Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Obsidian on Glitchy Games

An interview with Feargus Urquhart on NowGamer includes frank comments from the Obsidian CEO about the developer's reputation for buggy releases, though he oddly conflates bugs with enjoyment: "I think it's fair and unfair at the same time, because in the same conversation that I hear how buggy KOTOR and Alpha Protocol were, I also hear how great they were." He discusses this in relation to their last and next releases: "Now in the case of Fallout: New Vegas, we made a gigantic game, and I'm proud with what we were able to do but I wish it wasn't as glitchy when it came out. The criticisms people had are fair but it's difficult to get a game the size of New Vegas bug free. But that's an excuse and it doesn't matter when someone's paid $60 for a game. It's something we need to work on," he explains. "From the standpoint of Dungeon Siege III, we've been working very hard to make sure it doesn't happen again. We've been playing and playing and playing and playing to ensure it's of a high standard. On top of this, this is the first time we've got to use our own technology on something, which means we know where to find the bad bugs from the start!" Thanks PC Gamer.

View
16. Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games May 9, 2011, 16:25 Acleacius

PropheT wrote on May 9, 2011, 15:53:
Fallout 3 was far, far better than New Vegas in my opinion actually, and I never had the game breaking bugs I had with NV. ....... I don't know of anyone else's games that you buy that guaranteed to be as broken as theirs are on release.
How long did Bethesda have to develop Oblivion, compared to Obsidian on NV?

Secondly did you notice the difference Obsidian actually tried to make quests with choices that matter? Also do you have any idea how much work, quests that actually effect the world take to test.

If you really prefer Bethesda's brand of Hollow quests and Dialogs, then you probably just aren't a fan of RPGs, maybe action RPGs are more your style.

Do you actually complain there aren't enough RPGs to play? Then blame the developer when they are only given the same amount of time it takes to make an action RPG, like Creston?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 9, 13:45 Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Bludd
  3. May 9, 13:48  Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games nin
  14. May 9, 16:11  Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Ruffiana
  2. May 9, 13:47 Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Creston
  4. May 9, 13:55  Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Warskull
  6. May 9, 13:59   Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Acleacius
  9. May 9, 14:24    Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games TheEmissary
  10. May 9, 14:55     Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Fion
  13. May 9, 15:53      Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games PropheT
>> 16. May 9, 16:25       Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games Acleacius