Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 14:12 avianflu

"it's not like they forgot to do one thing and whoopsies."

well said Verno

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 13:37 Drazula

I blame Sony for the same reason I blame the guy who leaves his key in the ignition.

Also, when it comes to their copyrighted material, Sony has shown it will go to extra lengths to protect them, including illegal rootkits. But customer data... no, that is wide open and unencrypted.

Real good Sony! Grrr....

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 09:30 Verno

It's like those utter morons who say "anyone can get hacked" when they have no real understanding of how these things happen and that they are generally preventable. It takes a series of systematic failures to get to where we are, it's not like they forgot to do one thing and whoopsies. When you manage this kind of data, you are responsible for safe keeping it. There are no good guys here.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 07:47 InBlack

AnointedSword wrote on May 3, 2011, 22:21:
Funny how we focus more on the good guys rather than the bad guys these days. Yes, maybe things were not perfect at Sony,but how about getting the person or persons that did this? This really shows the lack of common sense and morals people have today. Blame the good guy no matter what. Laughable...

Sony the good guys? Did I miss something? So what is it exactly that makes them good? Is it the huge profit that they make because they employ cheap (almost slave) labour in China and Indonesia? Maybe its the huge security holes in their network that werent filled because of incompetence and cost saving?

Maybe there is a command in the Bible "Thou shalt make tons of green in a corporate setting" that I missed...

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 02:17 winnetou

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2011, 00:14:
They're arrogance
I usually just twitch at occasions like this in comments/forum posts, but this one took it a step beyond the usual.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 00:14 Cutter

Yeah, because it's not like corporations who have an obligation to protect their customers privacy ever get lazy and complacent and cut corners to pad the bottom line. And how after the first attack they should have been scrambling to make sure everything else was secure - but didn't. Sony has always been arrogant - not to mention drastically overpriced and greedy - which is why I never support them where possible. However, you classifying Sony as good guys is even more laughable. They're arrogance finally bit them in the ass and it's long overdue.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 3, 2011, 22:25 nin

Funny how we focus more on the good guys rather than the bad guys these days. Yes, maybe things were not perfect at Sony,but how about getting the person or persons that did this? This really shows the lack of common sense and morals people have today. Blame the good guy no matter what. Laughable...

Yes. I'm sure the feds are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs right now.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. No subject May 3, 2011, 22:21 AnointedSword

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo