Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November

EA now offers the official announcement of Need for Speed The Run, their just-revealed continuation of the racing series. This includes word that the game will be released on November 15, and that it will be making use of the Frostbite 2 engine that DICE developed for their Battlefield series. Here's a bit:

Need for Speed The Run lures players into an underground world of illicit, high-stakes racing. The heat is on – and it isn’t just the fuzz who are after you. Entering the race is just the beginning as you blow across borders, weave through dense urban traffic, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds. Powered by DICE’s state-of-the-art Frostbite™ 2 engine, Need for Speed The Run takes the action racing genre to new heights with stunning visuals and car physics that hug the road even at top speeds all built around a gripping storyline. The cars are hot, the racing is intense and the story will have you at the edge of your seat… all the way from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Empire State building.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 30, 2011, 02:37 nin

Ledge wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 21:24:
yeah this series is dead. give me another Interstate 76'

Ohhhh...do not tease me. I came across my old I76 manual the other day in a box of old stuff.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 30, 2011, 02:17 siapnar

Golwar wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 19:54:
Well I'm interested. I still like the series, I don't mind another approach to include a storyline and I want to see how the Frostbite 2 engine handles racing games.
I'm with ya, although I thought the new Hot Pursuit was horribly arcadey... as in, it was like you weren't even driving a car.

I have projectile dysfunction.

11. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 21:24 Ledge

yeah this series is dead. give me another Interstate 76'  

10. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 19:54 Golwar

Well I'm interested. I still like the series, I don't mind another approach to include a storyline and I want to see how the Frostbite 2 engine handles racing games.  

9. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 19:47 Cutter

When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 19:13 Hump

The hell with this dead series, wheres GRID 2?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

7. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 16:22 WyldKat

Halo wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 13:22:
Doma wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 10:55:
an underground world of illicit, high-stakes racing

Can someone just make a damn remake of Street Rod?

Come on!

And dont mess it up please!

There was this game called "Street Legal" that incorporated actual engine and body building. Game was awful but the idea of putting different parts together to build a nice motor was fun.

I played Street Legal. It was "awful" in the sense that they really didn't have the money for a better graphics engine and it had many bugs though they were ironed out later on. However the damage system and building a car part by part was something that I found really awesome. You could take out the extra seats, bumpers, lights, even glass to make the car weigh less. With a script edit you could even swap engines. Hitting a curb in a race could shear off your oilpan causing the engine to sieze up, or you could even have a really bad wreck and leave your car a twisted heap of metal. For all of its faults, I really loved the concept of buying a junked out used car, fixing it up, and racing it where crashing had real consequences, often forcing you to rebuild the car.

And yeah, a remake of Street Rod (with classic cars ONLY PLEASE) would be awesome, or maybe just bringing back MCO...

6. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 13:22 Halo

Doma wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 10:55:

Come on!

There was this game called "Street Legal" that incorporated actual engine and body building. Game was awful but the idea of putting different parts together to build a nice motor was fun.

5. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 12:25 Bludd

The Advocate wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 10:40:
I hope it is nothing like Hot Pursuit. That game sucked so much ass, it might as well have been developed by a scatophilia group.

Yep, it was drift drift drift. See a corner? To go fast, you have to drift! Oh, but you have this grippy Ferrari 458 which has a lot of downforce and a special differential? Well, you still have to drift!

Drifting may look spectacular, but it is usually not the fastest way around a corner, except maybe in rally.

4. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 10:55 Doma

Come on!

3. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 10:42 nin

I think, at this point, the NFS series is dead to me.

2. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 10:40 Burrito of Peace

I hope it is nothing like Hot Pursuit. That game sucked so much ass, it might as well have been developed by a scatophilia group.

1. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 10:35 nin

Thank god. I was just thinking about a world of illicit, high-stakes racing...with Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo