Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP

A double XP weekend is now underway for Call of Duty: Black Ops, which will run through Tuesday morning. Here's word:

To celebrate their 10 millionth Facebook fan milestone, Treyarch is hosting a Double XP multiplayer weekend starting now and extending it through 8:00am Pacific, Tuesday, May 10. Anyone playing in multiplayer matches of Call of Duty: Black Ops will earn double XP rewards and level up.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 8, 2011, 16:42 4D-Boxing

Lag issues still exists. Patches improved things but I would not feel comfortable recommending the game. Don't expect the same fluid experience people got with COD4 online.

The game has other issues but those come down to the type of players it seems to attract.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 8, 2011, 15:26 RollinThundr

Jackplug wrote on May 8, 2011, 14:25:
what is cod mean again, ive forgot??

It's a type of fish. Oh and also a highly milked first person shooter franchise.

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 8, 2011, 14:25 Jackplug

what is cod mean again, ive forgot??  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 8, 2011, 08:01 SpectralMeat

entr0py wrote on May 8, 2011, 01:33:
But if you were expecting it to have gone down in price by now, prepare for disappointment. It's still $60 for the PC version.
Check here: NCIX

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 8, 2011, 07:38 Ledge

anyone still actually playing it ?  

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 8, 2011, 02:14 ChopperDan

bhcompy wrote on May 8, 2011, 01:54:
PS3 CODBO owners need not apply

Damn... You beat me to the punch!!

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 8, 2011, 01:54 bhcompy

PS3 CODBO owners need not apply  

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 8, 2011, 01:33 entr0py

JohnBirshire wrote on May 7, 2011, 20:50:
I played Modern Warfare 2 on the XBox for about 100 hours or so, really enjoyed it. I'd like to try a new CoD on the PC though, since mouse aiming is so superior.

Is lag an issue? Is it easy to find good games, do they have a decent online experience? I know there was a huge dedicated server issue with Modern Warfare 2.

Unlike MW2 it does have dedicated servers. It's also very easy to find games since it's still popular. But if you were expecting it to have gone down in price by now, prepare for disappointment. It's still $60 for the PC version.

3. removed May 7, 2011, 21:06 [VG]Reagle

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2011, 14:55.

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 7, 2011, 20:57 The Half Elf

Honestly I like the game better then MW2 multiplayer wise. It suffers from a lack of maps but is fairly solid.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP May 7, 2011, 20:50 JohnBirshire

I played Modern Warfare 2 on the XBox for about 100 hours or so, really enjoyed it. I'd like to try a new CoD on the PC though, since mouse aiming is so superior.

Is lag an issue? Is it easy to find good games, do they have a decent online experience? I know there was a huge dedicated server issue with Modern Warfare 2.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo