Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's tough to figure out the actual impact the death of Bin Laden will be at this point, but for all our sakes, I sincerely hope that it puts the world on track to be a safer and saner place going forward than it's been for the past decade.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Pokemon Tower Defense.
Links: The 6 Most Terrifying Historical Car Races.
Stories: Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid.
'The Hobbit'- Peter Jackson's Facebook Update Gives Cast News.
Science: Can You Be Fit and Fat? Thanks Naatorama.
News Caption FAILS.
Springfield Punx- It's...Gordon Freeman.
Media: Proximity in Spain. Thanks Jim.
Star Trek vs Batman - Part 1 and Part 2.
Batmobile FAIL.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

60. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2011, 12:04 Verno

That about sums him up for the rest of us too, don't worry Prez  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 23:35 Prez

Whatever Kosumo - I'm sure that rambling garbage makes sense to you. For my part, I'll just concede you're a retard and be done.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 21:07 Kosumo

Like I'm simply incompatible with the modern day because I lack the ability to speak in gross generalizations and ridiculous extremes and actually believe the crap I spew.

Form a guy who posted this only 10 hours ago

You are seriously equating people celebrating the death of a bloodthirsty savage killer with Muslims celebrating the deaths of innocent men women and children who never did a thing to them?

It's OK, they will still be making CoD games for you in 10 years, don't give up on us now, the best CoD will be like CoD 26 like Wrestlemania!

57. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 20:30 Jensen

No, I'm equating people dancing in the streets with people dancing in the streets.
The cause doesn't matter - any time we're shown people doing it overseas we scoff at it.
Huh? Only the cause matters. I'm fine with people dancing in the streets. Who has a problem with people dancing in the streets?

56. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 19:59 Prez

Honestly, sometimes I read drek like what Kosumo and others posted here and just think that I've really lived too long. Like I'm simply incompatible with the modern day because I lack the ability to speak in gross generalizations and ridiculous extremes and actually believe the crap I spew.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

55. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 18:10 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on May 3, 2011, 04:33:
Its hard to say what exactly was Osama's beef with the US. Im guessing it had very little to do with actual religion or politics, and more to do with revenge, money and power.

It was always chiefly the U.S. presence in Saudi Arabia.

Roughly like stationing Iranians in Vatican City.

54. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 16:45 Kosumo

Did not He just get the standard C.I.A. retirement plan for their non-American agents?

So if crowds of people in the middle east start celebrating in the streets when some 'terrorist' kill US soldiers on patrol in Iraq, you would be fine with that Prez because the are not innocent men.

There has been plenty on innocent men women and children who never did a thing to them, killed by the US Army after all.

As for xXBatmanXx calling him a coward when the US like to sit in a room at home and fly their un-manned drones to kill people .... well that's rich. I'm sure with equility of arms he would have been happy to fight on a more open standard Battlefield, but someone had trained him to fight asymetical warfare instead, I wonder who that was?

I've never believe this has been about religon, but politics and the way he felt the Americans had controlled and used other countries and people.

53. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 16:09 Beamer

Or the news. All people talk about right now is the British Wedding and the Birther movement.

Both signs of us being morons.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

52. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 16:04 Beamer

Osama is great symbolically, but realistically he was just one head of an infinitely large hydra.

As a member of the Great State of Ohio, I can safely say the majority of Americans are uncouth, classless morons.

Yes. I've said this in virtually every place I've lived, but believe it more now that I'm in Ohio as well.

Anyone disagreeing just needs to look at the Top 40 music hits.

-------------

51. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 15:41 PHJF

To hear you guys speak, you and Cutter are the enlightened minority and every other American is an uncouth and classless moron

Do you not get out much?

As a member of the Great State of Ohio, I can safely say the majority of Americans are uncouth, classless morons.

And it's malarkey, you saucy tart.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

50. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 13:21 Prez

I'm sorry, but context absolutely does matter. I'm not one for vocally and visibly celebrating anything, but the fact that a murderous monster has been put down may well be reason for someone else to celebrate, and to even imply that it is any way equatable to people rioting after a soccer game or cheering the deaths of innocents is ignorant in my view. Celebrating in the streets in and of itself shouldn't bother anyone, but there's a galaxy's worth of difference here whatever you try to say in order to make Americans fit your demonic vision of them.

Honestly, I really don't know what your even trying to point out here - I haven't heard any people around me belittle any other countries about anything. To hear you guys speak, you and Cutter are the enlightened minority and every other American is an uncouth and classless moron. If that gives you guys the feeling of superiority you need to make it through your day, then more power to you. But Every time I hear you guys ramble on about how Americans (except you I guess, assuming either of you are American) are idiots and just suck oh so bad I just get more and more confused. Apparently you are seeing what I am not, or you're making the minority into the whole to suit your own ends.

- Mahatma Gandhi

49. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 12:42 Beamer

You are seriously equating people celebrating the death of a bloodthirsty savage killer with Muslims celebrating the deaths of innocent men women and children who never did a thing to them? Really?

No, I'm equating people dancing in the streets with people dancing in the streets.
The cause doesn't matter - any time we're shown people doing it overseas we scoff at it. Be it people in Afghanistan supposedly cheering dead civilians, people in Greece throwing molotav cocktails at a failing government, people in Brazil tearing down walls over a soccer game - whatever. We mock them and say we're too sophisticated for such things; it's an image we like to cultivate as a country.

Take out the US flags and the footage outside the white house could have been in any third world country.

-------------

48. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 10:44 Asmo

Cutter wrote on May 3, 2011, 01:38:
And maybe they do it for a number of reasons. Point being it still doesn't make it right. And while class and America aren't two words people the world over put together when refering to the US if you'd like to think you're better than them than it starts with acting the part.

*ding ding ding* We have a winner. Australian's get why the US is cheering, but we still think the difference between the US mob and the *insert random extremist mulsim group* mob are mostly academic at this point... Really hard to claim any sort of moral victory.

ps. Nothing will change, there are already warnings issued that his death might cause even greater threats to be terrified of. You won't see the TSA disappear or the paranoia relax, the government doesn't let go of the draconian powers they assumed easily...

47. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 10:05 InBlack

Im not even going to assume what went on in that guys head, there is no way for me to do so with any accuracy since he was a sociopath and a fanatic. Not to mention the fact that 99% of his so called "adresses" were nothing more than jihad propaganda. So excuse me if Im being blunt here but, how the hell would you know??

In any case you are missing my point. It wasnt about Osama, or any other particular terrorist but about the whole damn bloody business. Osama wasnt the first, and unless somebody changes something he sure as hell wont be the last.

For all we fucking know he could still be alive right? Where is his body? Where are pictures of his body? Where are the eyewitnesses to the raid?

Now Im not saying that the US government is lying. They might very well be telling the truth. But consider something that happened not so long ago. WMDs in Iraq, and how that particular "fact" turned out to be just plain bullshit.

Osama deserved what came to him, but like others have noted here its not something to be jolly about. Right now it looks just like a way to score points for Obama for his re-election campaign.

I have a nifty blue line!

46. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 09:54 Prez

I expect this sort of hyperbolic, melodramatic melarchy from Cutter, but I'm a bit shocked to hear it coming from you Beamer. You are seriously equating people celebrating the death of a bloodthirsty savage killer with Muslims celebrating the deaths of innocent men women and children who never did a thing to them? Really?

- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 09:29 Beamer

I do think its pretty tasteless and classless the way some Americans are out dancing in the streets singing and chanting. Funny how they seem to complain about it when some of the muslims do it over there.

I've never agreed with you about anything more.

It's absurd. We turn our noses up at any other country doing this... then we do it ourselves?
We look like idiot hypocrites. We claim to be better and more civilized...

-------------

44. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 09:07 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on May 3, 2011, 08:38:
If you think Im condoning terrorist actions you are wrong. All Im saying is that we dont live in a vacuum. Osama made his choices, but how many were made for him?

Do you think that kids living in Palestine "choose" to hate Jewish kids or vice versa? Or what about the starving children in Somalia, another muslim terrorist "spawn" spot. You think these kids are going to grow up into model citizens, or will they "choose" another path?

Cause and Effect man. Thats all Im saying. Cause and effect. You cant treat the effect without going after the cause. Killing is easy, but it wont change anything.

You do realize that Osama hated EVERYONE other than himself and a certain type of Islamic Country that he centered around Afghanistan right?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

43. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 08:38 InBlack

If you think Im condoning terrorist actions you are wrong. All Im saying is that we dont live in a vacuum. Osama made his choices, but how many were made for him?

Do you think that kids living in Palestine "choose" to hate Jewish kids or vice versa? Or what about the starving children in Somalia, another muslim terrorist "spawn" spot. You think these kids are going to grow up into model citizens, or will they "choose" another path?

Cause and Effect man. Thats all Im saying. Cause and effect. You cant treat the effect without going after the cause. Killing is easy, but it wont change anything.

42. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 06:42 xXBatmanXx

I guess what Im saying is that the US made this guy, just as they are continuing to make others like him (or even worse if thats possible) if they continue their current foreign policies.

No way. The US didn't make him kill women and children. The US did not make him use women as shields. They are cowards. They are the lowest life form on the Earth.

I don't agree with all of our foreign policies. But to say the US created him is just dead wrong. He chose to be the monster he is, just as any prior shitbird like him decides.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

41. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2011, 04:33 InBlack

Its hard to say what exactly was Osama's beef with the US. Im guessing it had very little to do with actual religion or politics, and more to do with revenge, money and power.

In any case, the towers went down in '01 and tinfoil hats or no, I think any sane and clearly thinking person with a shred of common sense will admit that somewhere along the line mistakes were made and clearly mistakes arent something that is exactly alien to the US or any other government.

I guess what Im saying is that the US made this guy, just as they are continuing to make others like him (or even worse if thats possible) if they continue their current foreign policies.

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo