Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Fable III Windows Demo

The post by Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson which included an announcement of a Windows demo for Fable III has been edited to say this plan has been cancelled, as it now says: "Iíve been informed that a Fable III PC demo is no longer scheduled." Though that indicates a change in plans, a story on IncGamers adds a little confusion to the mix, as they say they were told by Lionhead that there was never a plan for a Windows demo in the first place, and that this is all a misunderstanding. Since the blog and Lionhead are both owned by Microsoft, it's hard to understand how such confusion could arise, but there you have it.

View
23. Re: No Fable III Windows Demo May 11, 2011, 23:08 The Half Elf

entr0py wrote on May 11, 2011, 18:31:
As someone who's actually played it, Fable 3 wasn't that bad. Like every Fable game it has a lot of flaws, but also has parts are enjoyable and well done. The combat and visuals stand out as the two areas that are definitely improved over Fable 2.

In my view the social interaction system in the series was always shallow and lame, that continues in a slightly mutated form. They tried to do something new and interesting with the focus on money making, and the ethical choices in the second half of the game that weren't black and white. Unfortunately, neither really turned out fun, satisfying, or particularly well thought out.

Ultimately I think the best way to enjoy the game is to simply ignore all the optional lameness. I'd recommend concentrating on exploring, questing, and the main story line. I'd never buy it at full price, but maybe $20.

WRONG. Sorry typically don't do that but it's justified. Fable 2 was great step forward from Fable 1 in just about every aspect, and Fable 3 was 2 steps back from Fable 2.
The story just sorta gets rushed at you when you become king, you can't change it except for 2 possible outcomes.
Town management is even worse then Fable 2 and really needs a 'repair all/upkeep all' option.
The dog is just STUPID. I loved the dog in Fable 2, as it was useful and enjoyable to play with, and the maps while nice have way too much back tracking.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 11, 15:16 Re: No Fable III Windows Demo Wowbagger_TIP
  4. May 11, 15:29  Re: No Fable III Windows Demo nin
  6. May 11, 15:47   Re: No Fable III Windows Demo Dev
  15. May 11, 19:20  Re: No Fable III Windows Demo mlw
  2. May 11, 15:25 Re: No Fable III Windows Demo descender
  3. May 11, 15:26 Re: No Fable III Windows Demo Icewind
  5. May 11, 15:46 Re: No Fable III Windows Demo Blackhawk
  7. May 11, 15:58 Re: No Fable III Windows Demo necrosis
  8. May 11, 16:14  Re: No Fable III Windows Demo Agent.X7
  9. May 11, 16:17   Re: No Fable III Windows Demo Fion