Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization V Patched

A new patch is now available through Steam to automatically update Sid Meier's Civilization V. The patch notes outline an extraordinary number of changes, balance tweaks, and bug fixes.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 29, 2011, 10:10 Tumbler

I don't know what benefit they thought they were providing by leaving it out. It does speed up the game but as others said, just make it an option.

They made turn timer and option and without that turned on the MP game is basically unplayable. One person isn't paying attention and everyone waits, or worse if that person gets up and leaves the game just sits there.

MP game speed is a major issue, I'd say most game I play fall apart, aka everyone quits, because of general play speed. In rare cases you get the right people in a game and it's fast. But occasionally I go into games where someone has not check the turn timer option, and if combat animations where an option as well that would be one more thing to check...

If they make it an option I would like them to also make it the default to have turn timer check and combat animations unchecked, in a lan party it makes more sense for the opposite though so more options would be better.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 29, 2011, 09:28 Parallax Abstraction

Parias wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 23:30:
And yet STILL no option to enable unit animations in multiplayer? I'll continue to be disappointed until they fix that - we have a LAN party waiting on exactly this update.

I'm still amazed the game came out like that. I got my girlfriend into Civilization V and when we play together, she kept hearing me bemoan how terrible multi looks without the animations. She didn't get the big deal, then she decided to play a game by herself one afternoon and was like "Oh, now I see what you mean, this game looks awful in multiplayer." and now she enjoys it less because of that. I don't know what benefit they thought they were providing by leaving it out. It does speed up the game but as others said, just make it an option.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 29, 2011, 00:19 DrEvil

Parias wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 23:30:
And yet STILL no option to enable unit animations in multiplayer? I'll continue to be disappointed until they fix that - we have a LAN party waiting on exactly this update.

Unfortunately, my understanding is that's a much bigger problem than simply animating. They apparently didn't build support for it into the networking protocol at all.

2. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 28, 2011, 23:30 Parias

1. Re: Civilization V Patched Apr 28, 2011, 21:28 Dev

That is a big patch. Looks like those are all the promised AI changes among many other things.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2011, 21:34.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo