Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Beta in Q3, "Driving Hard" for 2011 Launch

Activision Blizzard's Q1 Earnings Report is now available, showing higher than expected earnings and revenue. As noted on Blizzplanet, the company also used their post-earnings conference call to announce that external beta testing of Diablo III will begin in the third quarter of this year, and though they still aren't setting an official release date for the action/RPG sequel, one slide states: "Do not have an official release date or window yet, but driving hard to launch Diablo III this year." Here's word on the company's financial reporting: "Net income for the first three months of the year was $503 million, or 42 cents per share. That's up 32 percent from $381 million, or 30 cents per share, a year ago. Activision's revenue grew 11 percent to $1.45 billion from $1.31 billion. Besides the latest 'Call of Duty' and related digital content, the online game 'World of Warcraft' did well. On an adjusted basis, the company earned $156 million, or 13 cents per share, surpassing the 8 cents that analysts polled by FactSet were expecting. Adjusted revenue was $755 million, well above analysts' expectations of $665 million. The results were also ahead of the forecast the company gave in February."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, "Driving Hard" for 2011 Launch May 10, 2011, 08:09 Mr. Tact

I think they can finish before the end of the year. It would be within their normal timeline from announcement to release to do so. However, I wouldn't bet my house on it...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 10, 2011, 04:37 InBlack

D3 in 2011. Not going to happen. Not unless they decide to forgo all those usual layers upon layers of Blizzard polish.  

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 22:32 Kxmode

MrAsh wrote on May 9, 2011, 21:56:
Either that, or he's on meth and typed with his forehead.

Actually I typed with my forehead and both hands thankyouverymuch!

11. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 22:14 nin

Uhh.. what?

Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 21:56 MrAsh

I think he believes "Driving Hard" is a 2nd separate game coming out by Activision, and not just a phrase meaning they're working hard to finish Diablo 3.

Either that, or he's on meth and typed with his forehead.

9. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 21:09 Pineapple Ferguson

Cave Johnson wrote on May 9, 2011, 20:47:
Diablo 3 is like the shark, Driving Hard is like those little fish who follow the shark around hoping for a bite. Pathetic attempt to steal some of the limelight for an unknown game no one knows/cares about Activision.

Uhh.. what?

8. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 20:47 Kxmode

Diablo 3 is like the shark, Driving Hard is like those little fish who follow the shark around hoping for a bite. Pathetic attempt to steal some of the limelight for an unknown game no one knows/cares about Activision.  

7. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 20:23 Pineapple Ferguson

Better late than shitty.  

6. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 20:20 RollinThundr

Let's see...carry the 1..account for Blizzard's ineptness in being able to finish a game prior to an entire decade occurring. 2013 release date.  

5. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 19:28 killer_roach

PHJF wrote on May 9, 2011, 18:21:
shouldn't this have like a beta for one year?

Nah, they'll just keep issuing hotfixes into perpetuity.

4. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, "Driving Hard" for 2011 Launch May 9, 2011, 18:21 PHJF

shouldn't this have like a beta for one year?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. No subject May 9, 2011, 18:18 AnointedSword

I am in there!  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

2. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, May 9, 2011, 18:18 nin

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Diablo III Beta in Q3, "Driving Hard" for 2011 Launch May 9, 2011, 17:56 Cutter

In the words of Hudson..."I am ready, man! Ready to get it on!"
BOOYAH!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo