Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No

Casey Hudson tweets about the inclusion of potential gay love interests in Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming RPG sequel: "Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game" (thanks Joystiq via GayGamer). On a semi-related note, a recent post on Eurogamer has word that a "gay robot" sidekick (Claptrap?) was dropped from plans for Duke Nukem Forever, though this character could still appear in a future title. The idea was "to explore how Duke would relate to a peer that might have a different sexual orientation," says Randy Pitchford. The Gearbox boss offers a spoiler while attempting to avoid spoilers: "I don't want to spoil it because we might go there. Ultimately the robot was in a situation where for an order for victory against the aliens to be accomplished, the robot's inner workings a nuclear generator had to be sacrificed" (thanks Kotaku via GayGamer).

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

5. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:57 El Pit

As if the Duke wasn't a member of the Gay Liberation Front. Remember him looking into every mirror saying "Damn - lookin' goooood!"

ME3? Wow. You've never had sex if you've never made out with a Krogan in pink armor.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:50 Overon

The Duke is well known for his tolerance after all.
Duke is a walking bafoon stereotype. Also I never liked the word "tolerance." Tolerance implies superiority or belief one is right. I like coexistence.

3. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:50 Halo

McSterls wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:40:
I have a hard time watching gay scene's on HBO and Showtime

There's your double entendre

2. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:40 McSterls

Isn't this something we should work our way into slowly? Give it a few years for the door to the gay network closet to open. Maybe we could start with the double entendre and some innuendo before we launch full into the gay computer revolution revolution. I have a hard time watching gay scene's on HBO and Showtime, not sure how I'm going to be able to handle finding out that my favorite character is into hardcore BF weekends.  

1. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:23 Verno

The idea was "to explore how Duke would relate to a peer that might have a different sexual orientation" says Randy Pitchford.

The Duke is well known for his tolerance after all.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo