Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer

There's a link on the Bethesda Blog to a trailer from RAGE showing off five minutes of gameplay footage from id Software's upcoming first-person shooter. Here's word: "This time around, we take you into the Shrouded clan’s bunker with a mission to destroy the bomb caches." Below is the embedded clip.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: RAGE May 10, 2011, 10:32 descender

Is that acceptable though? We know that AA has taken a backseat because the consoles can't handle it at all... so are we accepting Rage as a console-ish port with no AA? I certainly won't buy it if that's the case.

I'm already borderline not buying "the witcher 2" because it only supports widescreen resolutions. Numerous emails to their support department have not confirmed or denied that for me yet, but they lost my pre-order money until I can confirm it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: RAGE May 8, 2011, 02:04 Jerykk

Can't imagine why they would demo the PC version with AA turned off.

Maybe the new engine doesn't support AA?

43. Re: RAGE May 7, 2011, 12:28 descender

I don't have any xbox controller buttons on my gamepad or keyboard, but ports keep telling me I do.

Can't imagine why they would demo the PC version with AA turned off.

42. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 13:22 SpectralMeat

DrEvil wrote on May 6, 2011, 12:28:
1) you're assuming this is a PC video version
It is the PC version, I don't think there are any "E" buttons on any console controllers.

Steam: SpectralMeat

41. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 12:28 DrEvil

Creston wrote on May 5, 2011, 12:03:
Dammit. That shitty weapon-switching technique is obviously also in the PC version. WTF, id? You practically INVENTED using 1-9 for weapons, why did you come up with this horseshit? Oh, right, because the Xbox doesn't have 1-9 keys, and you couldn't be arsed to make a PC UI.

1) you're assuming this is a PC video version

2) have you forgotten how the original half-life on the PC made you switch weapons?

40. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 09:01 Stolk

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2011, 00:36:
Looks like the opposite of CoD and a classic id game with fun gunplay, which makes me happy.

I wouldn't go that far. Classic id games were very fast run-and-gun shooters. This is a slow, cover-based shooter.

I would go that far. But thanks for commenting!

39. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 08:57 SpectralMeat

Brin wrote on May 6, 2011, 04:41:
I was unimpressed with this game until this trailer... this somehow looks like a lot of fun!

Same here

Steam: SpectralMeat

38. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 04:41 Brin

I was unimpressed with this game until this trailer... this somehow looks like a lot of fun!

37. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 04:14 Jerykk

healthpacks are fucking terrible for game design however when you consider save points and other such mechanics.

Not really sure what you mean. Are you suggesting that there should be no way of replenishing your health throughout the game?

36. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 04:00 Theo

Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2011, 20:04:
My favorite part is when he sprinted. I want to run and gun and grab the healthpack.

Thing is mate when dev houses make run and gun games, they get told that it is yesterdays gameplay

healthpacks are fucking terrible for game design however when you consider save points and other such mechanics.

/Theo

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

35. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 00:36 Jerykk

Looks like the opposite of CoD and a classic id game with fun gunplay, which makes me happy.

I wouldn't go that far. Classic id games were very fast run-and-gun shooters. This is a slow, cover-based shooter.

34. Re: RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer May 5, 2011, 23:41 Dades

Looks very fun, can't wait.  

33. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 22:22 Stolk

bigspender wrote on May 5, 2011, 22:04:
*crosses fingers for a co-op campaign mod*

It looks fun - what more do you want?

They want something to bitch about. And they find it.

32. Re: RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer May 5, 2011, 22:04 bigspender

*crosses fingers for a co-op campaign mod*

It looks fun - what more do you want?

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

31. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 21:36 Jerykk

Keep in mind that when people demo games, they intentionally look around slowly so as to make it look more cinematic. It also makes it easier to show off the environment and art.  

30. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 20:22 Kosumo

If they where playing that with a controller, why at 2.42 in does it say "E" (to push) open the door and at 3.02 "E' to put the red key in the door (that's so id).

I would say the aiming did look like it could of been a controller though. (or shit mouse set up)

29. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 20:14 The Half Elf

Game looks good, the AI looks boring as hell. Aren't each group of baddies suppose to have 'special' things they do? Instead of the typical id software baddies runs straight at you, they now just don't move and shoot at you (oh and they duck down behind boxes). I will say the guys trying to get away was nice, but other then that I really wasn't impressed. (edit) on second review they do a tad more then that but still, when the action starts and he deploy's the walking turret it's just not that impressive, anyone with decent FPS mouse/keyboard skills could have cleared that room in 10 seconds. The second part where the walking turret is deployed has more action then any of the baddies.
And the guy giving you the mission? He looks fine, and sounds passable, but all he does is stand there and move his arms and mouth. If you need to sell a scene to the player just go load up Half Life 2 and watch the scene in Dr Kleiner's lab. If you want to sell something to the player they have to 'feel' it. And he wasn't selling it.

And the driving part, so we just lock on to targets with huge flashing icons over their heads and fire off missiles until they hit? How are you even suppose to target them with the smoke trail covering up the cross-hairs? Isn't there some sort of aim-able turret on the truck?

Weapon sounds. What happened to id software? One of the best thing about their games was the weapons sounded like big, heavy, flesh ripping weapons. The machine gun sounds like a angry pneumatic staple gun.

Visually the game looks great, that has never been a problem for id software, but nothing in that video makes me want to buy it, even on a major Steam Xmas sale.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. Re: RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer May 5, 2011, 20:04 Sepharo

I know this is a demonstration but he had to sit and wait for his bots to be useful. I'd be miles ahead of them.

I'm tired of playing FPS designed for consoles. Gameplay should be fast and furious, not methodical plodding and crouching. My favorite part is when he sprinted. I want to run and gun and grab the healthpack.

27. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 19:30 Longswd

Watching that played with a controller was just painful. I couldn't even really enjoy the vid because the clunky controller play was too distracting.  
I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

26. Re: RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer May 5, 2011, 19:25 descender

I'm tired of pretending like the jagged lines don't bother me in these videos. Is it so much to ask that id (of all people) release some PC videos with cranked up graphics and some AA turned on? Yes id, you made it look and run great on the console, congratulations... but we all know this engine scales up way beyond anything the consoles can handle. I want to see that. I don't care about trying to figure out the gameplay from watching a video that will not represent my play experience whatsoever. I trust id to supply the fun, but for $60 they better show me something above and beyond what the console version of the game does.

... and NO DAMN JAGGIES.

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo