Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2011, 20:03 space captain

Who is Osama bin Laden?

the scapegoat du jour

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2011, 17:04 kanniballl

I could see parents sheltering their 3-5 year old kids about the whole Osama / 9-11 / extremist / etc thing

And to be honest, after some point the news just stopped talking about him. Eventually they talked about him as much as a lot of foreign politicians and heads of state that I wouldn't know much about.

That ALL being said, unless they were around 1999 they should at least know the basics.

It's not like it was the USS Cole bombing, which a number of civilians never really cared about. This was a big flippin' deal that was talked about for years, cost a lot of lives, and a big US landmark.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2011, 16:24 PropheT

Prez wrote on May 4, 2011, 13:33:
I'm not sure if I would have known who Osama Bin Laden was if I was 15 or 16 ten years after 9/11. And I turned out... sort of okay.

My kids are 14 and 15, and have grown up during the wars and political climate that have been the aftermath of Bin Laden. I honestly don't even know how it would be possible to grow up in this country over the last ten years and still not know who he is. It would require a level of oblivious apathy that's hard to even imagine.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2011, 13:33 Prez

I'm not sure if I would have known who Osama Bin Laden was if I was 15 or 16 ten years after 9/11. And I turned out... sort of okay.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2011, 11:19 Rattlehead

lol@american teenagers. Oh man what a bunch of dumb, ignorant mouth-breathing morons. This country is FUCKED.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2011, 11:05 nin

Who is Osama bin Laden?

Wow. Just wow...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo