Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed

We're afraid to announce that F.E.A.R. 3 is delayed again, as Giant Bomb has confirmed with WBIE that the horror-themed shooter in development at Day 1 Studios is now expected on June 21, after previously being expected next month. The game is a repeat offender in this area, as it was announced with a fall 2010 date, which was pushed back to this year, which was eventually specified as March 22 before it suffered another setback to May. No word on the reasons for the delay is provided.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 28, 2011, 11:24 Ratty

Actually bought FEAR 2 but only played about 10 minutes before giving up. 10 minutes was all I needed to see. I won't even bother checking previews or demos or anything for FEAR 3. Zero interest.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 28, 2011, 09:22 wtf_man

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 08:27:
FEAR 2 was a solid, if unspectacular shooter. It was better than I expected and I actually thought it was better than the original game. Still, FEAR3 looks pretty terrible from what I've seen so far and I'm really not sure why they bothered.

FEAR was a solid, if unspectacular shooter.

FEAR2 looked pretty terrible from what I saw, and I'm really not sure why they bothered.

FEAR3 I don't know WTF they're thinking, and they shouldn't be wasting resources on it.

8. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 28, 2011, 08:27 theyarecomingforyou

FEAR 2 was a solid, if unspectacular shooter. It was better than I expected and I actually thought it was better than the original game. Still, FEAR3 looks pretty terrible from what I've seen so far and I'm really not sure why they bothered.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

7. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 28, 2011, 06:15 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 00:23:
To be fair, FEAR2 was developed by Monolith and most people still considered it a failure. FEAR simply didn't need sequels. It was a fully self-contained game that would have been better left alone. WB is just milking it at this point, just like Vivendi was before.

FEAR 2 was alright... better than a lot of other FPS games released in the past 5 years. It just wasn't anywhere near as good as FEAR, which makes people hate it. Sort of like Crysis 2.

This one looks even worse though.

6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 28, 2011, 00:23 Jerykk

it has since the day it was announced with day 1 doing it and not monolith.

To be fair, FEAR2 was developed by Monolith and most people still considered it a failure. FEAR simply didn't need sequels. It was a fully self-contained game that would have been better left alone. WB is just milking it at this point, just like Vivendi was before.

I'm more interested in seeing what Monolith is working on right now. Hopefully it isn't a military shooter.

5. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 20:44 the_culture

Maybe they were afraid of competing against L.A. Noire?  

4. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 20:17 Nucas

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 19:25:
Everything about this game screams fail at this point.

it has since the day it was announced with day 1 doing it and not monolith.

3. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 19:57 Overon

If a game gets delayed a few times like this, I think it's most probable that the publisher is not happy with the quality of it. I could be wrong though of course.  

2. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 19:57 shponglefan

Oh noes! Now I have to wait even longer for a game I have no intention of playing.  

1. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 19:25 StingingVelvet

Everything about this game screams fail at this point.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo