Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 15:08 Frijoles

crypto wrote on May 7, 2011, 22:59:
now, see... at first I didn't care about anon and kinda chuckled when I first heard about "the cause", but now I'm getting pissed off cuz, due to sony paranoia, this crap is getting dragged out longer then it needs to be.

Anonymous released a statement saying they didn't do this one. Someone from Anonymous may have, but they have no op going against Sony that they're aware of. Sony is just scapegoating them.. and it seems to be working.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 13:55 Dades

killer_roach wrote on May 8, 2011, 01:15:

You can use Netflix even with PSN down... I've been using it all this time.

Not everyone can. Many people are able to cancel through but others have tried and can't get it to work. You have to remember there are three different versions of the Netflix software for PSN unfortunately.

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 13:55 StingingVelvet

If I eventually get a console this gen it will still be the PS3. Lack of online multiplayer I would barely use anyway does not negate the fact that the PS3 has about 10 times more exclusives for a PC gamer than the 360 does.  

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 10:15 crypto

Fantastic, even during the downtime, the console still works just fine for everything except online gaming. Kinda like an intact 360 without a subscription.
+1

I got the PS3 because the old lady doesn't like the Xbox controller, but Bluray 1080 picture is awesome and the Linear PCM TrueHD surround sound makes my hair stand totally worth the money... oh and frisbee golf is keeping us entertained in the down time.

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 03:02 Jensen

The only reason I'm bummed about PSN being down is because I got the PS3 version of Portal 2 so I could unlock it for PC Steam.

I ended up playing through it on the PS3... oh well, it was fun anyways.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 02:56 Nucas

winnetou wrote on May 8, 2011, 02:48:
Fantastic, even during the downtime, the console still works just fine for everything except online gaming. Kinda like an intact 360 without a subscription.
hahahah seriously

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 02:48 winnetou

MrBone wrote on May 8, 2011, 01:49:
How's the old red ring of death comment working for you guys??

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 01:49 MrBone

How's the old red ring of death comment working for you guys??  

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 01:15 killer_roach

eunichron wrote on May 8, 2011, 00:49:
The only really sad part is this whole debacle made me realize I only use my PS3 for Netflix and Bluray... except for Netflix, which I can just use directly from my TV anyway, I haven't missed PSN one bit.

You can use Netflix even with PSN down... I've been using it all this time.

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 00:49 eunichron

The only really sad part is this whole debacle made me realize I only use my PS3 for Netflix and Bluray... except for Netflix, which I can just use directly from my TV anyway, I haven't missed PSN one bit.  

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 7, 2011, 22:59 crypto

now, see... at first I didn't care about anon and kinda chuckled when I first heard about "the cause", but now I'm getting pissed off cuz, due to sony paranoia, this crap is getting dragged out longer then it needs to be. Screw them and their juvenile vigilante B.S.! go attack the VCR department you bunch of lowlifes! I don't even care about the jailbreak cuz the whole reason I bought a console was because of cheaters on MW2... If I can have an even playing field on a game then I don't want "unlimited" access to the machine I'm playing on.  

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 7, 2011, 19:44 Tumbler

I'm surprised PSN being down has stopped online gaming so completely. I thought the PSN online straegy was more decentralized with each game or company providing their own services, I know this caused the friend list for each game to need to be created new...maybe this has long since changed.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 7, 2011, 16:52 zirik

at least sony finally provided what they should have done right from the start. identity theft protection service and access to credit data for 12 months.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo