Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2011, 00:45 Hoop

4:42 pm friday thE 13TH !!!
Been a very productive relaxing day so no prob AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH......AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/blogs/four-legs-good/4997629/Masters-of-the-floor

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 20:34 Acleacius

Thanks, mag, DG and jimnms, will definatly check out the unattend.xml.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 19:16 Sepharo

Didn't have any Wal-Marts in Metro Detroit until the 2000's.

Guess it's since we're the home region of K-Mart and Meijer, and Kroger is close enough too.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 18:17 xXBatmanXx

Capella wrote on May 12, 2011, 11:24:

That Walmart link was cool. Great OotB today!

It's like the bit Lewis Black does on the Starbucks......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGUYeiGtNk

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 15:14 jimnms

Acleacius wrote on May 12, 2011, 13:30:
Any experienced Win 7 users give me a bit of advice on partitions?

Always used a custom install of WinXP to put Documents & Settings and Program Files on a D: partition. To keep all the Savegames many developers dump there from fragmenting my OS partition.

Tried to Google this a bit, having no luck finding out if this is an issue with Win 7. Is it a good idea to make a custom install for Win 7 as well, to move the directories off the C:?

Thanks for any tips.

I have my \Users directory located on D: drive. It's easy to do during install, search for how to make a custom unattend.xml. You can do it after install, but it's a pain in the ass re-creating the hidden directory junctions and modifying registry entries.

I keep a small 50GB partition as C: for Windows and certain programs. On D: I install games and store everything else. This makes backing up the OS partition quicker, and if the OS goes to crap I can safely nuke the C: partition and reinstall because everything important is on the D: partition.

I've only run into one minor problem doing this. If you use Windows 7's built in backup to backup your system partition, and if you need to restore it, even though it doesn't back up the D: partition, it will re-create it overwriting any existing partitions on the drive.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 15:14 DG

It's not necessary to muck about with partitions, W7 disk management is pretty good. I wouldn't bother unless you have dual drives (esp. if one is SSD) or some other reason, e.g. if doing backup images of the OS partition but file backups of My Docs.

On the other hand there's not much reason not to, other than increased space capacity overhead, having some of that overhead wasting the faster portions of the disk...

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 14:33 mag

Acleacius wrote on May 12, 2011, 13:30:

Always used a custom install of WinXP to put Documents & Settings and Program Files on a D: partition. To keep all the Savegames many developers dump there from fragmenting my OS partition.

Tried to Google this a bit, having no luck finding out if this is an issue with Win 7. Is it a good idea to make a custom install for Win 7 as well, to move the directories off the C:?

Thanks for any tips.

I do exactly that, and it's given me no trouble. It does do some silly things, though. If the folder you pick is called anything else, it displays it as My Documents in explorer/my computer/etc. But you if you open the command prompt, the folder is still named whatever you called it.

Windows is dumb.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 13:30 Acleacius

Thanks for any tips.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: 10 Best Star Trek Episodes May 12, 2011, 11:28 Mr. Tact

That's a pretty good list -- all very good episodes.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 11:24 Capella

No way any Star Trek list can not have City on the Edge of Forever as the best episode. I had that discussion many times with coworkers and we always agreed it was the best ever.

Now since he put Mirror, Mirror on the list he should have found room for In a Mirror, Darkly from Enterprise. That just kicked ass for more than one reason.

That Walmart link was cool. Great OotB today!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2011, 11:04 Cutter

Only if you can catch a duck.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo