Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TrackMania2 Closed Beta in July, ShootMania Beta Nears

Ubisoft announces plans to begin closed beta testing of TrackMania2 Canyon in July, as development progresses on Nadeo's racing sequel and the ManiaPlanet portal for TrackMania, ShootMania, and QuestMania. They also say that beta testing nears on the upcoming first-person shooter and that their RPG plans are still alive: "In addition to TrackMania2 Canyon, a closed beta of ShootMania, ManiaPlanetís FPS, will be available in the coming months. QuestMania, an RPG, also will be available via closed beta at a later date. The result will be a single ManiaPlanet community where players are free to engage with any of the three games however they choose, whether by creating and communicating, organizing and cooperating, competing, or simply playing for fun." Here's word on the TrackMania sequel:

Nadeo has improved upon that foundation with TrackMania2 Canyon, delivering tremendous advances in graphic quality, racing realism and network infrastructure while maintaining the intuitive gameplay, captivating racing modes and familiar community tools that make the TrackMania series unique.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: TrackMania2 Closed Beta in July, ShootMania Beta Nears Apr 26, 2011, 19:24 Suddenly_Dead

Included, then dropped. Forever has never had any trace of it. Why would you just automatically assume they'd go back to it? The pessimism and cynicism here is hilarious.

If they do include it, it's no big deal, I just won't buy the game. If they drop it at a later date I will. Whoopdeedoo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: TrackMania2 Closed Beta in July, ShootMania Beta Nears Apr 26, 2011, 19:16 killer_roach

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 17:42:
So long as their craptacular DRM isn't included, I'll be buying it.

Considering TrackMania originally used StarForce, I'm assuming they'll have something equally insidious.

3. Re: TrackMania2 Closed Beta in July, ShootMania Beta Nears Apr 26, 2011, 17:42 Suddenly_Dead

So long as their craptacular DRM isn't included, I'll be buying it.  

2. Re: TrackMania2 Closed Beta in July, ShootMania Beta Nears Apr 26, 2011, 15:18 nin

Besides, seeing Trackmania and Ubi together in the same press release hurts.

Yep, I'll be skipping it. Shame, but I'm not giving Ubi a penny.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: TrackMania2 Closed Beta in July, ShootMania Beta Nears Apr 26, 2011, 15:16 Paketep

July?. Damn, that's late.

Besides, seeing Trackmania and Ubi together in the same press release hurts.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo