Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 Footage Leaked?

This YouTube trailer is purportedly leaked footage of Grand Theft Auto V, said to show a setting around Honolulu, Hawaii. It's hard to evaluate the clip, as it's so shaky and out of focus it looks like it was shot within a storage container as it rolled down a mountain. In the end, this is such a mess it doesn't seem to matter much whether it's authentic or not. Thanks PC Games.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 10, 2011, 09:15 nin

(had a grainy look to it)

I believe there's a graphical setting on the 360 that's turned on by default on the Episodes disc. I noticed it too when I started, turned it off, and it looked like regular GTA4 at that point.

So check the settings.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 10, 2011, 03:10 Jackplug

Its gotta be bullshit alert, who these days has a shitty camera on their phone...  

29. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 17:59 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on May 9, 2011, 11:42:
nin wrote on May 9, 2011, 09:23:
Not sure if it was as noticeable on the PC version, but: you'd get a small handful of different cars that would just spawn in different colours. Every once in awhile a new type would show up. Even "rare" sports cars got this treatment, you'd just suddenly see them everywhere. Presumably they did this to save memory, but it was odd to see in action.

I always seem to find more of the car I happen to be driving at the time. Figured it was the way the game allowed you to switch from a damaged to undamaged car, mid mission...

Nah, it had to do with the limited amount of texture memory they had available. Spawning the same car over and over again allowed them to have more vehicles on the road, otherwise the towns would have been practically empty.

Creston

So I am not the only one that noticed the DLC and addons were kind of "washed out" am I? I also noticed that the lack of higher detail (had a grainy look to it) actually gave huge jumps in performance (for the xbox at least).

Anyone else notice that? It is more obvious in the biker gang addon - which I REALLY enjoyed.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

28. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 11:42 Creston

nin wrote on May 9, 2011, 09:23:
Not sure if it was as noticeable on the PC version, but: you'd get a small handful of different cars that would just spawn in different colours. Every once in awhile a new type would show up. Even "rare" sports cars got this treatment, you'd just suddenly see them everywhere. Presumably they did this to save memory, but it was odd to see in action.

I always seem to find more of the car I happen to be driving at the time. Figured it was the way the game allowed you to switch from a damaged to undamaged car, mid mission...

Nah, it had to do with the limited amount of texture memory they had available. Spawning the same car over and over again allowed them to have more vehicles on the road, otherwise the towns would have been practically empty.

Creston

27. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 09:47 InBlack

Red Dead Redemption for the PC. Pretty please.  

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 09:23 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

25. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 08:58 Creston

Looks fake as shit. The first "foto" looks to be lifted straight from Vice City, and the driving around bit looks exactly like the countryside in GTA-SA.

Creston

24. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 08:12 Stolk

Halo wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:30:
I love how the comments are pretty much "I cant see anything at all...... BUT here's exactly what it looks like."

Apparantly you don't have eyeballs.

23. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 03:49 Suddenly_Dead

Halo wrote on May 8, 2011, 20:52:
The 360 gave me some problems, Like flying down a street making a hard turn then crashing into the back of a car because it didn't render yet was kind of annoying here and there.

A hard drive install helps the pop-in a bit.

22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 9, 2011, 03:31 entr0py

It is baffling that 2K isn't more keen on funding PC ports, it seems like a good way to print some free money. It makes me wonder what Rockstar Toronto is working on right now; they're the ones behind the GTA IV PC port.  

21. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 01:43 Fion

I think they will port LA Noire for one simple reason. It looks like a thinkers game and gods know the average console player has the attention span of a small child. If something isn't blowing up every minute or two the game isn't worth playing. So I foresee pretty poor sales for the game, though having Rockstar behind it will certainly help.  

20. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 01:17 Jerykk

Pretty sure rockstar says things like that everytime they release a GTA game for console first (dating back to GTA 3). And what do you know, a year or two later it hits the PC.

Except the GTA games weren't ported a year or two later. They were all ported 6-7 months later. It's already been 10 months since RDR was released and there hasn't even been any announcement of a PC version yet.

You forgot to mention they said "at this time" and that they already got an approval from ESRB for a PC version (which rockstar then tried to hide).

They always say "at this time" in order to leave open the possibility of plans changing. However, that doesn't mean the plans will actually change. As for the ESRB rating, it's entirely possible that they were planning on having a PC version but decided to cut it. The ESRB doesn't actually play through each version of they game, they just view footage, screenshots and content descriptions provided by the publisher.

Make no mistake, I'd love to see RDR and LA Noire on PC. I'm just not getting my hopes up. Rockstar's ports have been pretty lackluster over the past few years and I believe their sales reflected that.

19. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 00:46 siapnar

Lol, nice metaphor Blue.  

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

18. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 23:54 Dev

Jerykk wrote on May 8, 2011, 22:59:
I imagine red dead redemption is first on the port list to PC. Rockstar often waits a year or two to port to PC.

I don't think RDR or LA Noire are coming to the PC. Rockstar explicitly said that they have no plans for a PC version of LA Noire. http://www.thegamerbuzz.com/rockstar-confirms-fate-of-la-noire-on-pcmac
Pretty sure rockstar says things like that everytime they release a GTA game for console first (dating back to GTA 3). And what do you know, a year or two later it hits the PC.
BTW, that article you linked? You forgot to mention they said "at this time" and that they already got an approval from ESRB for a PC version (which rockstar then tried to hide).
I think those things outweigh any PR/marketing doublespeak trying to keep from breaking the news before any official announcements. Kinda like how sony always says NO WAY NEVER NO we won't be dropping price on PS3 right up until a couple days before the drop the price.

17. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 23:48 DangerDog

Without GTA IV on the PC Microsoft wouldn't have any player numbers to report for Games for Windows Live.  

16. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 22:59 Jerykk

I imagine red dead redemption is first on the port list to PC. Rockstar often waits a year or two to port to PC.

I don't think RDR or LA Noire are coming to the PC. Rockstar explicitly said that they have no plans for a PC version of LA Noire. http://www.thegamerbuzz.com/rockstar-confirms-fate-of-la-noire-on-pcmac

15. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 22:36 Dev

Blue,
You have such a nice turn of phrase. Please don't ever stop. Its often more fun to read the bits you write about a link than the actual link itself

Fion wrote on May 8, 2011, 19:38:
First however we need a PC version of LA Noire!

14. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 21:47 Drayth

hahaha

BluesNews is becoming a tabloid??!

"Face of Jesus Spotted Reflecting From a Lake in Skyrim!"

"Tablet Found in Rage Predicts the End of the World.. April 1'st, 2013!!"

13. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 21:36 mag

That is hilarious.  

12. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 20:52 Halo

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 8, 2011, 20:16:
Fion wrote on May 8, 2011, 19:38:
Well if it is true, I hope that they got the bugs worked out from the new engine. GTA IV was crazy buggy with some game breakers. I have yet to finish the game to this day because of bugs like disappearing environments and deformed terrain.

First however we need a PC version of LA Noire!

Really? Played through 2x on pc nd 2x on xbox 360 - never had a game breaker. Ran into some goofy things, but nothing I couldn't get around.

The biggest complaint was one of the later missions, getting to the warehouse was fine, battling through was fine, getting on the roof was fine, but jumping into the water from the helo and getting into the boat before they blew you up with rockets was infuriating!!!!!!!

The 360 gave me some problems, Like flying down a street making a hard turn then crashing into the back of a car because it didn't render yet was kind of annoying here and there.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo