Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Brink Trailer

The Bethesda Blog now offers the promised final installment in the series of "Get SMART" trailers from Brink, Splash Damage's first-person shooter that's due for release next week. Word is: "Today we conclude our Get SMART Series with a video providing strategies to survive Brink’s battlefield. Learn more about effectively using command posts, turrets, mines and more."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Brink Trailer May 6, 2011, 07:21 Titus

JaguarUSF wrote on May 5, 2011, 14:22:
Here are my questions/concerns:
2. Unlocks. How much stuff will people have when they start? How quickly will things unlock? WIll weapons unlock for all classes simultaneously? Will all classes get to use all weapons?

3. I'm interested in what the "challenges" are. Timed single-player tutorials or what?

Items and powers are unlocked by levelling, one of the videos said weapons will be unlocked by the challenges, (some of) which can be completed in co-op.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 16:54 Cutter

Verno wrote on May 5, 2011, 15:55:
House of Blues is probably the safest option, I think we'll go with that

Sweet, cheers Vern. And I've been playing CS last couple of weeks trying to get my skills back, but I'm still rusty and probably going to get owned hard on this for a while. Still I think this is going to be a heap of fun. Can't really recall the last time I was this stoked about an FPS.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 16:54 Bucky

I'll definitely drop in, just so I can show all of you how to properly catch a bullet with your teeth.  

13. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 15:55 Verno

House of Blues is probably the safest option, I think we'll go with that  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

12. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 15:45 Cutter

Verno wrote on May 5, 2011, 14:07:
No idea what to call it, any ideas?

Off the top of my head? House of Blues? Blue's Brigade? the Brink of Blues?

11. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 15:08 JaguarUSF

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2011, 14:36:
you had to hold down the middle mouse button to bring up the menu then just move the mouse around to select the suit power

That's what I envision. I am more concerned about the four directional buttons used for special abilities (heal, turret, molotov). I'm sure they will simply just assign them to Q and E and F and the like.

10. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 14:36 SpectralMeat

I was thinking about that objective wheel also how that will work, but actually Crysis had similar thing with the suit abilities. If I remember correctly you had to hold down the middle mouse button to bring up the menu then just move the mouse around to select the suit power. I believe those powers could also be preset to buttons instead of the menu stuff.

I think that wheel menu will work similarly in Brink, but that is just what I think, we will find out next week.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 14:22 JaguarUSF

Here are my questions/concerns:

1. How much of a gimmick is SMART, and how much is it useful? I could see it radically impacting the game in a positive manner, with people coming in from previously inaccessible angles, or just being "oh you press a button instead of using a crate to jump up there". Sliding looks neat, though.

2. Unlocks. How much stuff will people have when they start? How quickly will things unlock? WIll weapons unlock for all classes simultaneously? Will all classes get to use all weapons?

3. I'm interested in what the "challenges" are. Timed single-player tutorials or what?

4. Map size. I suspect it's going to be a linear progression like the ETQW maps were (one objective after another).

5. Integrating single and multiplayer seems cool: pulling down people to replace bots in your game if desired (Shogun 2 did this, kinda).

6. The effect of body types. Just speed/climbing ability/damage?

7. The dynamic objective wheel might be cool.

8. PC controls. Specifically, how the objective wheel is going to work on a keyboard.

9. I think letting people use revive syringes whenever instead of paddling someone and having them become immediately shot (ahem, Battlefield) is neat.

10. Bots

8. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 14:10 SpectralMeat

Blue's moshpit  

7. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 14:07 Verno

No idea what to call it, any ideas?  

6. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 14:00 Cutter

Ahh weet, good on ya Vern. Got a name for it yet?

Also just wanted to chime in to say it was nice to see a little but of the Aquarium in this film. That's the area I'm most stoked to check out.

5. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 13:59 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:50:
I'll be hosting a Bluesnews public server so we'll see Cutter, we shall see.
Be sure to post the info for the server next week so I can shoot Cutter in the face

4. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 13:50 Verno

I'll be hosting a Bluesnews public server so we'll see Cutter, we shall see.  

3. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 13:33 Cutter

I am so going to shoot you all in the face!

2. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 13:04 Rhett

Indeed! The past year seemed so short in comparison to the week leading up to its release. =X  

1. Re: Brink Trailer May 5, 2011, 11:22 nin

gimmie gimmie gimmie!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo