Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SOE MMOGs Back Online

The Sony Online Entertainment Website has word that SOE's MMOGs are back online following an extended outage:

We are pleased to be back online and deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent data breach and subsequent outage.

To thank you all for your patience and understanding, we have prepared a Welcome Back Program that includes complimentary identity theft protection, free game time and special in-game items and events.

Reminder: As an added security measure, we require a password reset for your Station Account - we recommend you do this immediately.

For Customer Support, visit help.soe.com

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 17, 2011, 03:18 Veterator

Says you have until August to use your time. Not even sure what games I have "activated" to be eligible for the free time. I think they shutdown Planetside.....so maybe only Everquest.

Pisses me off that to deal with stolen information when I haven't used their services in 5 years, especially when I am not sure what information is available since they've redone their accounts system at least once and maybe twice since I first plugged in info when EQ first came out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 17, 2011, 01:08 Grounded

Who cares? no one missed these games but reclusive shut ins and fat chicks  

18. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 19:18 Krovven

Darks wrote on May 16, 2011, 16:39:
They have already given us those days; they did not give me all the days I was supposed to get back. They have fallen way short of what should have gotten.

And I responded to your clarification that you posted within 2 minutes of my post you are quoting.

If you just whine on random forums, I'm not going to feel bad for you.

If you go through SoE billing support I'm sure you will get the additional time credited. You won't be the only person that is affected by this, and I'm sure with everything going on at Sony, the people on the initial 30 days were overlooked when factoring in the time credited.

17. Yay! May 16, 2011, 18:18 ColBlister

Finally, I can get back onto Free Realms!

This comment was edited on May 16, 2011, 18:28.

16. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 18:11 Kxmode

Is it okay to say their servers are a wretched hive of scum and villainy?  

15. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 16:39 The Half Elf

Techie seriously, with your fanboi'ism of all things ARMA, your telling other people what they should and shouldn't be doing?

Ok I just noticed something.

Every game I've ever had with SOE, Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 1 and 2, Planetside, DCUO, etc are now all active for 45 days

This comment was edited on May 16, 2011, 16:46.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 16:39 Darks

Krovven wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:47:
Darks wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:04:
But Sony has failed to follow through with their promised in game content.

Uhhm, give it a bit of time. They don't have everything back up and running yet. ie: PSN is back online for multiplayer, Trophies etc...but the Store is still down, which is where the "free stuff" will be redeemed.

As far as SoE is concerned, if it hasn't already started, you will get your free time. Go cry somewhere else if you can't give them till the end of the month, as has been widely publicized as their timeframe to have it all back up 100%.

They have already given us those days; they did not give me all the days I was supposed to get back. They have fallen way short of what should have gotten. Thatís the problem Iím having with Sony and not believing a damn word they say. How can we after the fiasco they just put everyone though.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

13. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 15:45 kanniballl

-EDIT-

Please ignore, I misread Darks's comment.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2011, 15:51.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

12. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 14:25 Flatline

Darks wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:49:
Rigs, what you and others seem to not understand is that everyone no matter who it is got the 30 days , plus more. I originally had my initial 30 days that I had only used 10 of those days. On top of their down time I lost those days, not only did I loose the 10 days but I lost the rest of that monthís worth of days too. All they did was give me the 30 days that everyone got and about 10 more on top of that.

They didnít even bother to give me back the days I still had on the books which was about 15 days after the downtime. Thatís bullshit. Those were my days, no different then anyone else who has been paying for the game that lost their days.

Ah yes... first world problems at their finest.

11. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 14:17 LittleMe

To thank you all for your patience and understanding,

Understanding? For running a service that had wide-open security holes that was an open invitation to bring your service to its knees?

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

10. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 13:08 Tumbler

Some advice, focus on the big things in life stuff like this is just a waste of your time. Really? You are upset over a couple of days of a free trial? Some people....

There is nothing free about the trial period of DCUO. They paid $40+ (I'm guessing) for the first month, and they'll be paying $15 (approx) each month after that. They don't offer a refund so it's not even a trial, it's first month payment.

Rift on the other hand has a free trial. I signed up for a 7 day free trial and was able to play the game for a couple hours after downloading and installing without every spending any money.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:57 Krovven

So have you actually emailed billing support and politely explained the situation and asked for additional credit?

Or you just spouting off on forums about how you've been gipped?

8. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:49 Darks

Rigs wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:39:
Plus I just bought my copy of DCO and was working on my 30 days free for the first month, so I got screwed out of about 10 days worth of time, yes they gave me back 30 days plus 10 days worth of time that they were down, but that does not excuse them from removing my initial 30 days of free time that was mine.

Ok, I don't understand that statement...from what you're saying here, it means that not only did SOE give you your original 30 days but ALSO the 10 days they were down for, there by giving you a total of 40 days free time, starting now? So, in other words, based on this you're getting MORE than what you had originally and you're STILL complaining about it?!? WTF?!?

I agree with Techie, you need to understand that you weren't the ONLY one not able to play their game, it affected all us who play SOE games online. If you call SOE to complain after getting MORE than you had previously, you're gonna make a serious ass out of yourself...I say just deal with it like the rest of us and be glad you can actually play now... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

Rigs, what you and others seem to not understand is that everyone no matter who it is got the 30 days , plus more. I originally had my initial 30 days that I had only used 10 of those days. On top of their down time I lost those days, not only did I loose the 10 days but I lost the rest of that monthís worth of days too. All they did was give me the 30 days that everyone got and about 10 more on top of that.

They didnít even bother to give me back the days I still had on the books which was about 15 days after the downtime. Thatís bullshit. Those were my days, no different then anyone else who has been paying for the game that lost their days.

7. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:47 Krovven

But Sony has failed to follow through with their promised in game content.

Uhhm, give it a bit of time. They don't have everything back up and running yet. ie: PSN is back online for multiplayer, Trophies etc...but the Store is still down, which is where the "free stuff" will be redeemed.

As far as SoE is concerned, if it hasn't already started, you will get your free time. Go cry somewhere else if you can't give them till the end of the month, as has been widely publicized as their timeframe to have it all back up 100%.

6. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:39 Rigs

Plus I just bought my copy of DCO and was working on my 30 days free for the first month, so I got screwed out of about 10 days worth of time, yes they gave me back 30 days plus 10 days worth of time that they were down, but that does not excuse them from removing my initial 30 days of free time that was mine.

Ok, I don't understand that statement...from what you're saying here, it means that not only did SOE give you your original 30 days but ALSO the 10 days they were down for, there by giving you a total of 40 days free time, starting now? So, in other words, based on this you're getting MORE than what you had originally and you're STILL complaining about it?!? WTF?!?

I agree with Techie, you need to understand that you weren't the ONLY one not able to play their game, it affected all us who play SOE games online. If you call SOE to complain after getting MORE than you had previously, you're gonna make a serious ass out of yourself...I say just deal with it like the rest of us and be glad you can actually play now... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

5. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:14 Darks

Techie714 © wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:07:
Yes, I saw it was back online the other day. But Sony has failed to follow through with their promised in game content. I saw nothing of the sort. Plus I just bought my copy of DCO and was working on my 30 days free for the first month, so I got screwed out of about 10 days worth of time, yes they gave me back 30 days plus 10 days worth of time that they were down, but that does not excuse them from removing my initial 30 days of free time that was mine.

Needles to say, I now will be calling and complaining about this. if I donít get my days back I will be done with this game and they will lose another unhappy customer.

Some advice, focus on the big things in life stuff like this is just a waste of your time. Really? You are upset over a couple of days of a free trial? Some people....

Seriously dude, please do not try to tell me what to focus my time on. Maybe you donít give a shit about the way you get treated or maybe you allow people to walk all over you. But I donít, I paid for this product and itís my right to bitch about it anyway I feel is right. Sony screwed up and youíre going to lecture me on what I should concentrate on? Yea right!!!

Sony owes those of us our time back whether its 1 day to 30 days, I bought and paid for the game and that was my 30 days, 30 days free or not. I still paid for the game. It does not matter itís a matter of principle, if your standards are that low, then thatís your issue not mine, Iím in the mind set of I will fight for what is mine.

4. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:07 Techie714 ©

Yes, I saw it was back online the other day. But Sony has failed to follow through with their promised in game content. I saw nothing of the sort. Plus I just bought my copy of DCO and was working on my 30 days free for the first month, so I got screwed out of about 10 days worth of time, yes they gave me back 30 days plus 10 days worth of time that they were down, but that does not excuse them from removing my initial 30 days of free time that was mine.

Needles to say, I now will be calling and complaining about this. if I donít get my days back I will be done with this game and they will lose another unhappy customer.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:04 Darks

2. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 11:59 Mr. Tact

This is separate from the PSN problems, right?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 11:12 kanniballl

Yeh, DC Universe Online was back up the other evening.

After going cold turkey for a while I don't know if I'm going to get back into it. I think I'll wait until the next content-update, though that will probably be something small and from a holiday.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo