subject.

You might also want to let the other species and animals that inhabit our world know about this, as they engage in homosexual behavior, and you decided it's not natural.

37. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:00 WaltC

The highly narcissistic "gay" social agenda has completely ruined so many other forms of entertainment--I pray it not be allowed to ruin gaming as well. I favor putting them all back into the closet inside games and lead-lining the doors. The truth is guy, or gal, I don't care if you dig men or you dig women--just stay out of my game! If I want some of that agenda there are plenty of places on the Internet I can go to have my head dunked in that sort of propagandist drivel. I play games for the fun factor--if want lessons in politically correct sexual etiquette circa ~2011 I will certainly look elsewhere. Stay out of my games! Thanks.  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

36. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:54 Beamer

Is that trolling or is the guy actually unaware of how funny it is that he's accusing someone else of needing "serious psychotherapy?"  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

35. removed May 16, 2011, 16:42 Rockn-Roll

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 16, 2011, 17:16.

Let's Rock!

34. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:40 Ruffiana

*Yawn*

Lemee know when I can have gay sex with aliens, then it might be news-worthy.

33. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:32 Hyatus

GayBlade wrote on May 16, 2011, 16:11:
For all the straight guys out there who ever got turned on in a video game, I hope you will understand that those of us who bat for the other team want some of that too

You play for the Mets?

32. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:26 Overon

Oh my Abrahamic God of the Bible! Think of the children! This game is a gay plot to force the gay "life style" onto our children!  

31. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:24 entr0py

PHJF wrote on May 16, 2011, 16:03:
I've always thought the ampersand was a pretty gay character...

Have you seen the asterisk?

30. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:11 GayBlade

For all the straight guys out there who ever got turned on in a video game, I hope you will understand that those of us who bat for the other team want some of that too

29. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:03 PHJF

I've always thought the ampersand was a pretty gay character...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

28. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 15:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Warskull wrote on May 16, 2011, 15:44:
I hope they handle it better than DA2 where if you are male every other male suddenly turns gay and if you are female every other female suddenly wants to sleep with you. I think it makes the characters weaker. I like how in ME2, some characters just aren't interested in sex with Shepard.
That's pretty much my thinking on it. OMG *insert name here* you're the champion! Let me bang my diddly bits off your diddly bits 'cause yeah baby! I *just want you*...ugh.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 15:44 Warskull

I hope they handle it better than DA2 where if you are male every other male suddenly turns gay and if you are female every other female suddenly wants to sleep with you. I think it makes the characters weaker. I like how in ME2, some characters just aren't interested in sex with Shepard.  

26. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 15:36 entr0py

So, combined with the interview yesterday that mentioned there's no new love interests, that must mean one of the crew from the previous games might switch teams. I've got my money on Kaidan.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2011, 16:00.

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo