Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Dead Meets Lead

Keldyn Interactive announces the release of Dead Meets Lead via digital distribution, as the single-player zombie-slaying game is now available on Desura, Direct2Drive, and GamersGate (and eventually on Impulse, though it's not listed there yet). The Challenge is the recently launched demo for the game, and there's a launch trailer on the game's official website. Here's word on the game from Keldyn Interactive CEO Fredrik Norén:

We wanted to create something new, challenging and entertaining. This is it. Dead Meets Lead is all about being challenged, being empowered to overcome that challenge and then, after a hard battle, beating the challenge. All wrapped in a casing of good old zombie slaughter to the max and set in an intriguing 18th century environment on the mystic Caribbean island of El Mirando. We are very proud and excited with this game, and we hope players will feel the same.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Meets Lead May 4, 2011, 09:04 Thenetcase

I couldn't agree more... it's so stupid how many retarded zombie games are on the market. I almost spewed when I read the whole "we wanted to create something new" line. How absurd. That'd be like me making a racing game and saying, "I wanted to make something new so I made a game about fast cars. But not just any fast cars... ones that WIN and beat the CHALLENGE". That's not "new" or "creative". That's just rehashing the same (successful) market as thousands of other games have.
I personally can't stand zombie crap. It's waay over saturated. Kind of like WWII games. But at the very least, don't claim to be creative or original and then announce a zombie killing game. Maybe a zombie cuddling game or a "my pet zombie" game could somehow be construed as original, but not one where you do anything violent to a zombie.

Just my two cents.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Meets Lead May 4, 2011, 03:25 Jerykk

There's nothing wrong with using zombies in your games. The problem is that developers are completely missing the point of zombie fiction. Zombie fiction has never been about killing endless waves of zombies. Hell, it's never even been about the zombies. It's about the survivors and how they cope with the complete breakdown of society. Zombies are simply the catalyst of this breakdown. They could just as easily be replaced with aliens, demons or a natural disaster.

The only game that seems to get it is Dead State.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Meets Lead May 3, 2011, 15:48 Cartman

We wanted to create something new so we created another cookie cutter zombie game.

I think these game developers are the zombies.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo