Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New AMD Catalyst Drivers

The AMD Graphics Drivers & Software Page now offers new version 11.4 Catalyst reference drivers for AMD/ATI graphics cards. There are new drivers for 64 bit Windows Vista/Windows 7, 32 bit Windows Vista/Windows 7, and 32 bit Windows XP. The AMD Catalyst 11.4 Release Notes outline all that's new and different.

View
1. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Apr 27, 2011, 17:04 DG

hmm, some not-bad performance boosts being claimed, but then are any of these games likely to need a boost on a modern card? Civ V I seriously doubt, Batman I'm playing right now with everything maxed and it's very smooth. Maybe Black Ops I guess?

Might just stick with these, er, I don't even know what they are, they're dated late Nov so presumably 10.12 or whatever.

Performance Enhancements
A number of performance enhancements are seen with the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:

Call of Duty Black Ops gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations.
Battleforge gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Batman Arkham Asylum gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Aliens vs. Predator gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Civilization 5 gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Far Cry 2 gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Just Cause 2 gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Lost Planet 2 gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations.

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Apr 27, 17:04 Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers DG
  2. Apr 27, 17:35  Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Beelzebud
  3. Apr 27, 19:12   Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Joss
  4. Apr 27, 22:38    Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers LittleMe
  6. Apr 28, 02:02     Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Joss
  8. Apr 28, 05:10   Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers KilrathiAce
  9. Apr 28, 06:33  Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers ochentay4
  5. Apr 28, 01:27 Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers PropheT
  7. Apr 28, 04:03 Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Icewind

footer