Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 4, 2011, 02:47 Lit_Reflex001

Your mistaken. Japanese graphics don't become quirky the more graphics technology increases.

Japanese graphics are very shitty to begin with and have been for years. If you don't know what I'm talking about your hopeless.

Give them new technology and they'll give you old tech's graphics. Like I said, whenever I see a Japanese game the environmental texture detail looks like something out of a Playstation 2 game.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Though graphics don't determine the success of a product. If their games are failing it's for other reasons.

There's plenty of Xbox 360 games with shitty graphics.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Consolidation, Japanese games May 3, 2011, 11:22 swedishfriend

So dude who runs Nintendo wasn't saying that Japanese games have worse graphics. He was saying that as graphics get better we notice the different cultural quirks more. I am not sure that cultural quirks are a big hurdle especially if you take that into account when making your game.

I feel like games of any genre tend to have better controls in the USA. There is less to get in the way of the gameplay. More playtesting here I bet. Bad dubbing doesn't help. More competitive gameplay in US games. Those stand out more to me.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation May 2, 2011, 22:29 PropheT

I really don't think it's graphics keeping Japanese games back.

Unlike ten years ago there's a lot more choices now where we can play something where the developers have learned from the last decade of game development,rather than playing yet another rehash of old game mechanics filled with incomprehensible storyline and ridiculous characters that people who have never worn a Sailor Moon costume can't relate to.

Nintendo needs to realize that it's not their graphics that have caused people to stray away from them (again), it's that they keep releasing the same games in new packaging after slapping on a slightly different control scheme, and then call it a payday.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation May 2, 2011, 22:03 Dades

Harmonix: There's 'A Lot of Life Left' in Rock Band.

Not like their jobs depend on that being true or anything.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 2, 2011, 21:42 crypto

speaking of beta codes...  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 2, 2011, 20:57 Lit_Reflex001

Japanese graphics have sucked ass for longer than 3 or 4 years. I hate it when a Japanese developer gets their hands on an Unreal 3 license. They always produce shit graphics and the environmental texture detail looks like something off the Playstation 2.

With the exception of Resident Evil 5, which I thought was a pretty kick-ass engine.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo