Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Line of Defense Game World

An update on the Line of Defense Website by Derek Smart discusses the size of the game world in Line of Defense, 3000AD's upcoming science fiction MMOG. The post is accompanied by some new screenshots showing the game's expansive environment, and here's a bit of outlook on them: "My single greatest concern at this point is that it is so huge that most gamers used to the “closed in” level based design of fps games, may just get lost in there. Or at best, be intimidated by the size of it all. Our friends used to [older] fps games like Planetside, will probably appreciate the scope of it all. But despite that, even if you had 128 people in a single world, that is still a heckuva lot of space to run around in. Sure there are all kinds of vehicles (incl. naval units), aircrafts, jetpacks and such to use, but for my part, running (first or third person) around in these bases is a lot of fun. Especially if you know where you’re going (there’s a map for that)."

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: The Line of Defense Game World Apr 27, 2011, 07:11 CommunistHamster

"expansive world"

I hope it's a giant flat plane, I love those.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: The Line of Defense Game World Apr 26, 2011, 22:41 eRe4s3r

3000AD is one of these things where i always hope that at some point, they earn enough money to make a full AAA Quality streamlined game out of the game idea they had years ago. This isn't saying graphics sucked in AAW, in fact they were neat. But to fill up an universe with interesting locations you need not just buildings and vehicles, but NPC's dialog, dynamic civilians and military, politics, interesting missions, a global narrative etc.

I am sure lots of people have their "bad experiences" with any one of the games done by em so far, but the general idea behind them is extremely neat. It just needs.. you know..... more "streamlining" and less "hardcore" I guess a MMO is a good place to start this process, once that works out, lets have a redo of the "original" game idea, just this time with less hardcore. Tooltips, dynamic HUD, low difficulty at the beginning, Interesting Characters, tight narrative and things like that...

1. Re: The Line of Defense Game World Apr 26, 2011, 21:28 LanikTnt

You lost me at 3000AD.

Here is their best release:
Derek Smart's Desktop Commander

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo