Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

TDU2 Free DLC Released?

The Test Drive Unlimited 2 DLC that was promised for free to make up for bugs in the racing sequel is now available for Windows, and coming soon to consoles, according to Joystiq. They do not say where to find it, and it's not mentioned by the Test Drive Unlimited 2 Website or the TDU2 Forums, but perhaps this is one of those automatic update dealies.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 9, 2011, 03:14 eRe4s3r

Driving still feels like crap so meh.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 8, 2011, 23:50 Dev

Blue,
were=where

5. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 8, 2011, 22:11 vermin

HoSpanky wrote on May 8, 2011, 19:31:
but when the game suggests I need to go get plastic surgery, it's getting too far from the point of the game. Altho picking up hitchhikers with the post-op bandages all over my character's head was disturbingly hilarious.

everything is hilarious with the bandages! plastic surgery rocks

4. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 8, 2011, 21:25 Bumpy

So does this patch make the cars more sim handling?
Also, is the camera view hack by Racer_S still working?

3. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 8, 2011, 19:31 HoSpanky

I agree with Jerykk, the Sims collection garbage is annoying, as is the unskippable and abysmally bad voice-over intro to each race.

Once you get past the first couple HOURS of that sort of crap, the game lets you do what you want: drive around and find races. The always-online portion of the game is pretty neat, and more than just "look, there's someone else to race":

I was driving around in my starting car at night, working on getting major roads unlocked so I could jump back to them if a race showed up nearby. I came up over a hill and the road veered to the right sharper than I had anticipated, and my car slid into the oncoming lane. Wouldn't you know it, there was a car there, and it was a cop. There's no car damage in the game other than superficial, but the head-on with the cop caused me to be marked as "wanted". I figured hey, ok, run from a couple cops and OH.
OH NO.
All the other players within 5 miles of me were notified as well. Not only that, but they're given the choice to chase me down for a reward. This was unexpected, and did not end well for me.

No Sims-like crap in sight.

So it's not ALL bad. The focus on your driver is distracting, but the game world is huge and fun to explore. I LIKE the idea of having to find a car dealer that sells the car you want, instead of just picking from a list. I like having to buy houses with enough garage space to HOLD all your cars. I didn't mind picking an avatar, but when the game suggests I need to go get plastic surgery, it's getting too far from the point of the game.

Altho picking up hitchhikers with the post-op bandages all over my character's head was disturbingly hilarious.

2. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 8, 2011, 19:15 Jerykk

I'm not really sure why they decided to mix The Sims with racing. A complete waste of resources that would have been better devoted to the actual racing components of the game.  

1. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Released? May 8, 2011, 18:00 pacefalm

It is part of the patch that I am downloading now. It was announced officially in the TDU forums here with a list of fixes and additions.

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=51329

And also hi everyone This is my first post on here.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo