Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2011, 14:03 Lit_Reflex001

If you don't care about the network being down, it is kind of amusing that they've hit Sony this hard.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2011, 00:57 Dades

If Sony is too inept to fend off DDoS attacks (something my budget web host manages on a daily basis) then I'm not sure they should be bringing PSN back up anyway.  

20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 21:53 sliv

With PSN seemingly on the verge of a return to service, worrying rumours have emerged online claiming that Sony is being targeted for a third PSN attack this weekend.

Really...what for? It's really funny how these morons inconsiderate people think they're such 'rock stars' by being annoying. Don't they have something else better to do, like maybe a job that contributes to society instead of irritating it.

19. No subject May 6, 2011, 20:56 AnointedSword

These little punks need a good spanking...They are lucky I do not hack or I would hack their systems for being total punks. Blue, you really need to think about giving these punks a voice.

Did I say punks enough?

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 20:42 Burrito of Peace

Suddenly_Dead wrote on May 6, 2011, 16:08:
He is being over-the-top, but neither the rootkit fiasco that he mentioned nor the PSN business are upsetting people over gaming. It's more about the loss of trust, theft of information, and all that.

Bingo. It was gratuitous hyperbole.

Leaking your customers' private data is never acceptable, the facts of how it was permitted is, at the very least, egregiously incompetent and the proceeding behavior by Sony was nothing short of contemptible.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 20:01 Golwar

Yeah, that insurance was a nice move. As well as the last announcement:

"We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four," writes Sony Computer Entertainment Europe communications head Nick Caplin. "We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon."

Sweet, considering that all damage that I experienced was the time offline.

There are also further news that Anonymous was likely involved.
http://bit.ly/k0XNBh

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 19:44 Dev

Creston wrote on May 6, 2011, 15:03:
I gotta say, taking out a 1 million dollar insurance policy on every PSN user is a good sign by Sony. I seriously doubt anyone will ever be able to claim any money, but even so, it's a good move for a company that's well known for just not giving a flying fuck about its customers.

Creston
Those were my thoughts too.

I mean there's a huge number of PS3s out there and every user who has his identity stolen in the next year could try and claim it. What if someone did it on purpose to get money? I can't imagine sony is going to make it easy on people to claim it.

Also, if they would have offered more than "hey here's some free crap bargain games oh and BTW, here's a link to that federally mandated free credit report that we don't have to pay for" to start with, maybe they wouldn't have needed to go to this extent. Like if they offered free credit monitoring services.

Edit:
Ah ok, here's more details on it:
https://www.allclearid.com/sony
Its a 3rd party thing that is normally $10 a month. I bet sony got a deal for it, maybe just $1 a user. I mean after all, its free advertising for this company, and a number of people are likely to pay for it after the sony prepaid service ends.
https://www.allclearid.com/legal/insurance
"expert assistance and financial relief up to $1,000,000, for identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses and lost wages."
I'm sure one would have to document and keep a log of every minute spent doing stuff. I'm sure they'd only pay lost wages if you could prove you actually lost wages from your company. They say an average victim spends 175 hours getting back identity. But I'm sure most of that is going to be not while working.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2011, 19:53.

15. No subject May 6, 2011, 19:24 AnointedSword

These little punks need a good spanking...They are lucky I do not hack or I would hack their systems for being total punks. Blue, you really need to think about NOT giving these punks a voice.

Did I say punks enough?

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 18:31 Creston

Raven wrote on May 6, 2011, 15:41:
I gotta say, taking out a 1 million dollar insurance policy on every PSN user is a good sign by Sony.
I gotta say that when I read your comment, I had to go back and read the headline. I seriously thought for a second there that Sony had taken out a life insurance policy on every PSN user.

Hehehe. Now that would have caused a major shitstorm.

Surprisingly, it's not actually illegal to do that, though you do need signed consent from the invididual before you can do so.

Creston

13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 17:56 nin

I suspect the mocap takes up a lot of room. Doesn't bother me, as I do a HD install on all my games anyway.

Preordered, waiting for it to ship. Can't wait.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 16:56 Cutter

Fuck Sony! Whatever! I do what I want!

LA Noire is on 3 discs? Wow, and it's only supposed to be a 20-30 hour game.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 16:18 Rhino

Suddenly_Dead wrote on May 6, 2011, 16:08:
He is being over-the-top, but neither the rootkit fiasco that he mentioned nor the PSN business are upsetting people over gaming. It's more about the loss of trust, theft of information, and all that.

Well, fair enough, as far as your specifics go. I kind of lumped them all into 'gaming' as it's attached to the PS3; but that was the wrong way to go in hindsight.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 16:08 Suddenly_Dead

Rhino wrote on May 6, 2011, 15:46:
The Advocate wrote on May 6, 2011, 14:30:
YES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Take that rusted barbed wire dildo up your ass a little farther, Sony! Don't you just love the feel of it? That's right, weep for Daddy.

Now you know how your customers felt when you dry fucked them in the ass with your rootkit bullshit.

More wretched was that you didn't even have the God damned common courtesy to give them a reach around.

If this is how you act over something so minor as gaming then I will extend my sympathies to your family early for their inevitable loss when you have an all out stroke or heart attack when something of genuine consequence to your basic needs takes place.

I'm not saying that you aren't permitted to be upset; but this over the top reaction comes across as silly more than it does sensible... or even genuine.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 15:46 Rhino

YES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Take that rusted barbed wire dildo up your ass a little farther, Sony! Don't you just love the feel of it? That's right, weep for Daddy.

Now you know how your customers felt when you dry fucked them in the ass with your rootkit bullshit.

More wretched was that you didn't even have the God damned common courtesy to give them a reach around.

If this is how you act over something so minor as gaming then I will extend my sympathies to your family early for their inevitable loss when you have an all out stroke or heart attack when something of genuine consequence to your basic needs takes place.

I'm not saying that you aren't permitted to be upset; but this over the top reaction comes across as silly more than it does sensible... or even genuine.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 15:41 Raven

I gotta say, taking out a 1 million dollar insurance policy on every PSN user is a good sign by Sony.
I gotta say that when I read your comment, I had to go back and read the headline. I seriously thought for a second there that Sony had taken out a life insurance policy on every PSN user.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2011, 16:04.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 15:03 Creston

I gotta say, taking out a 1 million dollar insurance policy on every PSN user is a good sign by Sony. I seriously doubt anyone will ever be able to claim any money, but even so, it's a good move for a company that's well known for just not giving a flying fuck about its customers.

Creston

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 15:02 killer_roach

YES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Your sense of propriety disturbs me profoundly. I sure hope you never make anyone angry.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 14:52 Creston

11 days to LA NOOOIIIIRRRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Party

Creston

4. removed May 6, 2011, 14:30 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 6, 2011, 19:59.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 12:15 ASeven

Meanwhile they've been subpoenaed by the state of NY. Things keep getting worse and worse for them, and from what I'm reading, they didn't update Apache nor had firewalls, they deserve all this shit for being sloppy with personal data. This hell they're going through was of their own making. And I do hope they catch the hackers while we're at it since both parties are completely in the wrong.

And to think if Sony had a better PR since this started they might have come out on top instead of the bottom of the barrel.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo