Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch

A new patch for Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword is now available from TaleWorlds to update the just-released medieval mounted combat game to version 1.139. The download is mirrored on The Patches Scrolls, and the patch notes follow.

• Troops can now upgrade properly.
  • Fixed bug with grenades exploding at wrong location.
  • Squad size limitation bug is fixed for multiplayer.
  • An update is made for preventing graphics glitch on some ATI cards.
  • Several text corrections for all languages.
  • Scene fixes mainly on the custom battles and village/town scenes.
  • Fixed a quest bug with persuading Obuhovich.
  • AI behavior changed so that musketeer troops can now close up on the enemy properly.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch May 10, 2011, 09:37 Slashman

Pete wrote on May 9, 2011, 22:39:
I just found out about warband last week. I have logged over 70 hours into it already

I'll wait a bit for this one

We know your pain... Bigcry

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch May 9, 2011, 22:39 Pete

I just found out about warband last week. I have logged over 70 hours into it already

I'll wait a bit for this one

Doin' it Big

3. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch May 9, 2011, 15:31 JaguarUSF

JoeNapalm wrote on May 9, 2011, 14:42:
I found that F&S was even more unforgiving than M&B when you first start.

+1

2. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch May 9, 2011, 14:42 Fion

No fix for the trading issues such as when you watch to see what it selling it will often report items that aren't even available where you are.

And yes the game is certainly unforgiving. You really have to learn new tactics and ways to deal with firearms. They hit like a brick so you can easily be two-shotted if you aren't careful at full difficulty.

But once you get some solid troops and learn new tactics and outfit them with quality weapons, armor, etc you can start kicking ass. I love as well that the number of troops you can actively have is about double that of Warband, so you can get into some pretty epic battles pretty early in the game with 150 men on each side (once you edit the right file to allow as many men on the battlefield as your computer can handle).

All in all it's crazy fun, even if it's more limiting than Warband was.

Edit: Oh and my money making tip is to look for cheap silk, anything under $400 or so because you can often sell it for as much as $1500. I find a lot of it in Cossack territory and sell it to the Swedes.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2011, 14:48.

1. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch May 9, 2011, 14:42 JoeNapalm

I found that F&S was even more unforgiving than M&B when you first start.

I strongly recommend getting one of the debt collection missions (either kind, lord or town, whichever you can get) and ripping off the quest giver once the debt is collected. The time limit is for collecting the debt, NOT returning the money to the proper lord - so you can spend it all on weapons and armor, then avoid the quest giver until you can pay them back.

Also, go find heroes. Your troops are going to get mowed down by musket fire at an exceedingly alarming rate. Gather up as many immortals as can stand one another, and try to make sure one of them is handy with bandages.

Several missions in, I finally got my hands on some REAL armor, and it made a world of difference...now I can survive the occasional stray shot pinging off my breastplate, vs punching through my breastbone. That "Three Musketeers" look might be dandy with the ladies, but it's still cloth-other-than-Kevlar to bullets.

(That said, I can't bring myself to give up my jaunty hat - probably going to pay for that, later.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo