Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned

Steam News announces the planned patch for Brink is now available, addressing some issues with the recently released first-person shooter. Also, the Bethesda Blog has word that to thank owners of the game for their support, the first Brink DLC will be released for free: "We would like to thank you for supporting Brink and for your continued feedback. To show our appreciation for your support of Brink, we will be making the first DLC for Brink available for free when it is released. This DLC is planned for June and will offer additional maps and new content for players. We’ll continue to provide announcements about the next title update, as well as the first DLC release as that information becomes available." The patch notes follow.

General:
Fixed issues with custom ui_fov settings when playing as a client
Added support for 2560x1440
Slightly improved start up times
Fixed crash when clicking in blank area on Training Videos menu
Fixed memory leaks on shutdown
Fixed Be More Objective leaderboards being incorrectly named

Graphics:
Fixed “texture gridding” issues on certain graphics cards
Fixed settings being incorrectly applied on the advanced video options screen
Improved performance when using Ambient Occlusion
Fixed halos not rendering correctly

AI Bots:
Removed bot intelligence inhibitors for Freeplay games
Adjusted bot behaviour in Campaign games to make teams more evenly matched
Changed bots’ objective priorities across all game modes
Fixed issue with bot difficulty continually dropping

User Interface:
Fixed poor server browser performance for users with a large number of items in their history
Made server browser refreshes much more responsive
Changed server browser to no longer group player counts by max players
Added new pop-up text for server browser filters
Fixed not being able to sort by favourites column
Server browser now retrieves favourites correctly from Steam
Fixed arrow keys not working when exiting out of a chat submenu
Made it easier to select a default secondary weapon
Disabled chat options in solo mode

Dedicated Servers:
Can now use net_ip command to assign IPs to server instances
Dedicated server binary can now be run as a service, which won't have a CSIDL_PERSONAL virtual folder

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 14, 2011, 00:23 born2expire

zerobytes wrote on May 13, 2011, 23:43:
You can tell bots from players while in a game if you look at the scoreboard. Players will have a connection quality indicator that's typically green, while bots will have a silhouette icon.

Game seems to crash much more with today's patch.

I seem to lose sounds on more maps now

And ATI performance still leaves a lot to be desired

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 23:43 Killswitch

You can tell bots from players while in a game if you look at the scoreboard. Players will have a connection quality indicator that's typically green, while bots will have a silhouette icon.

Game seems to crash much more with today's patch.

8. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 22:37 nin

A step in the right direction, patch wise.

More maps is certainty a plus.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 22:26 born2expire

Brink is awesome, i've been waiting for a game like this for well over 5 years.  

6. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 22:22 Bucky

There's a good game hiding in there, but it still needs some polish. Fortunately it seems that they are hard at work on that front, so I'm willing to be patient.  

5. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 22:09 xXBatmanXx

Fion, you can select to play with bots only. Just select 1 player. Or do the campaign, which is the same thing anyway....just with bots.

I find the game very fun and refreshing compared to others that are avail. I knew they would DLC the hell outta this game, as there really isn't all that much there. I am glad I got it for $40.00. I look forward to lots of support for this game and letting the community build maps ,etc.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 22:03 Fion

Is it just me or did they change it so all games are multiplayer now. When ever I try a single player map it puts me into a multiplayer one. I'm cool with it really because it's a multiplayer game with the single player really being just hammered together. Now if only they could let us choose to avoid servers filled with bots. As it is there is no way to tell if your fighting bots unless you see people standing still shooting, but then again some people do that lol.

I am with Half Elf, I regret the purchase. It looked so cool before it launched and while it certainly looked rough around the edges the thought of mirrors edge parkour (which it is laughably not!) with a team shooter was to much to resist. I am still getting some fun out of it but with 10(?) maps that are largely interchangeable, I'm quickly growing board.

3. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 21:44 LittleMe

Sorry to hear Half Elf. I was firmly in the 'not buying' camp from my experience buying (at full price) Splash Damage's ET:QW flop. And that game sure is/was terrible. They've had them for $4 at micro center here for over a year and people won't even buy them at that price. The ideas might have been fine, but the execution was awful.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

2. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 21:16 The Half Elf

Free is good if it's decent DLC. Test Drive Unlimited 2 offered a free DLC due to the problems and you wanna know what one of the bullet points for the DLC was? Bike Dealerships buildings are in the game, but can't be accessed or buy bikes yet.

And I have to say I'm sorry I bought Brink on release. It's not a bad game, but it's certainly not as good as the reviews for it were.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 13, 2011, 21:06 DangerDog

Free is good.  

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo