Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Legal Briefs

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 9, 2011, 11:03 Verno

You're are just an uniformed liar, and now blocked.

This is amusing considering the source.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. No subject May 9, 2011, 01:26 AnointedSword

Let the gov in just a bit and you will have taxes,BS, etc...BTW, Al stole the elections! I dare you to research it.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 22:05 zirik

mag wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:47:
If you move, you can give the USPS $1 to forward all of your mail from your old address to your new address for a year. When they receive mail addressed to someone that has their mail being redirected, they also send notice to the party that sent it. That's all that statement is referring to. It is an optional service.

thats just one example of how marketers can use the list service of the USPS. that crap about not keeping a database and not selling your information is a lie. they print the address labels by the hundreds of thousands for the junk mails that they deliver. dont tell me a person has to input those each and every time.

13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:47 mag

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:34:
Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:26:
I built my own house. There was no previous owners. I get no junk mail from Valu-Pak or anyone, as I opted out many many years ago. If what you say were remotely true, the USPS would be sued by everyone and their brother for violation of their privacy policy. You're are just an uniformed liar, and now blocked.

lol. go to this link. and read the second paragraph and see who is a liar.

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/addressing/addressList.htm

The Postal Service does not keep a database of residential or business customers and does not sell address lists. However, the Postal Service has products and services that help mailers check and standardize their addresses (for instance, whether 123 MAIN is a ST, AVE, or DR) and keep their lists up to date (for example, providing ancillary services to let mailers know if addressees have moved).

now try and explain to anyone how the USPS can offer services to verify the accuracy of address lists if they do not maintain a database. they are selling your information if not directly. its a loophole in their own privacy policy. marketer buys obsolete list from third party and then goes to the USPS for an update. its not free.

If you move, you can give the USPS $1 to forward all of your mail from your old address to your new address for a year. When they receive mail addressed to someone that has their mail being redirected, they also send notice to the party that sent it. That's all that statement is referring to. It is an optional service.

12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:34 zirik

Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:26:
I built my own house. There was no previous owners. I get no junk mail from Valu-Pak or anyone, as I opted out many many years ago. If what you say were remotely true, the USPS would be sued by everyone and their brother for violation of their privacy policy. You're are just an uniformed liar, and now blocked.

lol. go to this link. and read the second paragraph and see who is a liar.

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/addressing/addressList.htm

The Postal Service does not keep a database of residential or business customers and does not sell address lists. However, the Postal Service has products and services that help mailers check and standardize their addresses (for instance, whether 123 MAIN is a ST, AVE, or DR) and keep their lists up to date (for example, providing ancillary services to let mailers know if addressees have moved).

now try and explain to anyone how the USPS can offer services to verify the accuracy of address lists if they do not maintain a database. they are selling your information if not directly. its a loophole in their own privacy policy. marketer buys obsolete list from third party and then goes to the USPS for an update. its not free.

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/addressing/checkingAccuracy.htm

Address List Correction Service. You can submit a printout of your list to the Postal Service and we will mark any changes. There is a fee for this service. It is available through your Address Management System Office.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2011, 21:46.

11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:26 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:21:
Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:18:
I guess you can't read. "We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties."

i guess you are gullible AND cant read. ever wonder why you get junk mail named after individuals who used to live in your address? thats because the marketing firm who sent it does not have the most current opt out list. keep quoting that USPS website. even they wont admit to selling your address to marketing firms.

10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:21 zirik

Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:18:
I guess you can't read. "We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties."

i guess you are gullible AND cant read. ever wonder why you get junk mail named after individuals who used to live in your address? thats because the marketing firm who sent it does not have the most current opt out list. keep quoting that USPS website. even they wont admit to selling your address to marketing firms.

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:18 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:09:
Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 20:21:
This is actually where junk mail comes from and how you can get rid of it.

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm

the companies listed there get their mailing lists from the USPS. they buy bulk mailing permits and address database from the USPS. commercial printers hired by those marketing firms deliver junk mail by the pallets to USPS processing centers which inkjet mailing labels before sending them out. if you think opting out will remove you from the junk mail list then you are wrong. not all direct marketers buy up to date database with the most current list of opt out consumers.

8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:09 zirik

the companies listed there get their mailing lists from the USPS. they buy bulk mailing permits and address database from the USPS. commercial printers hired by those marketing firms deliver junk mail by the pallets to USPS processing centers which inkjet mailing labels before sending them out. if you think opting out will remove you from the junk mail list then you are wrong. not all direct marketers buy up to date database with the most current list of opt out consumers.

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 20:56 zirik

Not according to the USPS web site...

http://www.usps.com/privacyoffice/privacypolicy.htm

" Key aspects of our privacy policy include:

We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties.
We do not market other products or services to you without your consent.
We do not use web analysis tools (e.g., cookies) to identify you personally without your express consent.

i have worked in the marketing and publishing/print industry for almost 20 years. i know what goes on behind the scene to get your junk mail delivered. do you?

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 20:21 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 18:54:
ldonyo wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:38:
FYI, spam is related to unwanted email, something the Postal Service can barely grasp, let alone employ themselves.

not true. the postal service has a lot to do with junk mail. they offer services to direct marketers in the form of address database. they offer printing services of different types of address labels which contain information from database that they sell. they also offer logistics support in the form of storage facilities at various distribution centers across the country for junk mail.

Not according to the USPS web site...

http://www.usps.com/privacyoffice/privacypolicy.htm

" Key aspects of our privacy policy include:

We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties.
We do not market other products or services to you without your consent.
We do not use web analysis tools (e.g., cookies) to identify you personally without your express consent.
"

This comment was edited on May 8, 2011, 20:31.

5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 18:54 zirik

ldonyo wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:38:
FYI, spam is related to unwanted email, something the Postal Service can barely grasp, let alone employ themselves.

not true. the postal service has a lot to do with junk mail. they offer services to direct marketers in the form of address database. they offer printing services of different types of address labels which contain information from database that they sell. they also offer logistics support in the form of storage facilities at various distribution centers across the country for junk mail.

4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 18:47 zirik

LittleMe wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:09:
Just like the feds passed anti-spam laws but yet the postal service delivers more spam than anyone else.

the postal service maintains and sells one of the largest database of advertising leads to marketing agencies. the main source of income for the postal service does not come from selling stamps. its selling your personal information that they gain from simply delivering your bills and bank statements.

3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 17:38 ldonyo

LittleMe wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:09:
Except when you realize that NN serves primarily corporate interests in a government that's primarily run by corporations. It's not 'we the people' it's 'Them the corporations and government partnered in corporatism.' Keep believing the corporate and bipartisan propaganda that NN and DNT is out for your interests.

Ironic also how the 'do not track' is run by the feds who illegally track (spy) on us and don't care about our privacy. They spy on your income, spy on your medical records, spy on your travel, spy on your genitals, your phone calls and even your location from your phone. The list goes on. Just like the feds passed anti-spam laws but yet the postal service delivers more spam than anyone else.

How easy is it to deceive a populace with glowy sounding rhetoric?

Tinfoil hat a bit tight today?

Net Neutrality doesn't serves anyone's interests, which is its entire point. All bits are equal. ISPs are getting around this by employing data caps. What they won't be able to do with NN in place, however, is employ data caps for everyone else's services while not restricting any of their own offerings.

FYI, spam is related to unwanted email, something the Postal Service can barely grasp, let alone employ themselves. Direct Marketing, aka junk mail, on the other hand, is what you receive in the mail from the Postal Service.

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 17:09 LittleMe

Except when you realize that NN serves primarily corporate interests in a government that's primarily run by corporations. It's not 'we the people' it's 'Them the corporations and government partnered in corporatism.' Keep believing the corporate and bipartisan propaganda that NN and DNT is out for your interests.

Ironic also how the 'do not track' is run by the feds who illegally track (spy) on us and don't care about our privacy. They spy on your income, spy on your medical records, spy on your travel, spy on your genitals, your phone calls and even your location from your phone. The list goes on. Just like the feds passed anti-spam laws but yet the postal service delivers more spam than anyone else.

How easy is it to deceive a populace with glowy sounding rhetoric?

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. No subject May 8, 2011, 16:47 AnointedSword

Go Al Franken, keep pushing against the people. "We the people baby!" 2012 "we the people baby" will take over. Woot!:) Ok, rock on!:)  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo