Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 Preloads

GOG.com announces that only six days remain to preorder The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition from their site. They also announce that as of now preorder customers are able to download about 95% of their DRM-free version of the upcoming RPG sequel. Word is: "Pre-order now to grab the full exclusive bag of goodies with all of the bonus material: a virtual version of the collector’s edition artbook, the whole soundtrack with 4 unreleased tracks exclusive to GOG.com, wallpapers, avatars and a photo tour showing the behind the scenes work of your favorite CDProjekt Red team. Last (but not least!) you get one of five epic RPGs for free."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 17, 2011, 09:55 SpectralMeat

So how is Witcher 2? Everything everyone hoped for?  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 17, 2011, 09:10 Verno

Supposedly the combat in this game is actually kind of difficult for all of those concerned about consolitis or whatever.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

28. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 13, 2011, 05:49 Eldaron Imotholin

Asmo wrote on May 12, 2011, 09:26:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 12, 2011, 01:48:
Can't wait! Haven't been counting the days for a game to get released for YEARS!

I love Geralt xD

So it's fair to assume he has your nude card? \= )

I have his!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

27. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 16:26 SpectralMeat

Dev diary #6 combat: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/polish-diary-the-witcher/713795  

26. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 16:20 Frijoles

Ohhhhh.. thanks everyone. Guess I should have read that email.  

25. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 14:24 Ch3rub

Overon wrote on May 12, 2011, 14:13:
I got an email with a link that let me download my bonus game.

Same here, and after you choose your game it sits on your "shelf" same as any other games you've bought so I imagine you can download it straight away.

24. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 14:23 eRe4s3r

You get the free game (and more goodies (6$ and 10$ coupon) if you pay in €) as soon as the pre-order payment is processed (with paypal = instantly)

You get an email with the various goodies listed there, and you can preload W2 too

23. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 14:13 Overon

I got an email with a link that let me download my bonus game.  

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 13:00 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on May 12, 2011, 12:05:
That and ROA 1 to 3 are just not my game style, and Who hasn't played Gothic 2 by now?

I haven't. I plan on getting it now. I wasn't much in to RPGs back in the day so I missed out on a lot of good games.

Edit: Is the other game thing active now after paying, or does it become available when the game releases? I don't see a way to get Gothic 2 even though I paid for Witcher 2.

21. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 12:05 eRe4s3r

I chose Beyond Divinity as well - for some reason i completed Divine Divinity but never Beyond Divinity.. weirdness.

That and ROA 1 to 3 are just not my game style, and Who hasn't played Gothic 2 by now?

20. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 10:06 descender

Mass Effect, especially the sequel... is way more action-adventure than RPG. IMO the gameplay makes a game an RPG, not fancy cutscenes and dialog trees.  

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:48 Ch3rub

BTW. Not sure if it's for all regions but along with pre-order I've been given a free game as well. You can choose from:
Beyond Divinity
Divine Divinity
Gothic 2: Gold Edition,
Realms of Arkania 1 + 2
Realms of Arkania 3

I finished Divine Divinity long ago and loved it so opted for Beyond Divinity. Great free gift I can used when traveling and want to play a bit on my laptop

18. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:40 Optional nickname

I am opening a GOG account today, besides there are some titles in there that are calling me for a long time already.

dzien dobre, CDprojekt, i dziekuje.

17. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:34 SpectralMeat

necrosis wrote on May 12, 2011, 09:24:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 12, 2011, 08:46:
I never really got into RPG games other than the Mass Effect series.
Thats your problem. You think Mass Effect is a RPG. DA:O is a closer comparison to Witcher than Mass Effect is by a long shot.

I wasn't comparing any games to Witcher. I was just saying I am not a huge fan of the time frame this game takes place. I much prefer the futuristic settings like Mass Effect had for an RPG game.

I don't care how good or bad Mass Effect is in comparison to Witcher when it comes to RPG games, I was talking about space opera vs medieval times.

16. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:26 Asmo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 12, 2011, 01:48:
Can't wait! Haven't been counting the days for a game to get released for YEARS!

I love Geralt xD

So it's fair to assume he has your nude card? \= )

15. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:24 necrosis

I never really got into RPG games other than the Mass Effect series.
Thats your problem. You think Mass Effect is a RPG. DA:O is a closer comparison to Witcher than Mass Effect is by a long shot.

14. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:20 Ch3rub

Still on the fence about this game. I never really got into RPG games other than the Mass Effect series. This one looks great but the medieval time frame just never managed to hold my attention long enough in previous games.

If you like mature/dark fantasy than don't hesitate a second.

There was first review published in a polish magazine (CD Action) and it got 9+/10. Apparently it's much better than the first one, which already was one of the best RPGs in the last few years.

Already pre-ordered via GOG and downloaded all I could
Another week to go...

13. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 08:46 SpectralMeat

Still on the fence about this game. I never really got into RPG games other than the Mass Effect series. This one looks great but the medieval time frame just never managed to hold my attention long enough in previous games.  

12. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 07:55 Tomas

So excited for this game. You can't beat DRM free and awesome all in one package. I really hope it's as good as the first one.  

11. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 06:57 Overon

The Witcher made me interested in the English translated books which I have now read an eagerly anticipate more.

Everything CD Projekt has done has been PC gaming friendly. I don't feel bad about buying from them. They have created a lot of goodwill.

I created an account on GOG and preloaded the game. CD Projekt makes the most money when you buy it on GOG. And it's DRM free and you get a bunch of goodies.

The one thing I wish they allowed is the manual and guide and the other stuff was available right after paying. I would like to read the manual and maybe look at that extra stuff but unfortunately it unlocks at the same day as the game.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo