Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer

A new trailer from Duke Nukem Forever shows off Duke's bout with shrinkage in the upcoming first-person shooter sequel, presumably caused by the shrink ray, rather than cold water or juicing. Along the way the clip proves it's not the size of the Duke in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Duke. The embedded version follows.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 7, 2011, 09:31 Muscular Beaver

I can live with the not so great graphics, but wtf do they still have this instagib crap when squishing things or when shooting the rats? Looks like it was copied 1:1 from the 1996 game...  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 6, 2011, 09:23 Mr. Tact

Nice analogy, kanniballl.

The trailer seemed about as silly/stupid as all the others. *shrug* Different strokes for different folks.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 22:27 Stolk

What a wonderful time for video games. This year will bring us a little bit of everything, and it's awesome.  

11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 21:24 Quicksilver

This game looks awesome,seriously I cannot wait. Looks like it has all the style and environmental interactivity as the original.

Sure Crysis 2 looked awesome, but it was completely empty, painted with a fancy facade. The levels were littered with junk and all you could do was pick up trash and toss it around uselessly. Duke Nukem 3D had hundreds of items and environment objects you could interact with. Brought the entire world to life, made me want to learn how to build levels in Build3D.

Seriously, watch this trailer. In a world where every game is a copy of itself, what can compare to Duke?

10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 21:19 Suckage

It is Duke after all.  

9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 20:00 Lorcin

Meh in the extreme - seems to be aimed at 13 year olds.  

8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 18:26 nin

Ok, this was the first trailer that actually made me laugh.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 18:26 ventry

I would like to put George Brousard against the wall and have him shot for the complete "balls-up" Duke Forever has been for the last 12 years.
However this game has fun written all over it.
I'm game. I'm in GFX be damned.

6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 16:17 saluk

Lol trailer made me laugh. Classic Duke! Not quite instant pre-order but close. Thanks to gearbox for taking over and finishing the damn thing.  

5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 14:51 Cartman

reisub wrote on May 5, 2011, 11:43:
It's obviously an old game, but I like old games. Just a shame it will have a new price.

I've waited this long. I can wait until it hits the discount rack.

4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 12:04 kanniballl

Wildone wrote on May 5, 2011, 11:37:
I can see where 10+ years of dev went. Nowhere..

I imagine that it wasn't the full 10+ years, they probably threw out a lot of stuff as time went on. Heck they probably had at least 1 complete restart-from-scratch.

Do you really think they've been holding onto and using the code they wrote back when this was in the Quake 1 / Quake 2 era?

New engine, graphics, new algorithms, etc. The models alone probably had to be redone many times as the tech allowed for more advanced models with higher poly-counts.

That all being said, the trailers don't really make up for the X years of hype the game had.

It's like if your parents told you since you were 8 that they had something really special planned for your 18th birthday... and you got psyched up about it.

But they didn't decide on what to do until you were 16 where they felt they would just buy you a $1,000 USD used car on your 18th.

Sure it was a nice gift, but was hardly worth the 10 years of thinking about it. In your mind you were probably thinking of Carribean cruise or somehow renting a Corvette to drive around a controlled environment for a day or something big. All due to the hype alone.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2011, 15:00.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 11:46 nin

reisub wrote on May 5, 2011, 11:43:
It's obviously an old game, but I like old games. Just a shame it will have a new price.

See ya at the xmas Steam sale!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 11:43 reisub

1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 11:37 Wildone

I can see where 10+ years of dev went. Nowhere..  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo