Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman Absolution Announced

IO Interactive officially announces Hitman Absolution, following the very, very many recent indications that we should expect news on a fifth installment in their series of assassination games soon, and confirming it carries the title revealed in a recent trademark filing. A new Hitman Absolution Teaser Video accompanies the announcement, which promises more details on the Hitman Website, but that's still partying like it's 2006 with up-to-the-minute news on Hitman: Blood Money, so presumably that will get an update soon. In the meantime, word is the game is expected some time next year for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Here's more:

HITMAN ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47™, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted — and now hunted by the police — he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world.

“For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the Hitman® fantasy,” said Tore Blystad, game director, IO Interactive. “This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world.”

Showcasing IO Interactive’s new proprietary Glacier 2™ technology, the game has been built from the ground up. Boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, HITMAN ABSOLUTION combines much-loved classic gameplay with completely new features never seen before in the Hitman franchise.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 11, 2011, 19:41 Sepharo

space captain wrote on May 11, 2011, 10:36:
they made a movie based on the Hitman games which was surprisingly not horrible.. its b-movie cheesefest, but still - not horrible

Interesting.

I saw Max Payne and I couldn't tell you a damn thing about it now, totally forgettable. But I guess it wasn't the kind of bad you remember.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 11, 2011, 13:46 Creston

space captain wrote on May 11, 2011, 10:36:
they made a movie based on the Hitman games which was surprisingly not horrible.. its b-movie cheesefest, but still - not horrible

And it stars Olga Kurylenko.

MASSIVE bonus.

Creston

15. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 11, 2011, 10:36 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 11, 2011, 01:23 Sepharo

MMmm looking forward to casually strolling and assassinating.  

13. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 11, 2011, 01:05 Jerykk

Yeah, it's kind of weird that they removed bullet wounds after the first game (or was it the second?). I guess they were considered too gory for an M-rating?  

12. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 22:06 Halo

There's no problem that can't be solved by killing everybody involved

I'm glad to see this happening, I hope bullet holes or pain skins are brought back into the game though.

11. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 20:33 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure 47 tried to find absolution in Hitman 2. It ended up with him traveling the world killing people.  

10. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 19:49 siapnar

Tickle me excited.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

9. Re: Hitman Absolution Revealed May 10, 2011, 19:15 mlw

I am so glad they have rebuilt the engine from the ground up. I enjoyed the previous game play, but really was getting tired of the wooden animation.  

8. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 15:43 rlknight66

Maybe the new feature is he's gonna grow some hair.  

7. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 15:39 Rilcon

I reserve the right to be optimistic.  

6. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 15:36 Straylight

No one else is worried about these new "features" after seeing Kane and Lynch? I am terrified at what IO thinks they learned from that franchise. Lets hope thjey stick to their original formula.

As soon as they try shoe-horning in "Assasination multiplayer", I think we will have reason to worry.

5. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 15:29 Verno

entr0py wrote on May 10, 2011, 15:09:
I bet he's going to find absolution by murdering people.

The road to redemption is littered with....corpses?!

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

4. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 15:09 entr0py

I bet he's going to find absolution by murdering people.  

3. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 14:20 Creston

Like others, I really enjoyed Blood Money, so I hope it'll definitely be more like that. Six years since the last one, that's a long gap...

Next year is a long wait, but otoh we're already getting a ton of great games this year anyways.

Creston

2. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 14:17 Ecthelion

I hope this press release means exactly what it says, especially in this part:
HITMAN ABSOLUTION combines much-loved classic gameplay with completely new features never seen before in the Hitman franchise.
Blood Money was great because it did exactly what this statement says; it kept the classic gameplay of the previous games while introducing new features, most of which were excellent additions to the series. As long as this game continues the Hitman series' pattern of getting better with each new game (hell, even if it's only "as good" as Blood Money), then I'll love Hitman 5.

IO hasn't let me down yet with the Hitman series, so I'm optimistic.

1. Re: Hitman Absolution Revealed May 10, 2011, 14:00 Bludd

Blood Money was great, here's hoping this one will be a success!  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo